Scottish football chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:06 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't know what that has to do with the ref...

Anyway, Rangers loss is the biggest laugh I've had for a while. Even QOTS are still in and might even fancy their chance of a win. I hope Queen's go for it and get the win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:17 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yoda said:
Anyway, Rangers loss is the biggest laugh I've had for a while.

Scottish football fan are we? Wasn't it just Scotland v Lithuania or even a nice chance to get it right up Romanov?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:19 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
egotistical said:
yoda said:
Anyway, Rangers loss is the biggest laugh I've had for a while.

Scottish football fan are we? Wasn't it just Scotland v Lithuania or even a nice chance to get it right up Romanov?

I don't like either side of the Old Firm.

I'll support anyone else in Europe, Belgian or Scottish. Just not Celtic or Rangers.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:53 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Why do you hate the old firm? What have we done exactly? Besides be successful, oh and actually have a trophy room.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:05 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I hate them for a few reasons.

First off, I hate how the Gloryhunting fans that never go to the games laugh at me and a few others who support, and are loyal, to our local team. The way they always call us crap, or diddies, when they don't even go to watch their team. If their team got relegated, they wouldn't even support them any more.

I also find the league incredibly boring to watch now. Since I've been born, it's just between Celtic and Rangers. No challenge at all. The First Division is far more exciting to watch, as so is the Belgian top league.

I also hate the way how referees act in OF games. They bottle it so many times, giving in to the 50,000 odd fans getting on their back. I can tell Sunday is going to be bad, because Eddie Smith himself is a Celtic fan. Oh, and he handed them the win at Love Street a few months ago.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:13 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yoda said:
I hate them for a few reasons.
First off, I hate how the Glory hunting fans that never go to the games laugh at me and a few others who support, and are loyal, to our local team.

Well, i wouldn't call them gloryhunting, i'd call them immature fans that don't know what it means to actually support a team without the shameful background (you know where i'm going with this)

My dad, and his dad, and his dad before that, all supported Glasgow Rangers, back in the day when all the players that played in Scotland were Scottish, and Rangers and Celtic were just like any other team in terms of support, they were only local and had to start somewhere too.

Besides, you don't need to go to a game to be a true supporter, i've not been to a Rangers or Thistle game in years!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:32 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Not going to the games isn't being much of a supporter I'd say. Unless you have a proper reason, like being abroad, or severe injuries/whatever.
In my eyes, a supporter is someone who goes out there, supports their team, stands by them in difficult situations, and supports them no matter what.
Say people like those who supported Derby County last season the whole time, or those at Hearts who are watching their team become Lithuania. Or those at Gretna, who will still support them, even though they have been eliminated from the SFL. Fans like that are true supporters. I suppose your version of a supporter is different from mine
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:38 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Dave don't explain why you support your club. It doesn't matter where you were born, how much you go to games etc etc no-one has the right to question why you support a club or question anothers commitment to their club.

Referee's are not biased to the OF you're just paranoid, the players are better and are more knowledgable how to take advantage of situations. Referee's get decision wrong, their only human only better players work the resulting free-kick/corner/whatever better. No referee thinks "You know what screw St Mirren, I'll give Celtic the 3pts today".

mr_mcquiston said:
Besides, you don't need to go to a game to be a true supporter.

Not a truer word said on this thread.

Edited at 01:40 Wed 6/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:43 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
It's true they have better players, but just watch how many poor decisions swing the OF's way this season. And I'm not just talking about against St Mirren either.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:46 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
You're just paranoid.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:59 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
We all have dodgy decisions.
I'm sure i saw one at Fir park at the end of the season.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:02 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah...Fir Park...the memories...survival from 2-0 down to win 3-2, nearly getting relegated after just coming back up...with the Pars winning 1-0, and then losing 2-1...best game I've ever been to....

And last season, an extremely boring 0-0 draw with Gretna...

Sorry about that, lost in thoughts.

Edited at 02:03 Wed 6/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:13 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
yoda said:
Ah...Fir Park...the memories...survival from 2-0 down to win 3-2, nearly getting relegated after just coming back up...with the Pars winning 1-0, and then losing 2-1...best game I've ever been to....

You did not just mention that!! Took me a year and a bit to block it out! GGGGGGRRRRRRR lol

Edited at 02:16 Wed 6/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:16 Tue 5 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
egotistical said:
yoda said:

You did not just mention that!! Took me a year and half to block it out! GGGGGGRRRRRRR lol

Sorry, forgot you were a Pars fan
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:57 Wed 6 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  

I miss the old days where Raith Rovers n Thistle were in the SPL.

I miss Clydebank being in the 2nd division too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:33 Wed 6 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
egotistical said:

How are Hearts going to go down in a league that includes Hamilton,

accies will place 2nd you will see .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:28 Wed 6 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:

I miss the old days where Raith Rovers n Thistle were in the SPL.

I miss Clydebank being in the 2nd division too.

I miss Dunfermline being 4th in the league, cup finalists with Jimmy Calderwood in charge and a UEFA Cup adventure beckoning (where did it all go so wrong? 22nd May 2004 15.45 Dunfermline 1 - 0 Celtic Scottish Cup Final, 4 years later 5th in Irn-Bru First Division ) and the Falkirk lot not even favourites for promotion!!

Edited at 13:29 Wed 6/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:07 Wed 6 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm a Rangers fan and have been for 36 years, I can't see Rangers finishing top and the short sighted approach shown by Walter and DM have set us back years. We should have gone out and invested 15M plus in the summer to move forward from making it to the UEFA cup final and invested in the future of the club. Now we won't attract quality players and have lost the 10M bounty that the group stages would have guaranteed.

Sell the club to a consortium who have Rangers at heart and lets see what they can do.

As for other fans not supporting the OF in Europe , well the facts are clear without the OF the co-efficient for Scottish clubs would be rank rotten! FACT!!!! So thats just a tad myopic I would say.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:09 Thu 7 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
warcriminal said:
I'm a Rangers fan and have been for 36 years, I can't see Rangers finishing top and the short sighted approach shown by Walter and DM have set us back years. We should have gone out and invested 15M plus in the summer to move forward from making it to the UEFA cup final and invested in the future of the club. Now we won't attract quality players and have lost the 10M bounty that the group stages would have guaranteed.

Would you rather have kept Paul Le Guen?

Anyway, St Mirren have signed some Spanish midfielder whose name is too long to remember. He scored in a preseason win away to Blackpool, and featured in our away win at Darlington. Hopefully he'll add some much needed attack to the squad. We can't always rely on Dorman and Mehmet after all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:46 Thu 7 Aug 08 (BST)  [Link]  
Would be nice if Motherwell win could win it for Uncle Phil. Still can't believe he is gone. That's a football match I will never forget, for that reason and the amount of goals scored.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.