Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:31 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ally mc coist CELTIC SUPPORTERS CLUB

This might just catch on lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:36 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Why support him? Because he's top of the league? Glory hunting eh?

Doesn't make sense for Celtic to support McCoist, mind you, supporting Celtic doesn't make much sense either!!

Moving on, what can be done to improve our game? Celtic and Rangers are the top flight teams and they can't even pass a qualifying stage. It's simply not good enough. As for Hearts they were unlucky with the draw.

Edited at 21:41 Thu 25/08/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:41 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Depressing night for Scottish football.

I now await Mr Salmond to call an emergency summit on the state of Scottish football

Don't Sion still have a court case about their 5 players who were not supposed to play against Celtic? Wonder what would happen if they lose that case.....clutching at straws here, but maybe Celtic will be reinstated?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:45 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It's a possibility Murphy.

Though if they won the case, i'd find it a little unfair, as they were far from earning it, but oh well.

2008 - Europa Finals
2011 - Can't even qualify.

What's went wrong in 3 years?
Neil Lennon should be sacked also, i don't think he's doing any good for Celtic in Europe. Both managers need to get a grip of their principles.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:51 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:

Oh dear. Your own team has just been knocked out of Europa League and the 1st thing you do is slag off Rangers? At least we now know where your prioroties lie
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:54 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Hearts claim a draw at White Hart.
A good result if they weren't 5 down already

Really gutted for Scottish football tonight, the season for me has begun to look a little sour now, my interest has decreased dramatically. ICT could win it for all i care now.

I'm finding it difficult to digest really.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:56 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Good to see 1 team get a decent result tonight....even if it meant nothing and was against a Spurs team who weren't trying
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:32 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
From my perspective, I'm delighted the Old Firm are out of Europe. It means a lot less £££ for them, which is only a good thing for the other Scottish sides as we try to narrow the ever dull Old Firm dominance. The spaces we get in Europe will not get any worse than 1+3. Also, Neil Lennon and Ally McCoist being in charge is terrific because they are both clueless (now that I've said that, Celtic will pump us at the weekend).

It's easier for me to take though regarding Europe, because the dual nationality I have means I watch out for Belgian teams too, and we've had 4 teams out of 5 qualify for the Group Stages. Genk are in the CL, Anderlecht, Standard Liege and Club Bruges in the EL. Only Westerlo failed to make it, and they are a mid table side who were knocked out by Young Boys.

I enjoyed tonight! Great result for Hearts too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:36 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
As for St Mirren related things, Tuesday night was cracking. Gary Teale scores a great free kick early on. The players go into "this will be too easy mode", and before we know it, it's 2-1 and we're behind into HT. Suddenly we score 3 and it's 4-2. Young striker Jon McShane misses a one on one, the 'keepers kickout is poor, and Steven Thompson spurns his chance of a hat trick by chipping the 'keeper and hitting the bar. Then Morton score a minute later and it's 4-3. What a game!

Saints are playing nice stuff now, but they have a habit of being similar to John Hughes - sideways, back, sideways, no real attacking direction. We need to push forward more, especially as we only ever seem to have 2 guys in the box for crosses. Still, it makes a change from hoofball.

While I reckon we can take Celtic, being attack minded could be our undoing. Celtic will punish us if we push forward too much, yet they are dodgy at the back. Also a chance of a backlash after two defeats in a row to St Johnstone and Sion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:26 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You may well be delighted yoda, but it is a very worrying situation we are in at the moment, not just the Old Firm, but the rest of Scottish football.

True, it might not drastically affect how many spots are available for Scottish teams in Europe, but it affects where we start in the competitions. Failure to reach at least the group stages means our co-efficient goes down, which in turn means that our clubs start playing earlier qualifying rounds each time, increasing the chances of being knocked out yet again. That is a vicious circle we all desperately want to avoid.

