Scottish football chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19192
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:38 Sun 21 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Rangers are in talks with American broadcasters Fox Soccer Channel which would give them exclusive rights to screen Rangers games in the USA.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110820/gers-in-talks-with-fox_2254024_2426699

Also read on rangersrumours.co.uk that they are looking at a sponsorship deal with Canadian brewery company Coors, which could be worth $75m over 5 years.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:53 Sun 21 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Coors is lovely!

QPR Interested in Edu, god knows why.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:02 Mon 22 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
excellent result for the saints today.

For a team with their limited resources financially they must be congratulated for being able to come to celtic park and go back up the A9 with a victory.

Well done st johnstone
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Mon 22 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cmurphy said:
Rangers are in talks with American broadcasters Fox Soccer Channel which would give them exclusive rights to screen Rangers games in the USA.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110820/gers-in-talks-with-fox_2254024_2426699

Also read on rangersrumours.co.uk that they are looking at a sponsorship deal with Canadian brewery company Coors, which could be worth $75m over 5 years.

no individual club is allowed to sell rights to their own games, same goes for down south , it is the league that must be sold not one club individually......its the rules
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:43 Mon 22 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:
cmurphy said:

no individual club is allowed to sell rights to their own games, same goes for down south , it is the league that must be sold not one club individually......its the rules

Hmm, I didn't know they couldn't do that. Oh well, we'll just need to wait and see what the deal involves. Maybe something to do with Rangers TV?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:04 Mon 22 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cmurphy

i am not sure how it works myself. I heard them talking about it on the radio and they mentioned the likes of man u , chelsea etc and said they like everybody were not allowed to sell individual telly rights.

Barcelona ( apparantley ) are the only club in football who do their own thing and this is causing huge problems in spain behind the scenes ( so they were saying on the radio today)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:10 Mon 22 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It may be because, for example: Sky sports have rights to most EPL matches, but if one team were to go to a different channel...a rival company, Sky and the EPL wouldn't be happy as this would deplete their profits a bit.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:06 Mon 22 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
rannnnnnnnnnngers

im bored
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:24 Mon 22 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Morton v St Mirren tomorrow!

I am buzzing for this one! Since I started supporting Saints in 2003, I've only seen one proper derby match (excluding the annual St Mirren winning Renfrewshire Cup thing). That was back in 2005 in the Challenge Cup semi, after a 0-0 draw we won on penalties, beat Hamilton in the final and won promotion too. It feels like so long since we've had a proper game against them, come on ye Saints!

This is what the cup is all about, getting one over your fierce rivals
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:04 Tue 23 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
COME ON MORTON!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:47 Tue 23 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
wcfa2011 said:
COME ON MORTON!

LIKE, wee Moorey!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:24 Wed 24 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Some game over at Greenock!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:50 Wed 24 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
what was the score ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:24 Wed 24 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
4-3 to the Saints!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:18 Wed 24 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Gregg Wylde has signed a 4 year contract at Rangers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:29 Thu 25 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
good luck to the scottish teams tonight!

predictions:

celtic 3-0
rangers 1-0
tottenham 2-1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:47 Thu 25 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Wrong so far, Sion are ahead!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:47 Thu 25 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
And so are Maribor
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:26 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Shocking from Rangers.

If they can put that kind of pressure on in the last 5 minutes, why couldn't they have done it in the first 85!

Words can't describe how furious and disappointed i am with Rangers tonight.

No Scottish teams in Europe and it's not even September, i find that utterly unacceptable.

Really saddened tonight.
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
00:29 Fri 26 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Disappointing, can't believe no Scottish teams in Europe.

Shocking.
Pages: 19192
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.