Scottish football chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:51 Thu 7 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Yoda how can you say not going to the games makes you a lesser fan?

Thats Rubbish. Have you seen the price of tickets to get to a game these days? Some people cantafford to go to games week in week out. That dont make them any less of a fan.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Thu 7 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Got to agree with da_chump. Football costs a fortune. I am a die hard 'well fan but I simply can't afford to go to as many games as I would like to. Got mouths to feed, mortgage to pay etc.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:43 Fri 8 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeh, football ticket prices are a joke nowadays.

Here's a random price from last season:

Rangers v Gretna Adult:£28 juv and conc: £15

Not that bad if alone, but, imagine your taking your child/friend/partner or whatever. Including food and getting home, It builds up.

I noticed it was £50 for a Rangers v Barcelona ticket last season, and now Rangers are claiming to be skint? Seriously?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:24 Sat 9 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
well you wont have too pay European match price's this season.

The mighty Saint tommorow. Got a feeling it going to be Celtic 0 - 2 St.Mirren.

hopefully not.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:06 Sat 9 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
da_chump said:
well you wont have too pay European match price's this season.

The mighty Saint tommorow. Got a feeling it going to be Celtic 0 - 2 St.Mirren.

hopefully not.

I wish it did end 2-0 to the Saints.

I think it will be 4-0 to Celtic though. Saints already have their 2 best midfielders ruled out along with Dargo. (Not concerned about Dargs, he'd just give us 5 offsides.) Also Haining, Spanish Guy and Miranda are concerns, and may not play. We could be missing half our best 11 for this match, I don't look forward to it.

Edited at 23:26 Sat 9/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:08 Sat 9 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
Yeh, football ticket prices are a joke nowadays.

Here's a random price from last season:

Rangers v Gretna Adult:£28 juv and conc: £15

Old Firm prices are way beyond the rest. I've noticed that away tickets to both stadiums are rip offs compared to the likes of Falkirk, and Parkhead is even a restricted view.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:46 Sat 9 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Right the lads I'm going to throw some facts at you for prices.

Celtic season tickets cost the most at around £350 whereas second highest is amazingly Hamilton.

Falkirk are cheapest at £180 which I think is awesome. Keep the fans happy and the will flock. Good work Falkirk. I honestly can't believe I just said that .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:04 Sun 10 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
My old season ticket was about £500 for Celtic but that inclueded European games , Old firm games and cup games.

But i stopped going when my dad said i was old enough to pay for my own season ticket.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:21 Sun 10 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Saints were unlucky today, i reckon if they never gave Celtic a penalty it would have been a draw, Celtic were genuinley not good enough today. Same with Rangers yesterday too.

Hearts off to a flyer beating Motherwell 3-2 (sorry spenny!) And Hibernians pre season losing streak seems to be soiled into the season, after a 1-0 loss at Kilmarnock.

Odds are against Hamilton tomorrow night, with Dundee Utd to win 4-1 at 12/1.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:23 Mon 11 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Our back 4 and keeper were brilliant yesterday, no doubt keeping us in the game. If Haining hadn't made that error by giving away a pen and being sent off, we could have taken a point, or even a shock win.

Mehmet was also really unlucky to hit the post. Had that gone in, it could have been our game. However, playing a 4-5-1 just doesn't work against the Old Firm, you create a maximum of three chances a game.

As for tonight, I think Accies and Dundee United will draw 1-1.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:36 Mon 11 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Just watched the highlights, and I think it was a poor decision by the ref to award a penalty and send Haining off. Venegoor was holding Haining's shirt as well, and fell over trying to hit the shot. I doubt it should have even been a booking for Haining.

However, I've got to admit Celtic should have been given a penalty earlier when Mark Howard fouled Venegoor, so the penalties cancel out. Sending off was harsh though, and if we have any sense, we should appeal it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:51 Mon 11 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Scoring 2 goals away from home and losing the game is hard to take

On a positive note, Clarkson scored both. Hope George Burley is keeping him in mind for the national team
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:05 Mon 11 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Didn't Clarkson score when we had that friendly against Czech Republic?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:07 Mon 11 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes , he did.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:40 Mon 11 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I bet the Hamilton score would've burst a few coupons

Hamilton Accies 3 - 1 Dundee Utd

Well done Hamilton
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Mon 11 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Very good for Accies. The usual "just promoted team is going down" crap has yet again been outdone, this time Accies putting in a great performance to silence their critics. A great result for them, and should be the first of many good results to keep them safe.

Hotstuby will be pleased
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Mon 11 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not a big fan of Celtic or Rangers, my favourite SPL team are Motherwell from what I've seen, but I don't watch much SPL so I can't really judge.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:48 Tue 12 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
so stoked for accies beating dundee
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:57 Tue 12 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Cuellar sold to Villa for 8 Million.

Outrage, get Murray out!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:29 Tue 12 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
Cuellar sold to Villa for 8 Million.

Outrage, get Murray out!

I thought Cuellar would have moved to a bigger club than Villa, looking at how good he is. Great signing for them. As for Rangers...
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.