Edited at 03:43 Fri 26/08/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:12 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cmurphy said:
manwee said:

Oh dear. Your own team has just been knocked out of Europa League and the 1st thing you do is slag off Rangers? At least we now know where your prioroties lie

my team was knocked out when the draw was made

no consistent strikers , decent midfield , couple of decent defenders , not hard to beat celtic these days

if sion are found guilty of cheating they should be lobbed out straight away but give their place to somebody else fifa because we certainly dont deserve it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:39 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:
cmurphy said:
manwee said:

my team was knocked out when the draw was made

no consistent strikers , decent midfield , couple of decent defenders , not hard to beat celtic these days

if sion are found guilty of cheating they should be lobbed out straight away but give their place to somebody else fifa because we certainly dont deserve it

I heard on BBC Radio Scotland this morning that Platini has said Celtic probably will be reinstated.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:14 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh, and if Celtic do get back in, this is who they'll face

Athletico Madrid
Rennes
Udinese
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:23 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Put them back in, this will tire them in the domestic campaign. I can see Celtic failing massively in that group. Those 3 teams are very very good. I'd be gutted if the Gers got that group (if we qualified!!)

Edited at 17:31 Fri 26/08/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:03 Sat 27 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cmurphy said:

Athletico Madrid
Rennes
Udinese

six points no bother out that group for the tic
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:09 Sat 27 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:
cmurphy said:

Athletico Madrid
Rennes
Udinese

six points no bother out that group for the tic

Going by their performances against Sion....they'd be lucky to get 6 passes nevermind 6 points
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:17 Sat 27 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It would be hilarious if Celtic got put in that group, they would get hammered
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:26 Sat 27 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
id be quite happy with the teams from that group, why be gutted?? You play in Europe to play the best teams in Europe its like getting Man Utd, Inter Milan and Ajax in the champions league and saying your gutted to play them! lol.

Anyway Celtic dont deserve to get through by the back door and even though i think it would be fair if Sion got booted out of Europe i would tell Celtic to give up their place and give it to a team who deserve it, lets say a team who got knocked out on away goals or scored the most goals in the qualifying round.

We were simply not good enough and what makes me laugh is Neil Lennon saying that his players were brilliant!?
Is he kidding us on or something?
was he watching a different game because countless times we gave the ball away, when we needed experience the most experienced man on the park gets sent off and conceded a penalty after the first 2 mins! Ki sung yeung our best passer of the ball plays the worst pass back i have seen in my life and kills the tie when we had 12 mins to pull an equalizer.

I was in Sion that night and it was poor we dont deserve anything.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:40 Sat 27 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Why do other Scottish supporters want another Scottish team to get hammered in Europe?
Then kid on that their Scottish and they care about Scottish football?

Il tell you now we DONT want any Scottish teams to get hammered in Europe believe me. This affects the whole of our game from the old firm right down to the lower leagues and if you dont realise that then you have not a clue about how to make scottish football better.

Less money for the old firm means alot less money for the rest of the teams. It affects, attendances, television revenue, player abilities.

Are the rest of Scotland other than the old firm kidding themselves on by thinking that they will close the gap on the old firm because the old firm are getting worse? Can they not see that their own teams are getting worse? look at Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen and then look at their teams ten year ago. The teams were alot better, better players but you dont recognise it because the old firm were alot better then too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:59 Mon 29 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
There's many reasons us other team fans want to see the old firm gubbed in Europe.

First off, the money. The gap is wide enough, and getting CL/EL money just widens it further. A few years of old firm failure would see the gap close a lot, and maybe eventually someone could challenge at the top. This two horse race ever year is terrible. The rest of our attendances wont get hurt, player ability depends due to youth systems, tv revenue mainly goes to the old firm anyway seeing as they are always on tv.

Secondly, the supporters of the old firm that gloat about being gloryhunters, telling the rest of us our teams are dreadful, and generally being really annoying, the better they do in Europe the more they gloat. They are sickening. Why would I want to see them win? Why would I want to see a Celtic side win when some of their fans do things such as singing and booing throughout a minute's silence? Or a Rangers side who have fans that can't help but vandalize whatever city they visit? That's what represents Scotland, that isn't what the rest of us want.

Of course, there are nicer fans, but it's the bad element that get noticed. Having old firm fans regularly tell you your team are getting relegated and gloating when they beat you 2-0 when their wage budget is much, much higher, their failures in Europe are a chance to strike back at them. And the worse they do, the less £££ they get, which is only a good thing for the rest of us.
Pages: 19293
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.