Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19495
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:19 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
murphybhoy said:
mr_mcquiston said:
He will still be charged with breach of peace, The papers don't tell you this though. Just to get on at the justice system.

Haha Breach of the Peace! i can walk down the street at night shouting and get done with that. These comments are a disgrace, the man got off with assault when it was beamed to millions and quite clearly throws a punch at Lennon. Now i dont know about you, but that is assault to me and in anyones book. The guy got let off. The whole of Scotland are in shock about this, get a grip peopl

It is a total injustice

Now the Hearts chief steward has sworn on oath that the man called Lennon a you know what, and what are they saying that hes lieing?

Edited at 23:37 Thu 01/09/11 (BST)
oh oh !!! you are now next in line for the paranoia jibe p.s. lenny brings it all on himself anyway ffs lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:22 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
There were errors made but the guy was correctly let off as the charge was not proven. He denied calling Lennon the names you are claiming and successfully argued he used alernative words (his right to do so in court).

He was a catholic and so is Lennon ... I find it hard to understand why the Prosecution even tried to go for racially aggarvated assault when this was always going to be a stumbling block. Perhaps the driving force was Alex Salmond and his haste to prove that the new laws were gonna make a difference and that Wilson( I think that's his name) was going to be the first to feel the full force of them.

WRONG... the Scottish jury threw it out .... NOW DEAL WITH IT.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:20 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
No no no. First and foremost he wasnt a catholic his dad was and second they believed a thug like him over a respectful chief steward at hearts. Now come on mate the justice system is for one purpose and that is JUSTICE.
I find it funny how all decent and fair minded people in Scotland find this quite shocking, whilst you think it is fair which astonishes me beyond belief when the pictures are there for all to see.

Your saying deal with it? what a thing to say about someone who hasnt had justice. I mean if it happened to you and u got punched and the guy got let off with breach of the peace would you just deal with it? Dont think so

Edited at 10:30 Fri 02/09/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You are also missing the point, the prosecution chose to go after racially aggravated assault and failed to secure the conviction... if they had gone for common assault they would have got the conviction as that would have been a breeze.

Still the prosecutions error.... stop blaming the justice system when it worked in this case. If they had tried him for manslaughter would that have secured a conviction? err.... no as it is the wrong charge ..... just as racially aggravated assault was the wrong charge.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:03 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I have read comments in the last few days from MPs, lords, managers (including ally mccoist), around the UK, around Europe, around the world, in papers from different countries, ordinary people and to people i know all agrreing that it was a shocking verdict.
You are missing my point and obviously you do not have alot of knowledge about the justice system. The jury could still of charged him with common assault even if the prosecution chose to go with racially aggravated assault, look it up and do some research might do you some good on how it works. Its just like a person going up for a charge of murder then instead getting charged with manslaughter. I mean can you imagine someone getting prosecuted with murder but wins the case and then doesnt even get charged with manslaughter because he was getting prosecuted with murder?
It is within the jurys rights to delete the sectarian element of the charge to a normal assault charge so can you tell me why they didnt? Also the "unproven" aspect of the charge puzzles me when you have a respected eye witness giving evidence of such a remark in which the jury chose to believe the thug?

Do me a favour and take your tinted glasses off and do some research.
Thank you

Edited at 14:08 Fri 02/09/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:10 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Think we should leave it at that and go back to talking about football

Today is the day we find out what is happening with Sion and whether Celtic go in to the Group Stages of Europa League.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:19 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It is important the public have faith in our justice system and this comes at a sensitive time for Scotland as we try to come to terms with how we deal with sectarianism.

I believe the 'not proven' verdict is both unjust and unnecessary. I know of too many occasions on which victims or their families have been left aggrieved at a 'not proven' outcome in much more serious cases than this, albeit they were not as high profile.

You are either 'guilty' or 'not guilty'.

The prosecuters are not to blame the Justice system is and any fair minded person would agree with this.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:19 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cmurphy said:

Today is the day we find out what is happening with Sion and whether Celtic go in to the Group Stages of Europa League.

