Falkirk v Rangers
Motherwell v Hibernian
Ayr United v Hearts
Aberdeen v East Fife
Airdrie United v Dundee United
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:26 Mon 29 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Some tasters there, hard games for old firm very tricky and a few all SPL ties.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:59 Tue 30 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Crap draw for St Mirren. We always tend to struggle against the Saintees, we barely ever win at McDiarmid. They've been owning us for a good few years now.

Still, it's better than getting Celtic or Rangers, always want to avoid them in the cup for best chance of progressing.

Feel sorry for East Fife, they've visited Aberdeen three times in four years, and got gubbed 6-0 last season there.
flawless
flawless
05:08 Tue 30 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The way Rangers are going just now im predicting a 2 - 1 win for us gers but Falkirk will play like they got nothing to lose, anything can happen. Anyone going to the match? I do security jobs around falkirk my boss loves them so he getting me a ticket. I'll be the guy in falkirk end with gers top
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:17 Tue 30 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Rangers aren't firing but are still in pole position for the SPL title (that says it all Jay). We have built a squad with a few additions from last year that with a little time to gel, I believe, will be far too strong for the rest. I noticed that one journalist described the 2-0 win over Aberdeen as ominous for the other SPL teams due to the fact that Rangers only needed to be in first gear to secure the win. I couldn't have summarised it any better myself.

Now for the doubters about Mccoists ability .... my view is that he is attempting to get the team playing to a different style than Walter whilst using the techniques that WS taught him.... it will take a little time (which I for one am happy to give him) but I am sure that the entertainment level will rise because Ally will have them playing more aggresively and attack minded than they were under Smith.

55 here we come.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:24 Wed 31 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Rangers reject a £6.5m bid for Nikica Jelavic from Leicester. Expect an improved offer on deadline day. Possibly £7.5m + £1.5m promotion add-on.

Gonna be a long season if either Jelavic, Davis or McGregor go
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:20 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah well, that's another Transfer Window over. No new in's or out's for Rangers. Delighted to keep Jelavic though

On the down side, Rangers offered just £100,000 for South African star Tshabalala, which is an utter disgrace
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:21 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
disgrace the thug who attacked lennon got off with it

the court heard his counsel admit it yet he was still let off with it ( as well as tens of thousands witness to it )

only in scotland could this happen and if it was any other manager apart from lennon the GUILTY verdict would have been passed
flawless
flawless
16:37 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
manwee said:
disgrace the thug who attacked lennon got off with it

the court heard his counsel admit it yet he was still let off with it ( as well as tens of thousands witness to it )

only in scotland could this happen and if it was any other manager apart from lennon the GUILTY verdict would have been passed

What now you think the whole of Scotland hates Lennon?

If McCoist got attacked and the guy was let off with it you would the first one to agree with the verdict! Stop moaning guilty he is but nothing can be done now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:27 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Firstly and unequivocally let me state that the guy was an idiot and he deserved to be found guilty of assault, however, he was found not proven of a racially aggravated attack on Neil Lennon. The jury believed he shouted different words at the time of the attack to those claimed by Neil Lennon, so they found him guilty of a breach of the peace instead.

If we are going to have a go at something at least use the correct terminology to describe what you are upset about.

The sentence for the two charges vary immensely and the jury were not convinced that his attack on Neil Lennon was motivated by sectarian reasons.

Maybe the prosecution should have reviewed the evidence more thoroughly and tried for a conviction of assault instead.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:31 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh and Manwee your comment about only in Scotland is utter nonsense, miscarriages of justice happen all over the world due to technicalities and the prosecutors not doing their job correctly. Look at why Mr Loophole os so well paid!!!

The verdict had nothing to do with who the victim of the attack was but the lack of substance in the prosecution evidence.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:23 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
He will still be charged with breach of peace, The papers don't tell you this though. Just to get on at the justice system.
hippesville
hippesville
20:28 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
sorry but had to laugh when i saw thread name, surely should be Scottish Ball and Field Game!!!!!!

and i have posted here before as a dundee united man but come on its pure manure. i think european competition speaks volumes

No swearing on forums please.

Edited by forum moderator mr_mcquiston, at 21:13 Thu 01/09/11 (BST)
flawless
flawless
23:58 Thu 1 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
warcriminal was that pointed at me mate?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:19 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
No Jay, Manwee and his paranoia!
tinie
tinie
00:23 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
hippesville said:
sorry but had to laugh when i saw thread name, surely should be Scottish Ball and Field Game!!!!!!

and i have posted here before as a dundee united man but come on its pure manure. i think european competition speaks volumes

No swearing on forums please.

Edited by forum moderator mr_mcquiston, at 21:13 Thu 01/09/11 (BST)

Agree with you there it's terrible
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:56 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14755914.stm

should have took the 29 million on offer instead of cracking jokes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:26 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Breaking News: The transfer window has been extended by 24 hours due to the SFA being on jury duty

Edited at 22:32 Thu 01/09/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:24 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_mcquiston said:
He will still be charged with breach of peace, The papers don't tell you this though. Just to get on at the justice system.

Haha Breach of the Peace! i can walk down the street at night shouting and get done with that. These comments are a disgrace, the man got off with assault when it was beamed to millions and quite clearly throws a punch at Lennon. Now i dont know about you, but that is assault to me and in anyones book. The guy got let off. The whole of Scotland are in shock about this, get a grip people.

It is a total injustice

Now the Hearts chief steward has sworn on oath that the man called Lennon a you know what, and what are they saying that hes lieing?

Edited at 23:37 Thu 01/09/11 (BST)
flawless
flawless
05:06 Fri 2 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sound Criminal & 24 hours? i don't think new signings will be coming
Pages: 19394
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Scottish football chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.