League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19192
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:07 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You are right Lee, Cup winners to also have straight acceptance in to the league i did leave that out though due to MVP winning division two and cup.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:08 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
on snooker we make all clans play as despite being winners activity/reliability/getting games done is a BIG part of getting through the friendlies even though we know who can get the games done (e.g. MVP, Shooters) they would still have to play to prove themselves.

for example

clan A win the league
clan A gets a free pass into next one
clan A was asked by runners to play in friendlies
clan A scores less than 9 games and it was their fault the games didn't finish.

does clan A truly deserve there spot in the league?

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:40 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Everyone should play in them I reckon because players change every season and players reliability changes every season too.
Otherwise you are as well saying the teams with no negative defaults don't have to do them, makes more sense.
horse10000
horse10000
21:48 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
dgeneratio said:
on snooker we make all clans play as despite being winners activity/reliability/getting games done is a BIG part of getting through the friendlies even though we know who can get the games done (e.g. MVP, Shooters) they would still have to play to prove themselves.

for example

clan A win the league
clan A gets a free pass into next one
clan A was asked by runners to play in friendlies
clan A scores less than 9 games and it was their fault the games didn't finish.

does clan A truly deserve there spot in the league?

So we now want a league where league champions can get kicked out as they didn't meet a criteria to enter the following season? Surely we want the previous winners in to give clans someone to try and beat and also makes winning a league better if you beat the previous winners on the way.

Go back to the old days where it was only new clans that had to prove reliability. Why should teams that have completed a whole season need to prove they are reliable again?

Only exceptions might be teams that had a lot of defaults during the season. Which would be something league staff could decide.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:51 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with you horse only new clans and teams with Poor reliability should have to prove themselves in the clan league.
doubted2
doubted2
22:03 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i love this discussion lee

ab_rfc
ab_rfc
22:04 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with Keith, then us guys can enjoy the break after a long season or organise a friendly for whilst the new clans are doing theirs.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:07 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
But I think all clans that have had a full season and have visibly tried to get all games played every single match shouldn't be punished with having to qualify in a sense I think we should cut it out and just concentrate in friendlies to work out our strongest teams in each formats.
horse10000
horse10000
22:35 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
I think you should start off with 16 as the cut off point and then have the defaults panel look at the defaults.

I agree with this.

Reason being we set the bar at 14 as discussed.

Team A plays Team B (2 x Defaults both team B's fault as they had inactive players, players had made no effort / captain made no subs etc)

Team A plays Team C (2 x Defaults both team C's fault as they had inactive players, players had made no effort / captain made no subs etc)

In both cases team A had tried and chased and done everything they could to get games done.

Team A = 12 Games Completed
Team B = 14 Games Completed
Team C = 14 Games Completed

If we set bar at 14 Team A would not get in and have done everything correct to get games played etc. and yet Teams B & C that have problems with reliability, effort and captains input would both be accepted.

That's why bar should be set at 16 and then league staff look into all defaults and decide if clans/players have been making enough effort to be allowed into league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:50 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That was what i was getting at earlier but keith has explained it better
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:01 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not a great example since both Teams B & C managed to get all eight games played against each of their other opponents. Maybe the problem did lay with Team A after all but they can simply spin a good yarn for the default panel.
horse10000
horse10000
23:20 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
Not a great example since both Teams B & C managed to get all eight games played against each of their other opponents. Maybe the problem did lay with Team A after all but they can simply spin a good yarn for the default panel.

lol a few clans good at that
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
23:44 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
Cutoff point:
If a clan has more than 2 lost defaults (implying it's their fault), they don't make it.
doubted2
doubted2
00:41 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
my point earlier was simple a team that has won one clan game in in 2 or 3 seasons stays in the division 1 one because of folding clans that cant be right

relagation is relagation

for example promote 3 teams from div 2

let the 4th placed div 2 team play the relagated team
and earn the right to stay in tht division

if a 4th placed div 2 team say for example dosnt finish in the top 2 it could be a reliable clan team and never get promoted

they could play the qualifer as part of the pre-season qualification so it easy to
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:53 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
We didn't even finish bottom craig and 4 out of 6 first division teams have folded..really idiotic trying to get us to play a play off in that situation.
We lost to the however many times champions last season by one point think we lost to mouses by 2 this season so stop prattling on with your pathetic little campaign against us cos you're scared of our new signings
We earned our promotion in a much tougher 2nd division than you had with crazy eights and vikings and started with a hell of a lot tougher first division and weren't outclassed.
4 teams will almost certainly be going up under the current rules so seriously what are you prattling on about?
doubted2
doubted2
01:14 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
not trying at all did u finish bottom very tetchy

ha ha ha scared of ur new signings ,,,,, virtual pool scared dont flatter yourself... MVP are good lee,, id like to think we could give them a game..

when you win some games knock on the door ,,, you got a little excited beginning of the season when you won one game of FBL mmm what happened in the rest
,,,scared tut tut

maybe for nxt season
its is a proposal i sent to jay well before i posted here
doubted2
doubted2
01:22 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
and lee you cant tell me a team not winning a game all season should be in div 1

come on
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:35 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
by your logic then craig more clans would be in div 2 than div 1 which is not what we want.

div 1 should be the most competitive, the only way last place for div 1 is relegated is that a number of clans fold.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:39 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
if 3/4 teams folded yes his team should stay there

but if all teams would stay in the divi one then there would go down like any normal team

Edited at 23:43 Mon 30/01/12 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:43 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
big_mouse said:
if 3/4 teams folded yes his team should stay there

which is the case as Wolf Pack, UB, Top Dogs and Mouse's all folded.

Snooker Squad and MVP would be guaranteed promotion which makes it 4 clans then runners would need to look into how many new clans have entered (probably best after the friendlies).

Pages: 19192
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.