No problem just had to prove a point lol

Also hope Celtic dont get reinstated do not deserve it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Your point was erm.... NOT PROVEN!

If you don't like the laws in Scotland then campaign to change the laws that have been in operation for generations or of course leave the country!

If Lennon doesn't like them and feels deflated he has the choice to do the same.

His QC tries to score more points in the press that in the courtroom. He failed - Lennon knows loads about that having failed to win the SPL when he had it on a plate!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:35 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
murphybhoy said:
cmurphy said:

4pm I believe the hearing is.

It could get messy. Bearing in mind the first games are due to start 15th September, if Sion are found guilty they could appeal and even take it through the courts, which could delay the start of that group, if not the whole tournament.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:01 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cmurphy said:
murphybhoy said:
cmurphy said:

4pm I believe the hearing is.

It could get messy. Bearing in mind the first games are due to start 15th September, if Sion are found guilty they could appeal and even take it through the courts, which could delay the start of that group, if not the whole tournament.

hope it gets sorted out today once and for all with no appeals left whatever the outcome. Would be a farce imo if the tournament was delayed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:00 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Celtic have been reinstated into Europa League. Sion have 3 days to submit an appeal

http://sport.stv.tv/home/268715-celtic-reinstated-in-europa-league-as-uefa-rule-against-sion/

You only got in through the back door,
In through the baaaack doorrrr,
You only got in through the back door!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:49 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sion won't appeal that, no chance, no reason to.

Through the back door, but still in...though they have no right to brag really. They are going to get hammered in that group.

SCOTLAND! SCOTLAND!
Tomorrow is Scotland v Czech Republic. I've got high hopes and taking Scotland for 2 - 0 Miller first goal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:40 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
may the spirit of 67 shine upon the famous glasgow celtic in europe.

with our never say die attitude , free flowing football, glorious history and best fans in the world i am in no doubt we have all the basis to bring another european home to scotland.

so lets all unite and cheer the bhoys on for the sake of our game......hail hail bhoys , the front door is open
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:21 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:
may the spirit of 67 shine upon the famous glasgow celtic in europe.

with our never say die attitude , free flowing football, glorious history and best fans in the world i am in no doubt we have all the basis to bring another european home to scotland.

so lets all unite and cheer the bhoys on for the sake of our game......hail hail bhoys , the front door is open

You've been playing too much FIFA 11 I think
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:13 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd be surprised if they finished 3rd in that group, honestly, but good luck to them.

Scotland game today, fizzing with excitement. Doing overtime so work will drag in

I must say, i do prefer supporting Scotland rather than Rangers, less bigots and no sectarianism. We unite together, and i like that.

Cyaz!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:05 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:

Through the back door, but still in...though they have no right to brag really. They are going to get hammered in that group.

SCOTLAND! SCOTLAND!
Tomorrow is Scotland v Czech Republic. I've got high hopes and taking Scotland for 2 - 0 Miller first goal.

Their Chairman still believes it is the wrong decission and is threatening to take it to the civil courts.

Good luck to Scotland today

We'll be coming,
we'll be coming,
We'll be coming down the road
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:21 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cmurphy said:
mr_mcquiston said:

SCOTLAND! SCOTLAND!

Their Chairman still believes it is the wrong decission and is threatening to take it to the civil courts.

We'll be coming,
we'll be coming,

their chairman is taking it all the way right enough

surely the rules should be clear enough for every club to understand but it would seem their are too many loopholes.

personally i am not bothered whether we go in or not , i am more interested in watching the latter stages of the champions league stages anyway
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:22 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cmurphy said:
mr_mcquiston said:

SCOTLAND! SCOTLAND!

We'll be coming,
we'll be coming,

their chairman is taking it all the way right enough

surely the rules should be clear enough for every club to understand but it would seem their are too many loopholes.

personally i am not bothered whether we go in or not , i am more interested in watching the latter stages of the champions league stages anyway
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
19:51 Sat 3 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Horrible referee. End of.
Pages: 19495
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.