Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:41 Sun 3 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Mon the Jags!

Yeh, Liverpool showing no mercy, thank god we aren't moving to the premiership!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:39 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
Mon the Jags!

Yeh, Liverpool showing no mercy, thank god we aren't moving to the premiership!!!!

Oooo Dave, there is go the hopes of winning the First Division again ! I thought we looked decent in pre-season, got the day off next Saturday so will be able to see the damage first hand in a competitive match.

And yeah, you're lucky you don't have to play Liverpool every week, worst you got to put up with is Venegoor of Hesselink and he's hardly Fernando Torres . Can get a with 40 year old defenders in SPL because all the strikers are just as slow.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:21 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
It's only the first game mate! Plenty of time to improve, Thistle, my 2nd team basically, also have time to become tired...so give it a few months and see where the pars are.

Lmao at that, it's so true, David Weir, Craig Brewster, GREIG SHIELDS...they're all the same.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:08 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I can post now

Being a Saints fan, I don't really look forward to our first match away to Parkhead. I am going to it, but I don't like watching Celtic and Rangers.

As for who will win the league? One of those two. Both have the best teams ( and have done for the past 24 years), and most referees in OF matches are really bad, sometimes actually giving them the 3 points from nothing.

Battle for 3rd should be interesting. Motherwell and Dundee United will go for it again, Aberdeen are losing their quality, Hearts are...a wreck. Hibs, terrible preseason. Falkirk, unpredictable, but very good now.

Down at the bottom end, I see Accies safely staying up. Saints should have enough quality to survive. I reckon the battle is between Inverness and Killie, and it's Killie heading down methinks.

And well done to Annan Athletic for their astonishing victory over Cowdenbeath
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:28 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree, Killie are not SPL quality.

Edited at 18:28 Mon 4/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I completely disagree.

Killie always have a good basis, I can't even imagine them being in danger with a league that contains ICT and Hamilton, and even St Mirren but to a lesser extent. I wouldn't be that suprised if they were to manage a top 6 finish.

Apart for the fans of Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell and Dundee Utd chasing titles and European slots and Hamilton, ICT and St Mirren who will be in a wee relegation scrap it's a boring season where you aren't going to get relegated but not challenge for anything either.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:25 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
You seem like a Killie fan. Would I be right?

Accies, for me have a very good squad, better than Saints when we came up. Better than Killie, ICT and Saints I reckon. I can't see them heading down, it's natural for newly promoted teams to be expected to go down.

Saints are improving, and should start aiming for around 8th. Our main problem is goalscoring though, and a lack of confidence when going behind by a goal.

ICT will struggle I think, but I don't see what Killie have to offer. No outstanding talents, nothing with transfers, no goalscorers since you let go of Boyd, Naismith and Nish. If Killie get top 6 I'll eat my St Mirren top.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:34 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm far from a Killie fan. Dunfermline if you must know.

Right, if Killie finish above St Mirren you'll eat your Buddies top? I don't think you will get relegated but I don't think you will be far off, bottom 3 a probability I'd say.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
egotistical said:
I'm far from a Killie fan. Dunfermline if you must know.

Right, if Killie finish above St Mirren you'll eat your Buddies top? I don't think you will get relegated but I don't think you will be far off, bottom 3 a probability I'd say.

I thought I said if Killie get a TOP 6, not if they finish above the Buds.

Bottom 3 is a possibility, we underachieve at times, and I could see Accies above us.

Pars fan? Thanks for giving us Gary Mason, he's our 2nd best midfielder
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:53 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yoda said:

And I thought you said Killie would get relegated? St Mirren going to finish 13th are they lmao?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:00 Mon 4 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
egotistical said:
yoda said:

And I thought you said Killie would get relegated? St Mirren going to finish 13th are they lmao?

Yup

I do expect Killie to go down. You said they could get top 6. I decided that if that really happens, I'll eat my top. Never know, Saints might end 1st

(Well, I'm allowed to hope.)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:18 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Hearts would get relegated before Killie.

Killie are quite a good team. I think Falkirk are gonna be the best team in the SPL outside Celtic and Rangers.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:58 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
ROFL falkirk, wow thats really throwing it out there, isnt it ?

umm for 3rd ill go dundee or motherwell, but its a new season, anything could happen
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:58 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Rofl, Rangers lost to Kaunas

Hearts are a possibility to go down. Romanov has wrecked them, it just depends on how many decent players they bring in (half of them from Kaunas.) I suppose they have some quality, with the likes of rising star Gary Glen posing some problems for opposition defence.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Rangers losing to Kaunas = a joke.

Serves them right for playing such a stupid formation away from home in a must win game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:04 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yoda said:
Rofl, Rangers lost to Kaunas

Hearts are a possibility to go down. Romanov has wrecked them, it just depends on how many decent players they bring in (half of them from Kaunas.) I suppose they have some quality, with the likes of rising star Gary Glen posing some problems for opposition defence.

How are Hearts going to go down in a league that includes Hamilton, ICT and St Mirren? The are needing a couple more goal threats but they are looking to bring Riordan in, still got quality with Berra, Kingston and Andrew Driver. They will struggle but not go down.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:14 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
It's possible, but I think Hearts will hover around 8th instead. Accies are a decent side, Saints are bringing in some decent players, it's only ICT and Killie I see getting relegated.

Meanwhile, it appears that the ref for the Celtic vs St Mirren match is going to be Eddie Smith, who handed Celtic the 3 points last time we met. A contreversial free kick, well scored by Nakamura, wasn't the only poor decision made by Smith in that match. McGeady should have been sent off, Hugh Murray was booked because Scott Brown nearly squared up to him.

I somehow see this ending in a Celtic win, with the refs aid should they be struggling.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:25 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
It's always gonna be a Celtic win.

♪ we are THE champions ♫

Meanwhile Rangers announce new shirt sponsor Easyjet. In and out of Europe in 3 hours.

I have my big wooden spoon out tonight.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:35 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Not a laugh from that quote, sorry. I seen it over on a Scottish football forum two hours ago

And come on...1-1 at Parkhead last season, and that muppet of a ref giving you the win last time...just be glad he's refereeing again
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:56 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
thats the mark of champions.

never giving up and always giving 100% right to the end.

Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.