League Discussion thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:39 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I said it can be made in an emergency, I'm not going to make it if I don't need to lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:46 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Well then back to stage one....

Why are we waitin for someone, who I personally doubt will be back.. if it will hinder the advancements that the league could make!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:14 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
because I have uni commitments and no-one else can be bothered to make it, simples
janmb
janmb
14:17 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_aphr0dite_ said:
And well be able to change things that are not working, and therefore not be given paper thin reasons why improvements cant be made!

Not having access to change the current site what so ever is hardly a paper thin reason lol

Please stop arguing already

If Dave doesn't get back in business during season 10 we'll get a site sorted for season 11, but a move will be a step back in so many ways, so reluctant to do so unless we get to the point where we have no choice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:20 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
janmb said:
_aphr0dite_ said:
And well be able to change things that are not working, and therefore not be given paper thin reasons why improvements cant be made!

Not having access to change the current site what so ever is hardly a paper thin reason lol

Please stop arguing already

If Dave doesn't get back in business during season 10 we'll get a site sorted for season 11, but a move will be a step back in so many ways, so reluctant to do so unless we get to the point where we have no choice

when I have some free time, I'll create a layout of the site, could be a few weeks before I get something anywhere near worth uploading for you to look at though. I'll see what I can do and see what my mate suggests in terms of fancy add-on's too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:21 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't worry I've spoken to a diff member of staff know who was able to ignore person issue to make them aware of the entire situation!

Good luck with it all 8-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:23 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Make do with what we have untill we need to change

we all see the circumstances in the issue, but we all cant choose the right decision right off..give it time to see if everything unfolds first
janmb
janmb
14:29 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
We need to get a new web site before the old one goes down Robski It's much easier making the move up-front instead of waiting for it to become a problem.

Problem is that any new site means less functionality. Manual result updates being the main issue. But oh well, we'll just have to get something basic setup at first and build on that I guess (much like Dave did with the current site too)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:32 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
yea but aswell as your waiting on a new 1
your also lingering waiting to see if dave comes back (from what i see anyways)

thats all i ment by my other comment

Seeing as i dont play pool much now..i may aswell hand my points of view over incase there handy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:36 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Ty Jan
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:00 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Is there a trial dreamweaver?

On adobe site can only find pre-ordering it or buying it

Never did an online dreamweaver site, just one in E-Portfolio (probably because i used it in GCSE not higher)

I would like to see the capabilities of it for myself...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:41 Tue 27 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
There is:

lots to find in the internet... depends on u if u care about legal questions..

Mike
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
08:20 Sat 1 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Shouldn't the rule about captains also apply to the vice captain(s)
If the captain is absent then the vice would be acting as captain
joker86
joker86
08:21 Sat 1 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
Shouldn't the rule about captains also apply to the vice captain(s)
If the captain is absent then the vice would be acting as captain

Should be amended.

Im sure Jan can sort that one out
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:46 Mon 3 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
wats wrong with dave cordery league website results are all wrong
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:17 Sun 16 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Seems to me this is the place to post

Thed warriors have been banned from this league because apparantly there was some sort of disagreement between the league runner and a member from the warriors clan

I really cant believe how childish this is - takes me back to my playground days when if the person who owned the ball took it home because they didnt agree with something

League Host - Grow Up

I apologise for this comment if you are only 6 years old as I dont know you personally - if you are any older than this - shame on you
janmb
janmb
15:59 Sun 16 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_vol_ said:
Thed warriors have been banned from this league because apparantly there was some sort of disagreement between the league runner and a member from the warriors clan

Warriors have been removed from the league due to several factors contributing, mainly the following two:

1. Constant nagging from the current captain, having a go and starting petty arguments at every single chance he got.

2. Disrespecting the rules and rulings made by the league hosts pertaining kirk.

That's all there is to be said about that. The only childish thing here is the behaviour forcing us to exclude people from the league. It's not done lightly and not for minor reasons at all.

And contrary to what some may want to have you believe, the league hosts are not power-hungry nazis taking a pleasure in bossing people around. In fact, the decisions to rule out those who simply wont fit in is made from the need to protect the desires and fun of the majority of league players.

For some reason, 98% of the league players seem to manage to follow a few simple rules just fine and are perfectly content with how the league is run. In fact, I don't think we have had a single case of excluding or otherwise punishing anyone without receiving several complaints from non-staff league players first - also the case this time.

And that's the final word from me on that - the decision is final so not gonna entertain any debates on this.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:05 Sun 16 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I didnt start the arguments, i replied to people just as they replied to me.

zantetsukenz said:
jimmy_1878 said:
Nutters vs. FPB

Bazzacu 6-9 Jimmy

9 Ball 3-2 Bazzacu
8 UK 3-2 Jimmy
8 US 4-1 Jimmy

(RESULT: 8 Ball Pool Friendly - bazzacu (1) loses to jimmy_1878 (3) on the black
bazzacu: take the other one)

GG's extremely unlucky m8

8.2 Forfeiting games
Games may NOT be forfeited by neither the clans, captains nor players involved. Any game that is less than 100% completed is determined according to the default guidelines.

and if that is considered causing arguments then there would be more people 'arguing'

2 quotes

Oh and i assure you kirk wasn't running the clan or whatever you think
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Sun 16 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
hmmmmm

nice answer jan, but dont try a kid a kidder

the warriors clan made every effort to play their matches therefore banning the entire clan is completely wrong.

if certain individuals have "broken rules" then ban them and let those who have taken the time to log on a complete matches for a clan continue

all you have done it stick 2 fingers up at those who have taken time out of their schedule to play matches in your league for the warriors

if all warrior members are free to join other clans - why couldnt they continue as warriors???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Sun 16 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Enough zante please
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.