Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:04 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
good work nick
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:09 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
Sorry Jan, I misunderstood. With that in mind I toned down the background colour for the inverse scheme by a few percent

Noticed a difference, thanks Nick.

Still using plain blue for now though, became accustomed to it
janmb
janmb
12:37 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
Sorry Jan, I misunderstood. With that in mind I toned down the background colour for the inverse scheme by a few percent.

Goodies - looks great now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:38 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Perfect, will be using pastel from now on, thanks
janmb
janmb
15:03 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
aflumpire said:
i think that has happened to me once...but only once. Thats why I now use 'remember ID'

Considering how easy it is for someone to nick (no pun intended) your password if you store it (either like that or by letting your browser remember it) it is up to you if you do so.

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 22:14 Mon 30/11/09 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:25 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
and what does this have to do with the current topic??

Jan, if you have any problems with any of staff's actions, you must use contact us like any other person is instructed to. You are not admin, so let them do their job. Any concerns go through contact us - not on the forum.

Edited at 21:31 Mon 30/11/09 (GMT)
janmb
janmb
15:48 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
aflumpire said:
and what does this have to do with the current topic??

Since you were the one bringing it up, I guess you should ask yourself that question.

As for contact us, I have contacted the admins about this, rest assured.

As for topic relevancy, since that particular setting was brought up at this time, it seems prudent to point out the security risks involved - something that is applicable and relevant for all - not just particular staff members.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:53 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was simply answering a question to help someone avoid a problem that someone was having.

anyway, this needs to get back on topic.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
(may have been mentioned...but cant go through 8 pages)

one thing that has dropped off in quality since the update is the smileys. They dont have the same quality or sharpness they used to have which I think is a bit of a shame.

Is there any plans on getting them resized or re-made to get them looking as good as they were?
janmb
janmb
16:23 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know Nick has already done some improvements - initially they were even worse. I guess a lot of the issue is caused by the smiley graphics including the background - and since users can now choose among several colours this means the smileys must be adapted to suit each colour theme (unless they can be represented in a graphic format that supports transparency)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:18 Mon 30 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think everything's great. It's just different to get used to, but that's what makes it exciting.

A pretty good free site, I'd say. Nick's done a great job, putting in all this time and effort.
janmb
janmb
12:05 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just noticed the site doesn't have any logo anymore - is this intentional?

(thinking of the small logo you get to the left of the URL in your browser + for bookmarks etc etc)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:11 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I still have one in my browser, don't know if that's because I've had it saved for ages or not though...
janmb
janmb
13:41 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or we could be using different browsers. I use FF3.5
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:01 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I believe mine is 3.5.5, well, that's what it says.
janmb
janmb
14:11 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
3.5.5 here too actually. I do get the same old symbol in the bookmark list, but not to the left of the URL or on the tab.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:43 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Strange..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Delete your bookmark, clear your cache, close your browser, reopen it and go back to the page and bookmark it again.

"thinking of the small logo" also called a FavIcon
dazpolz
dazpolz
16:09 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
janmb said:
Just noticed the site doesn't have any logo anymore - is this intentional?

(thinking of the small logo you get to the left of the URL in your browser + for bookmarks etc etc)

I usually get all different ones like wikipedia, argos, youtube, facebook etc on my funkypool url and bookmarks, but it doesn't matter to me alot.
janmb
janmb
16:46 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nah, it's not like it's a big deal, just trying to figure out whether it's a global glitch or a local problem on my end (in which case it's a non-issue all together)

Thanks Jerry, but I've pretty much been down that road already. I've carried out the trash, cleaned the trash can, in fact thrown the entire trash can away and bought a shiny new one, and still, once putting funkypool.com into it - it still looks like... tada! Trash

Sorry lol, just couldn't resist that analogy - even as inaccurate as it is.

In short, clearing cache, cookies, any temporary data at all, as well as redoing the bookmark all makes no difference. On the new bookmark I even fail to get any "Favlcon" there either.

Definitely a local problem on that particular configuration though - it works flawlessly on both FF3.0 and Opera 9 as well as Opera 10 on ubuntu. Seems it's only this config (FF3.5.5 on 64bit vista) that's the problem right now - and even that might be an individual issue on this particular installation and not necessary a general issue for that config either.

Edited at 22:50 Tue 01/12/09 (GMT)
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New look funkypool

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.