League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19091
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:36 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
One other option to consider, but would need some working out of the details so probably not for next season, is to have a 'sort of' Scottish Premier League system.

One league and everyone plays each other once. After that stage (say 11 games in a 12 team league) the league splits in two and the top six play one more time against each other and likewise the bottom six. 16 games in total (8 fixture sets) which is an increase on now but might be worth considering.

i believe this could work on snooker as clans don't tend to fold as much (in the league) but on pool i can see problems due to a longer time frame = more clans possibly folding.

its a nice idea in principle but i'm not sure if it will work, maybe people will think differently to me but thats just my view
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:41 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe more fixtures released over a longer period?

ie release four fixtures at once to be played in three weeks? Drops a season down to 12 weeks as opposed to the 11 it was this season.

Just throwing ideas out there.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
18:42 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
One other option to consider, but would need some working out of the details so probably not for next season, is to have a 'sort of' Scottish Premier League system.

One league and everyone plays each other once. After that stage (say 11 games in a 12 team league) the league splits in two and the top six play one more time against each other and likewise the bottom six. 16 games in total (8 fixture sets) which is an increase on now but might be worth considering.

The problem with this is the bottom 6 are not playing for anything so whats the point, and the top 6 could end up playing for nothing if one clan is already so far ahead, in the Scottish Premier League they are still playing to get into European comps or fighting relegation, so we could just end up with a load of pointless games.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:45 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know what you're saying but thats not really much different to now when you look at it. The bottom teams in Division 1 arent going to get relegated - not sure they ever have been and likewise the bottom teams in division 2 arent going to get promoted (unless by default) or relegated.

At least it potentially pitches those two sets of teams against each other in competitive games.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:07 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
to stop captains folding clans...could the captain who folds a clan not be able to create a new clan or be v/c for a season or 2 will then make them think otherwise about folding
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:08 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Why should the bottom teams in the first division who have earnt their spot there previously have to play against a team who finished in the bottom 2 in the 2nd division chris?
If a team drops out of the premier league then the bottom 2 get relegated not the bottom 3...if 3 teams folded nobody would get relegated and the 3 teams would come up.
It's the common sense way to do it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:13 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That post is irrelevant to the idea that was put forward. One division would be change of format so nothing to do with who finished where before.

And if Team Angry earnt their place in Division 1 because other teams folded then what was the point you were trying to make to doubted2 earlier about them winning Division 1?

Edited at 17:28 Mon 30/01/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:30 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
We earnt our place by finishing 3rd to 2 excellent teams same as the 3rd place team this season will do, you seemed to understand the point earlier when I made it just fine but it was don't brag about winning the league because teams folded and complain about people staying up because teams folded at the same time.
Don't think anybody wants 1 division chris it was talked about before.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:26 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
red4ever said:
to stop captains folding clans...could the captain who folds a clan not be able to create a new clan or be v/c for a season or 2 will then make them think otherwise about folding

i like this one should not be able to captain another clan or be a vice captain for a season
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:32 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
big_mouse said:
red4ever said:

i like this one should not be able to captain another clan or be a vice captain for a season
easy way round it.

for example:

MVP fold this season
MVP are revived
they all join different clans and wait the 2 seasons to be in league while still being in other clans.

i don't think clans who fold should be punished as you want more clans in the league not less
im_crap_adam
im_crap_adam
20:35 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
big_mouse said:
red4ever said:

Unless technically its not the captains fault they just have a few less players due to people getting banned and can't find replacements etc etc..

(only input i'll prob put in haha)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:38 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
im_crap_adam said:
big_mouse said:
red4ever said:

Unless technically its not the captains fault they just have a few less players due to people getting banned and can't find replacements etc etc..

(only input i'll prob put in haha)

who are you again?, ive never seen you here before
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:44 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:

1. New clans shouldnt ever go straight into the first division it has to be earnt.

2. Leagues should be even if possible in numbers

Lee you are spot on here.

A new clan will never be put straight into division one and if that ever happened then someone would need a good slap to be honest haha

As it is looking just now the league will have even numbers (hopefully) teams will be moved up into division two depending on how many new clans actually pass the pre season games, remember every clan takes part in these pre season games except for division one & two winners.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:47 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
remember every clan takes part in these pre season games except for division one & two winners.

So your saying that these two teams are the only reliable teams in the league ...?? the rest are not ???
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:49 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No where in that did i even say that? Winners get automatic acceptance into the league, has been like this for as long as i can remember.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:57 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its what -except for division one & two winners.... that has a meaning in itself,

anyway i didn't know teams were given automatic acceptance,id like to see every clan perform in friendlies.

It keeps the clans busy and running smooth.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:00 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes it would keep them busy but that has now been done for many seasons and i don't see why it should be changed, im sure if the winners were needed for the pre season games though that they would take part in them. (If there is un even teams playing in pre season, then winners would be asked to take part but they do have the right to refuse.)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:03 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well i do hope they join in and play the friendlies as its more games and more interesting too see how there doing with their new additions playing for them,ie are they looking stronger or weaker
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:05 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Was league winners and cup winners before I think.
Quite like the idea that if you fold a clan you shouldn't be able to start a new one straight away.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:06 Mon 30 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
on snooker we make all clans play as despite being winners activity/reliability/getting games done is a BIG part of getting through the friendlies even know we know who can get the games done (e.g. MVP, Shooters) they would still have to play to prove themselves.

for example

clan A win the league
clan A gets a free pass into next one
clan A was asked by runners to play in friendlies
clan A scores less than 9 games and it was their fault the games didn't finish.

does clan A truly deserve there spot in the league?

Pages: 19091
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.