League Discussion thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
07:36 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
There was examples of it anyway where a player refused to play me three times and another person once and you went on to kick him out of the league

That was posted in the individuals (not results) thread i think so anyone in the individuals would probably check that thread time to time so would have seen it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:43 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
There was examples of it anyway where a player refused to play me three times and another person once and you went on to kick him out of the league

That was posted in the individuals (not results) thread i think so anyone in the individuals would probably check that thread time to time so would have seen it

yeah I remember it, you were the only person who messaged me with a query, that I can remember anyway.

I just think it's a little unfair that other people are moaning about games not being played, I can't sort it out if I didn't get any messages to say people had tried to get their games played in the first place.

In zantets instance, he tried 3 times to get hold of the certain player, he messaged me saying there was a problem. I then got in contact with the player and due to their unwillingness to co-operate, I booted them from the league, the same would have been done if I had messages from everyone else with similar problems.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:52 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Knowing that Dave may not be back for a quite a while... we are now limiting our self to no adaptions and steps forward just because "we cant get the programming," bit of a joke really =/
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:17 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
if you want to make the site feel free.

As I have made sites before though I know how hard it is and how you have to adapt the coding, it's not as easy as you think!

firstly we need all of the html pages that dave has made, which will be on his computer (which of course we have no access to) it's not all done using a "create a website" like freewebs, it's much more difficult than that, I'm pretty sure dave would have used dreamweaver to create the site and then created a link between dreamweaver to URL using FTP formatting, I personally have never done anything using databases,PHP or FTP, and I know how hard it is just creating a site through dreamweaver html pages.

If you'd like to re-make the site then I'm more than happy for you to do so

Here's a link to my latest website that I designed for uni, it's basic to what the clan site is like but it's an example of one of my creations, this took me around 10 hours to make and the only person that can edit it is me because of the fact that all the pages are on my pc, no-where else, I could send the folder to anyone so they could then edit it, but without me physically doing so, no-one else can edit it. Here's the link:

http://citytillidie.limewebs.com/

Edited at 13:23 Sun 25/04/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:19 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Not actually as hard to make as your trying to make out tbh
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
09:24 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Just like to point out: i hate dreamweaver, very annoying to use
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:26 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
lol not fussed on dreamweaver used it in my 1st year in uni =(
janmb
janmb
09:49 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_robdut_ said:
Jan can you add the 3 game rejection rule in so it makes it clearer for this season, cheers

Sure thing, but PM me a draft will you - just to make sure I correctly understand the intentions here.
janmb
janmb
09:54 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_aphr0dite_ said:
Knowing that Dave may not be back for a quite a while... we are now limiting our self to no adaptions and steps forward just because "we cant get the programming," bit of a joke really =/

Right now that is a problem yes.

What's worse is that we are pretty much at the mercy of the site staying online. Should it go down, we'll have no means of getting it back. I'll be running a backup system for the next season to make sure we don't lose the data midway through the season, but in a longer perspective we definitely ought to consider moving to another site with an active, available admin.

Problem is finding someone with skill and time to make another site - remember we have a lot of very powerful relations between that web site and the league forum, so it would take some work to get us back to the current level on another site.

If it should go down mid-season we (I?) do have a plan though: Take the latest backed up tables and results and get them up on a simple site temporarily. That would mean we'd be back to using manual result posting and updates here on FP forums though - not the end of the world, but a significant step backward.

Edited at 14:58 Sun 25/04/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:08 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_aphr0dite_ said:

enjoy making a new website for us then, cheers for volunteering
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:14 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Problem is finding someone with skill and time to make another site - remember we have a lot of very powerful relations between that web site and the league forum, so it would take some work to get us back to the current level on another site.

If it should go down mid-season we (I?) do have a plan though: Take the latest backed up tables and results and get them up on a simple site temporarily. That would mean we'd be back to using manual result posting and updates here on FP forums though - not the end of the world, but a significant step backward.

I can make a basic website if need be, with tables and etc, but I will be the only one who will be able to edit the site as I don't know how to create admin accounts for other users to edit. I do all my updating in Dreamweaver and then just upload the new html online and overwrite the old one. I can do it as a last resort, maybe I can even speak to my more experienced friend and see if he can help to make it somewhat like the clan site we have now. The only problem I may and probably will have is usages, most site have a maximum hits limit for when hosting for free. (i.e. 15 users can access the website every hour). once thats exceeded the site gets taken down for a while and will then be put up one the usage is back. I'm personally not willing to pay a monthly amount to host the site so that's one problem that may have to be overcome.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I've also used dreamweaver for both my years in uni, got good grades too, however the citytillidie website hasn't been graded, should get a good grade though because I used some new aspects such as the spry menu and creating a template to buiilt the info around. Despite people saying it's easy, it's not, I'd love to see some of the websites they've made!
doubted2
doubted2
12:29 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
hey guys and ladies

i put that forward as a suggestion, jan i dont no the rules myself 100% but im getting there, i suggested the kick out clause cos i thought it would keep things simple lol not as simple as i thought.. i will bow to your greater judgement

i just think its not a bad idea,,,, i didnt complete my uk singles nd trust me it wasnt through the lack of trying.

thats why i think leagues to keep the interest up, i no when i was messaging people to play if they wernt near the top they didnt wana no.. except in the early stages

it was just a suggestion

craig
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:33 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
hey guys and ladies

i put that forward as a suggestion, jan i dont no the rules myself 100% but im getting there, i suggested the kick out clause cos i thought it would keep things simple lol not as simple as i thought.. i will bow to your greater judgement

i just think its not a bad idea,,,, i didnt complete my uk singles nd trust me it wasnt through the lack of trying.

thats why i think leagues to keep the interest up, i no when i was messaging people to play if they wernt near the top they didnt wana no.. except in the early stages

it was just a suggestion

craig

I know mate, I wasn't taking your suggestion as being harsh, it was a valid and good suggestion. As I've said though if you felt it was unfair because your opponents wern't playing, it does say to contact me with any complaint...of which the only query I got was from zantetsukenz, I can't do anything if I don't know theres a problem in the first place.

but yeah, I'm not having a go at you, was more on about the pointless and needless comments from the same old names
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:10 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_robdut_ said:
I've also used dreamweaver for both my years in uni, got good grades too, however the citytillidie website hasn't been graded, should get a good grade though because I used some new aspects such as the spry menu and creating a template to buiilt the info around. Despite people saying it's easy, it's not, I'd love to see some of the websites they've made!

If you would like to get in touch with my lecturer who was asking me to do a masters in website design instead of my teaching masters, I'm sure they would be happy to forward you the work I submitted throughout the 3 years.

I would also like to respectfull not post abuse and other like comments to me in chatroom there is a reason you are on ignore.. that is one of them!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:11 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_robdut_ said:
_aphr0dite_ said:

enjoy making a new website for us then, cheers for volunteering

I think you will find I offered to help with the website in the first place so have been told you had dave... you made your bed.. now lie in it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:22 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I wasn't the one that rejected your help though, can't say im suprised though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:28 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
To be honest as a staff member I thought you would have more self discipline than to start an arguement at every turn.

And am assuming we are aware of when Dave will be back then as your relying on him to come back to sort your website?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:32 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
you were the one that started the argument with the needless comment you made at the beginning, I don't know if dave will come back, which is why I've said to jan I will make a website incase he doesn't, it just won't be as "flashy" as his
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:38 Sun 25 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Good! Then as the explanation of, we can not change anything just because of the website cant be changed, wont be used as a "reason" why we cant make any step forwards!

And well be able to change things that are not working, and therefore not be given paper thin reasons why improvements cant be made!
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.