Super League IX - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1910
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:53 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Please can you post if intending to take part in Super League II. Likely start date is first week in June.

Entry open to any and all clans.

Snooker Squad
Team Angry
Fighting Eagles
Latin Legends
Shooters Revenge
The Underdogs
Untouchables
The Vipers
Mouseketeers

For info, the current plan is...

... if we kick off with 8 clans (or 9) then the top 6 will qualify for the play-offs with Game Call falling to the League Leaders Shield winners in Week 2.

If we kick off with 10 clans (or more) then it will be the top 8 qualifying for the play-offs the same as in Super League I.

Anyone an expert in banner pictures for websites???? If so please can you message me.

Cheers

Looks like 10/6/12 will be kick-off day then. In which case any further entries need to be put in by about 5/6/12. Fixtures announced and teams of 5 required by 9/6/12 - ready to go live on Sunday 10th.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:11 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I take it if ifs top 6 qualifying then top 2 will be through to the semi's? :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:15 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep - with Game Call to the team finishing top

Round 1

Game 1 3rd v 6th
Game 2 4th v 5th

Round 2

1st (with Game Call) v winners of Game 1 or Game 2
2nd v the winners of Game 1 or Game 2 not chosen by Game Call (1st)
skunkyfool
skunkyfool
14:53 Wed 30 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Uprising in please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:24 Thu 31 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The Loop in please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:20 Thu 31 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I never knew <Super League> wanted to run around the same time until the other day though, i think that will be a bit of a mess if Chris can't sort it somehow.

No mess - this is the smoothest run of all the Leagues

Back up to 11 clans now - the same as last season - therefore this will allow us to follow the same format as last season. 2 games every 10 days with two weeks to complete them in Phase 1.

As the increase in teams from 9 to 11 has lengthened the Regular Season slightly my preference would be to bring the start date forward to this Sunday (3rd June 2012). If that really causes any clans any problems please can they post here or let me know. If it does then I will most likely revert back to 10th June but then try and play catch up somewhere along the line.

Window for entries will close at Midnight tomorrow night.

At that stage clan fixtures will be released and then I will need teams of five from each clan for each game by Sunday evening.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:22 Thu 31 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I never meant anything by that by the way , I wouldn't say you have the smoothest either but in a way i would as the other leagues are much bigger and older, so technically you are right, but the FCL is well organized this season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:29 Thu 31 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just like The X-Files Jay - 'The truth is out there.'
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:38 Thu 31 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Looking forward to it :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:10 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
chris why bring it forward, it would be good to get both
FCL & FBL qualifying completed

so all competitive leagues start together, pre -qualification is very important,

dunno why youve brought it forward in the first place, FBL have shortened their pre_qual to fit in.. so it all starts together
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
let me know please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:09 Fri 1 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It was brought forward precisely for the reason of keeping the league schedules together.

With 9 clans the Regular Season would have been one game released per week totalling 10 weeks plus 3 weeks for the Play-Offs = 13 weeks

With 11 clans the Regular Season jumps to 2 games released per 10 days for 9 weeks plus 5 weeks for the Play-Offs = 14 weeks

From the kick-off both FCL and FBL League seasons should last no longer than 10 weeks plus their respective Cup Finals = 12-13 weeks

Bringing the Super League season forward a week to this Sunday therefore means the seasons should all finish at around the same time - which is more important than starting at the same time.

Also there is no requirement to hold back the start for any Super League pre-qualification games.

Edited at 20:24 Fri 01/06/12 (BST)
punkpoet
punkpoet
01:55 Sat 2 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok so for those who skim read :)
Is the league starting this sunday? or next? As I haven't seen any requests for team lists
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:04 Sat 2 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Teams are free to send through lists of 5 for each of their first two games.

Opponents can be found here...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/regular-season-phase-1.html

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:12 Sat 2 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Teams are free to send through lists of 5 for each of their first two games.

Opponents can be found here...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/regular-season-phase-1.html

Thanks

Team lists required by tomorrow evening from...

Uprising
The Vipers
Fighting Eagles
The Loop

If none received then teams will be drawn at random.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:11 Sun 3 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League II is officially launched!!!

Games can be found here...

http://funkypoolsuperleague.weebly.com/released-fixtures.html

A reminder of the format.

2 games of US8
2 games of US9
2 games of UK8

6 games in total - 1 point for each game won and 1 point for each 'event' achieved ('events' are Golden Breaks and Run Outs)

Deadline for completion of these fixtures is Midnight UK 17/6/12

Fixture Set 2 will be released in 10 days time (Wednesday 13/6/12)

Good Luck

Edited by forum moderator chris, at 18:57 Tue 12/06/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:17 Wed 6 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
First of the regular Super League updates.!!

Day 3 of the season and already over 25% of the first set of games completed so thank you for that.

Early pacesetters are newcomers The Untouchables with four wins from four games played.

Defending champions Snooker Squad also kicked off with a 6-0 win from game 1.

Elsewhere a solid start for another of the fancied sides Latin Legends and mixed fortunes for some of the new Super League 'franchises'(!!)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:49 Sat 9 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well over half of the games played now with 8 days still left in the period.

Congratulations to Latin Legends who become the league leaders following the first win of the new season.

A reminder that the team lists for Fixture Set 2 are required by Wednesday afternoon and can be sent through to me at any time from now. Where any lists are not received teams will be drawn at random from players that played in Fixture Set 1.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:25 Mon 11 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League II

A reminder that the team lists for Fixture Set 2 are required by Wednesday afternoon and can be sent through to me at any time from now. Where any lists are not received teams will be drawn at random from players that played in Fixture Set 1.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:48 Tue 12 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League II

Thanks

Teams still required from -

The Untouchables
The Legend Killers
Shooters Revenge
The Vipers

Edited by forum moderator chris, at 09:47 Wed 13/06/12 (BST)
Pages: 1910
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Super League IX - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.