Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19091
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:08 Fri 19 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
BBC Sport said:
The introduction of Gabri by Sion took the total of ineligible players to four, suggesting that this tie may yet be decided in the courts, rather than on the pitch.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:33 Fri 19 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
bit like the chelsea embargo which nothing came to....nothing will happen
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:50 Fri 19 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yoda said:
manwee said:
yoda said:
manwee said:

you are absolutely spot on , football is a joke , how any st mirren player earns more than a giro never ceases to amaze me

Hahahahahahahaha hilarious.

Remember the night that team of yours, with the most £££ by a long distance in Scotland got pumped by St Mirren 4-0?

the most money? aye ok m8 , thats how rangers have spent nearly 30 million since 2008

Are you honestly trying to use that as deflection?

You know for a fact that Celtic and Rangers can spend much, much, much more money on players than anyone else in the SPL. The fact that your mob, with Robbie Keane at the time, a guy who probably earned more in a week than the entire St Mirren team put together, got ripped apart by a team who is tiny compared to yourselves. 4-0. Robbie Keane couldn't even score against a defence containing Lee Mair and John Potter.

It would be like St Mirren getting trounced 4-0 off East Stirling, comparing the money each team has.

St Mirren 4-0 Celtic - One of the funniest things that has ever happened. A double from Steven Thomson, a double from Andy Dorman, and a large bunch of greeting Celtic fans - priceless!

Hoi!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:51 Fri 19 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Last night was the night domestic Scottish football finally broke.

Don't expect to see many loan deals coming up from England anytime soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:51 Fri 19 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Is it true that Harry Rednapp offered Jake Livermore to Rangers?
But Ally McCoist turned it down?
If so, i cant believe he would turn that down because that boy is a really good player and he showed that last night.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:11 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
murphybhoy said:
Is it true that Harry Rednapp offered Jake Livermore to Rangers on loan?
But Ally McCoist turned it down?
If so, i cant believe he would turn that down because that boy is a really good player and he showed that last night.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:43 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
Scottish football has took a battering tonight.

Manwee if you're going in that direction of slagging other teams, then mon the Sion for next week, i hope Celtic get battered in Switzerland, no need to dig at the saints like that. So disrespectful. (Expecting a ''was only joking'' line to follow my post)

Rangers have spent 30 million since 2008? Source? Tell me where it's went transfer wise. I'd love to know.

Oh and try quoting correctly next time.

jelavic , davis , lafferty , more than 10 million on 3 players alone, the rest i will leave to yourself to dig up ( it is out there) and lets be honest you want sion to win anyway and why shouldnt you.....its no big drama really is it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:59 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
here is some more for you mr mcquistion

miller 2mill
bougy 2.5 mill
mendes 3mill
edu 2.6 mill
velicka 1 mill

add that to the above and we are already over 21 million

the cry is , we are skint and still won the league. Skint my .... !
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:05 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol....i can see you're adding up the money spent, but what about money received? It works out that we spent about 5-10 Million over 2 years.

If you think i'm talking guff...

Alan Hutton - We received 9 Million for him.
Carlos Cuellar - We received 7 Million for him.
Pedro Mendes - We received (i believe) 2 million.

Then on top of those you had smaller numbers such as Charlie Adam, Nacho Novo, Kevin Thomson and Kris Boyd.

Easily, transfer fees received is over 15 Million pounds, a wee slice for Mr Murray, and we still had plenty. So we've not spent anything near 21 Million when it comes to the profit/loss margin.

Edited at 10:09 Sat 20/08/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:54 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
obviously never went to school much

doesnt matter what you received , no matter how you try to dress it up , you spent way more than what you say.

Cant believe what you are trying to get others to believe. unbelievable lol

next you will be telling anyone who will listen walter smith won 9 titles on the trot lol

the money rangers received obviosly belongs to rangers , who then spent it , giving us a grand total of 5-10 million lol ( am away to roll about the floor laughing , please excuse me)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:40 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, it does matter.

What's me going to school got to do with anything? Why are you trying to insult my intelligence? Isn't it true that when you make profit you spend it? That's exactly what it is, you need to look at the bigger picture and realise, they don't just pluck millions from thin air, it's from selling other players.

People can believe what they want, it's a discussion on a forum, not a Scientology gathering.

Walter Smith didn't win 9 in a row that's correct. He won 7 then a further 3 (which equals 10 in case you weren't aware) which is still a fantastic achievement and won a total of 21 cups over a period of 11 seasons which statistically is better than either of Celtics most successful managers! Who were William Maley and Stein. (Saves you googling it)

Oh and for the record, i'd like to see all 3 teams in Europa. Obviously you don't, and well, if you argue with that you're a contradicting yourself a little.

I hope rolling on the floor laughing isn't literal, you must laugh your backside off watching Celtic every weekend if you're that easily amused.
The end
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:43 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Manwee, I take it you don't know the difference between Gross Spend and Net Spend?

Players in:
Beasley - £0.7m
Cuellar - £2.37m
McCulloch - £2.25m
Whittaker - £2m
Cousin - £1.1m
Naismith - £1.9m
Bendikson - £0.1m
Webster - £0.45m
Miller - £2m
Velicka - £1m
Lafferty - £3.25m
Bougherra - £2.5m
Mendes - £3m
Davis - £3m
Edu - £2.6m
Beattie - £1.25m
Jelavic - £4m

Total: £33.47m

Players out:
Hutton - £9m
Sebo - £1m
Cuellar - £7.8m
Cousin £3.5m
Ferguson £1.25m
Adam - £0.5m
Gow - £0.2m
Mendes - £1.5m
Thomson - £2m
Wilson - £2m
Miller - £0.4m

Total: £29.15m

That makes our Net Spend £4.32m

Edited at 16:49 Sat 20/08/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:37 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Some interesting results throughout Scottish football today. St Mirren looking good for a victory today, a decent start to the season for them.

St Mirren will go top of the table today too by the looks of it!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:54 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well done St Mirren and a fantastic win for Dunfermline too

mr_mcquiston said:
Some interesting results throughout Scottish football today. St Mirren looking good for a victory today, a decent start to the season for them.

St Mirren will go top of the table today too by the looks of it!!

No they won't. They had 5 points before today'smatch. Their win takes them to 8 points and 4th place - 1 point above Rangers.

Edited at 17:04 Sat 20/08/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:05 Sat 20 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah my mistake, i read it after the results, assuming the points were not added yet.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:40 Sun 21 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
back is absolutely killing me

no more rolling about the floor for me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:05 Sun 21 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds like a Celtic player near the penalty box...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:59 Sun 21 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
Sounds like a Celtic player near the penalty box...

hahahahaha

Oh wait, now I'm rolling on the floor laughing

Posted Image

They couldn't even afford his shoe laces, nevermind his wages
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:51 Sun 21 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, well, well! what a result for the mighty St Johnstone

And to think manwee was slagging us for booing our team......

Oh when the Saints,
Go marching in.........

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:56 Sun 21 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Laughing out loud!!!!

Now i'm rolling on the floor laughing, literally!!!
Oh when the saints go marching in!!!!

Fantastic result for St Johnstone, good for them.
Pages: 19091
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.