League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:21 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No, you can't add the players after the friendlies have started- that would be silly.
Just saying that new players could be registered now, then full rules come into effect once the preseason games actually start.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:23 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
Why should the rules be changed ?, why can't captains just stick to the rules and sign players that have 1 month old accounts ?
The rule itself is excellent! But what purpose does it serve in between seasons??
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:25 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh right hold on here haha

sarny_lad is a different story he has been waiting ages to play like most people know.

If a clan had someone making more accounts just so they could pass the friendlies then they would be found out anyway. Im not saying let a player that made his/her account the day before the pre season started should be allowed to play. Im more so thinking for the players that have been waiting a bit as they do become eligible for the first set of the new season anyway. Like sarny_lad does and there is also someone else. (Have to rake through messages again for that one)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:29 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Even if they do it a day before, it would make no difference (as long as it's before fixtures come out). Players are allowed to transfer in between seasons anyway, why do we care if they deactivate and create a new account?
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:31 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry but by allowing an account under 1 month to play in an official FCL game is clearly bending the rules, pre season friendlies are official and decide whether clans gain entry into the league therefore clans should only be allowed to use eligible players.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:34 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Transfer window is closed now though so no they cant, the only way to get around the transfer window being closed and stuff is to deactivate then make a new account and join the clan you wanted to join, even then you would be known in 5 minutes as people on here cant keep a secret that much . So if you tried to do that then i would make them wait out the one month before playing at all.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:34 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Jay I really don't see why waiting ages makes a difference, if the accounts under 1 month they cant be registered so can't play.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:38 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
Transfer window is closed now though so no they cant
Ah ok, in that case, you're right. Didn't know it closes before games come out.

whocares8x8 said:
The rule itself is excellent! But what purpose does it serve in between seasons??
A good answer to this and I'll stop
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:41 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You and Alan can fight that one out then . Was you both chatting away in the first place.

Yeah i gave a week for the transfer window and then closed it, all clans were notified about this on there thread. I could have given longer but going by a quite tight schedule here to get everything ready before the 4th.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:43 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
You and Alan can fight that one out then .
Not much left I think lol. Either he can answer it and I'll stop or he can't answer it and I'll stop.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:46 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'll just clean up the blood and guts later .
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:56 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
bluenose1872 said:
Transfer window is closed now though so no they cant
Ah ok, in that case, you're right. Didn't know it closes before games come out.

whocares8x8 said:
A good answer to this and I'll stop

Here we go, i'll give it my best shot lol.

Captains can have whoever they want in their clans whether its between seasons or during seasons aslong as they only use registered players with 1 month old accounts in official FCL games, anyone that says the pre season friendlies are not official FCL games are wrong, they are as or possibly more important than league games because they decide entry into the league.
If you allow unregistered players to play you would be aswell changing the rules to, you can use anyone to gain entry but you must have registered players for the league.

So basically do what you want between seasons but pre season friendlies are official games so are part of the season.

MVP have a player thats under 1 month and we understand he can't take part in any FCL activities untill his account is 1 month old, why don't other captains understand that ?

Edited at 15:05 Fri 10/02/12 (GMT)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:20 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That doesn't really address the point of the rule, it just tells me what the rule is.
As you yourself said- the rule exists to stop players deactivating to switch teams midseason (thereby dodging the transfer rules).

Since players are allowed to switch teams between seasons (what I mean here is between the last game of the season and the preseason friendlies), why should we care whether they choose to create a new username?

It does not serve any purpose at all, especially not the purpose the rule was created for. It just looks like unnecessary 'government intervention and regulation'.
I don't mind leaving sarny_lad out. I'm just pointing out that the rule, when applied between seasons rather than during the season, makes no sense.

Edited at 15:30 Fri 10/02/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just like to say for the first time ever on the league discussion thread...
Couldn't give a <removed> either way!

If you don't have an opinion was there really any need to post this ?

Edited by forum moderator ab_rfc, at 15:39 Fri 10/02/12 (GMT)
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
17:35 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:

Since players are allowed to switch teams between seasons (what I mean here is between the last game of the season and the preseason friendlies), why should we care whether the choose to create a new username?

Do we care ?, players can create new usernames/accounts anytime, they just cant play official FCL games untill their accounts are 1 month old.
This rule wasn't just created to stop players deactivating to join other clans, it was also created to stop banned users returning early and joining clans and also to stop players creating 2nd accounts during the season to help their clans.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:42 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
whocares8x8 said:
why should we care whether the choose to create a new username?

Do we care?
Sure we do. We're punishing players from creating a new account for legitimate reasons by not letting them do it even between seasons.
ab_rfc said:
This rule wasn't just created to stop players deactivating to join other clans, it was also created to stop banned users returning early and joining clans and also to stop players creating 2nd accounts during the season to help their clans.
The bold part I agree with, except that again, if it's between seasons, that's not the case.
This explanation was what I was looking for earlier. I can live with that, although I still think that between seasons it restricts players more than it helps them.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
18:04 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rules are simple, to be registered for the FCL your account must be 1 month old, if players want to deactivate and create new accounts for whatever reasons thats up to them. most players know the rules before they deactivate.
doubted2
doubted2
18:11 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
totally disagree with this silly suggestion about playing players who havnt got 1 month accounts

the whole idea is for teams to be reliable,,

may i ask who this benefits and why since last season when prequlaifying was the most important thing sliced bread now to be devalued

this league is supposed to be getting run correctly you have a rule in place that you are going to over look

why ,, the rules are in place for a reason
doubted2
doubted2
18:14 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
honestly why are you having this discussion, the season isnt even underway and already we are bending rules

i dont get it and why would you even suggest it in the first place
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
18:18 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its been a sensible friendly discussion and if you want to join in your welcome, put the kettle on tho, I need a coffee lol
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.