Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 189
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:50 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
janmb said:
I've carried out the trash, cleaned the trash can, in fact thrown the entire trash can away and bought a shiny new one, and still, once putting funkypool.com into it - it still looks like... tada! Trash

Sorry lol, just couldn't resist that analogy - even as inaccurate as it is.

Made me smile that did
spinner
spinner
Admin
19:45 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
janmb said:
Definitely a local problem on that particular configuration though - it works flawlessly on both FF3.0 and Opera 9 as well as Opera 10 on ubuntu. Seems it's only this config (FF3.5.5 on 64bit vista) that's the problem right now - and even that might be an individual issue on this particular installation and not necessary a general issue for that config either.

Is that by any chance an update or dual boot system? The location of places.sqlite (the FF bookmark data) is different in Vista.

There is also the possibility the file has become read only, a common pest in appdata subfolders in Vista64.
trip_wire
trip_wire
20:06 Tue 1 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
The new layout looks awesome, good job nick!
anonymous
anonymous
02:47 Wed 2 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Spinner, help meeeee please!!

few comments back I mentioned I couldn't save my fp user and password so when I open up browser I can just click log in, if you look page a few pages, I had a lot f help from Janmb which I really appreciate....although...to no avail.

If you have any other ideas could you please tell me

cheers
Anon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:41 Wed 2 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't like the new look that much.. i wish we c ould have the opion to change back to the old look.. I think the old home page looked more professional..

Sorry to put a downer on it...
janmb
janmb
14:16 Wed 2 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
spinner said:
janmb said:
Definitely a local problem on that particular configuration though - it works flawlessly on both FF3.0 and Opera 9 as well as Opera 10 on ubuntu. Seems it's only this config (FF3.5.5 on 64bit vista) that's the problem right now - and even that might be an individual issue on this particular installation and not necessary a general issue for that config either.

Is that by any chance an update or dual boot system? The location of places.sqlite (the FF bookmark data) is different in Vista.

There is also the possibility the file has become read only, a common pest in appdata subfolders in Vista64.

All sound like plausible causes, but the bookmarks are definitely not become read-only, I can still remove, add and edit bookmarks

No issue at all though - it's hardly anything that bothers me, so as long as we're sure it's a local problem in my case and not something that affects a lot of others, this is just something to ignore and move on imo

(sorted after another reboot or two - no idea why, but well... it's windows after all)

Edited at 21:00 Wed 02/12/09 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:55 Wed 2 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
janmb said:
(sorted after another reboot or two - no idea why, but well... it's windows after all)

Phew! I can sleep now
_kgb797_
_kgb797_
18:43 Fri 4 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you want to save space, can I suggest the removal of the homepage?

We all know our own individual game targets (for those that have them), so why can't we just log on directly to our profile page?

Just seems silly to be told how many more games I have to play to reach 2500 (or whatever) everytime I log in.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:37 Sat 5 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
no i like the homepage lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:58 Sat 5 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would like the hompage to stay right where it is
janmb
janmb
06:41 Sat 5 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
_kgb797_ said:
If you want to save space, can I suggest the removal of the homepage?

We all know our own individual game targets (for those that have them), so why can't we just log on directly to our profile page?

First of all, a single page takes no space of any kind.

Secondly, you already can go directly to your profile page, just bookmark this url instead: http://www.funkypool.com/member/_kgb797_
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:42 Sat 5 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
My bookmark for funkypool takes me straight to the forums page, skipping the home page altogether
janmb
janmb
06:43 Sat 5 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
rogan said:
My bookmark for funkypool takes me straight to the forums page, skipping the home page altogether

Ditto

http://www.funkypool.com/forums
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:06 Sun 6 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
are there two different versions of the funkypool pages, it seems that sometimes the winner of tourneys is highlighted and sometimes they are not, i also feel as if the homepage and profiles are different at times.
anonymous
anonymous
04:04 Mon 7 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
the Highlighted players are the people who are online in the game at the time you click on the certain page you're looking at, if they are not highlighted, they're not online
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
07:55 Mon 7 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Do you mean the winner of a tourney on that tournament's page, i.e. the results? I have noticed that as well... I think it depends on the colour scheme
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:32 Mon 7 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
anonymous said:
the Highlighted players are the people who are online in the game at the time you click on the certain page you're looking at, if they are not highlighted, they're not online

i mentioned this already got overlooked
gandalf
gandalf
10:41 Mon 7 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont have fp bookmarked at all - i just go to most visited as i am on here every bloomin day - get a life MERV
justsumgirl
justsumgirl
12:43 Mon 7 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
:O Snooks smilies are way better than pools..plus they can post more than 5 at a time
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
12:54 Mon 7 Dec 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
They can?
Pages: 189
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New look funkypool

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.