League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18990
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
In the infamous words of harry hill there is only one way to settle this Figggghhhhttttt joke btw :D
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:35 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
red4ever said:
dgeneratio said:
whocares8x8 said:
red4ever said:
relegation more like what relegation the number of teams that fold at end of season seems like there is no need for it anymore
Correct. It only exists theoretically, in case teams don't fold. In practice, nobody gets relegated lol...

true all depends on how many teams fold, usually a good number between seasons.

relegation is always there but if more clans join than fold (or roughly the same) you won't see much difference.

playoffs are only needed if...

A) a clan is tied on the table and a game needed to find relegation/win league
B) more clans made than fold so playoff could be needed to see who goes in Div 1 straight away (e.g. for example 5 for div 1 and 7 for div 2, a playoff would be needed to see who goes in div 1 and make it 6 v 6)

I dont get why if teams are meant to be relegated if other clans fold they manage to stay up....Could they not have a playoff match with the div2 team who don't manage to go up, so at the end the better team ends up in div1 ?

i mean say 5 clans stayed in Div 1 (including the one relegated), and 7 new clans got created would be in Div 2, would you need a playoff or would you let Div 1 finish way earlier?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeh i agree a playoff to get 6 clans in each league...although that could take a while could it not ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:40 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Clans from the first division folding means more 2nd division clans go up normally.
Now you want teams that finish 4th and 5th in the second division to get a play off into the first?
...ridiculous
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
is it really when div 2 this year was quite competitive....2 standout teams then pretty close between others...so who is to say they could not compete in div 1

so lets just let clans stay in league by default then
punkpoet
punkpoet
17:45 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe i missed it but any league table update? lol wouldn't mind seeing where we came :)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:51 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
red4ever said:
yeh i agree a playoff to get 6 clans in each league...although that could take a while could it not ?

not really you use pre friendlies as a guideline and whoever you think has done the best job completing games gets it
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:52 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
punkpoet said:
Maybe i missed it but any league table update? lol wouldn't mind seeing where we came :)

check clan news, also on shooters/angry thread
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:52 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
how would they have won when we beat them hmmmmm

join the rest of the shooter knockers lee,
i will answer this for you,, youve won one FCL league clan games in 3 seasons and shouldve been relagated in all 3 seasons fact
and you will be in division one nxt season speaks volumes and that is fact not up for discussion any way im off now

How the hell do you work that out lol we got promoted in our first season yet you think we didnt win any games and should have been relegated? Think your brain cell has finally died of loneliness.

How would they have won when you beat them? By having more points than you until UB did you a favour and got their scores wiped to specifically stop TD winning the title, gifting it to you...sure you knew all this anyway.

Fact is if you had been promoted into last season's first division with cobras, top dogs(with their MVP players), untouchables and unbeatables you would have struggled too...FACT

Let's not forget that rather than get relegated you folded shooters from bottom of division one against those teams the season we were getting promoted so less of the up yourself ego craigy boy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:55 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
red4ever said:

not really you use pre friendlies as a guideline and whoever you think has done the best job completing games gets it

as long as the new teams compete against eachother in these friendlies then yes....as this will give a clearer idea of who the better clan is, otherwise results could be misleading
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:57 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
red4ever said:

Come off it!
Pre-season friendlies are for reliability, teams have to earn promotion over a season.
This season you are looking at the top 4 finishers from division 2 going up and ending up with 7 in each league probably.
What's unfair about that system?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:58 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
Clans from the first division folding means more 2nd division clans go up normally.
Now you want teams that finish 4th and 5th in the second division to get a play off into the first?
...ridiculous

you misunderstand me lee mate, ill use this season as an example, we had 6 new clans? (well ancient clans but you see what i mean), and was lucky enough for Div 1 to have 6 as well (including the team who should have been relegated (not sure who it was as i don't have records for that)), if 2 of Div 1 clans folded say TD and UB before the friendlies then that would leave 4 for Div 1 and 6 new clans for Div 2.

see where im coming from?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't get it at all james.
Quite simple to me
1-New clans shouldnt ever go straight into the first division it has to be earnt.
2-Leagues should be even if possible in numbers

This season only 2 teams left out of the first division teams, us and shooters that means the top 3 or 4 from the 2nd division will be going up, however many is needed for even numbers because they're the ones that earnt it.
All the first division teams folding this time around did so because of arguments about league running or arguments with other clans...need to look into that to stop it happening again or try to at least but the rules in place for promotion and relegation are fair.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:15 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
1 big premier league

Could be worth a thought.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:19 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
true but ill try and explain what i mean, season before this every single clan that was in the league got promoted (due to folding of several clans) and 6 new clans was made.

i meant if the same happened again due 2 more folding than that season would mean 4 in Div 1 and 6 in Div 2 because the 6 is bigger than 4 and because all the previous season clans got promoted theres no way of making it even without the playoffs, thats my point

Yes rules do state new clans must start in division 2 but the rules also stated (maybe on jans site) that runners could do playoffs if needed and i feel this is one of those unless you plan on making Div 1 finishing very early or starting very late.

not saying playoffs are vital as it would be extremely rare but you can't rule out the possibility
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:21 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
sarny_lad said:
1 big premier league

Could be worth a thought.

we have that on snooker but it gets boring as the same 2 clans win all the time (D&C and FSE), i also feel number is too big that if this was to be implemented you would have to play each clan once not twice.

i have considered the possibility of 2 divisions on snooker but no point with only 6 clans (usually clans who don't fold and stay playing), i would need at least 8 clans for that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:26 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
One other option to consider, but would need some working out of the details so probably not for next season, is to have a 'sort of' Scottish Premier League system.

One league and everyone plays each other once. After that stage (say 11 games in a 12 team league) the league splits in two and the top six play one more time against each other and likewise the bottom six. 16 games in total (8 fixture sets) which is an increase on now but might be worth considering.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:31 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i suggested this over in snooker not so long ago chris
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:34 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
We're trying to stop teams folding all the time and making new teams start in the 2nd division is the only thing to make teams think twice.
Think if we can iron out the main reasons for first division clans folding then the leagues should settle down. Big clans like MVP wont be reforming constantly then folding again.
We need to make clans a happier, more stress free but still competitive world.
Hopefully we might get there with the defaults panel changes giving less cause for arguments there and if people start giving teams what they deserve from defaults then priorities will be made to getting them played....again less cause for arguments between clans.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:35 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's an additional six weeks to keep disfunctional and/or losing clans together which is a big downside.

Against that though the losing clans should have 5 fairly competitive games to finish up on with the realistic chance of winning.
Pages: 18990
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.