League Discussion Thread (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19192
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:45 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
O_o....
o_O

Edited at 13:54 Wed 05/09/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:46 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I really don't know mate did you pass it into admin?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I know sniper, but as I stated, I'm no longer having the discussion with you.

Ok Lee, nice breakdown of the fixtures involved in the clan leagues.

so why stop at 18? or even 20? can't we just have unlimited number of players in a clan, better yet, no need to actually register players, just pick people out the chat room for cover

As I stated, why not alternate the leagues, just like football league and international competitions, be easier on the players, less games to play during the same deadline period.

Fgs, i was being sarcastic about unlimited numbers and getting players out of the chat room, heaven above, please give me strength
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I know sniper, but as I stated, I'm no longer having the discussion with you.

so why stop at 18? or even 20? can't we just have unlimited number of players in a clan, better yet, no need to actually register players, just pick people out the chat room for cover

As I stated, why not alternate the leagues, just like football league and international competitions, be easier on the players, less games to play during the same deadline period.

Or you could just accept that people have lives, jobs, get computer/internet/site problems and we have loads of extra games now
Don't forget we have to keep the players happy with games too so if we can do that then it's not too many. If we can't then we won't have a full squad anyway.
It's more likely to deplete the clan league by saying that players that will be away for a fortnight or a month occasionally are going to have to be booted from teams surely? they will still be in the same situation at another team obviously and so will the other team's captain
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Fgs, i was being sarcastic about unlimited numbers and getting players out of the chat room, heaven above, please give me strength
Why mention it then, if it not constructive towards getting something together, or if your not serious, why post. It's not related.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:54 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Thought you was going to lol will send it on in and might get a response before 2015 season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Thought you was going to lol will send it on in and might get a response before 2015 season

Ahhhh dam Erm send me the idea again and I will do it lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:01 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If people have lives, jobs, or what ever issue, then it can't be helped and that default shouldn't as its no bodies fault, it doesn't mean we have to have a ridiculous number of players in each team. 16 players per league is enough. if a player is away for a month, surely there's nothing wrong or in the rules to state you can't remove them and sign a player who will actually be online, after the time off, the player can then be added back into the team.

Sniper, why question me motives when in that very same post you weren't constructive when criticising me. My post was constructive thanks to my last paragraph on alternating the leagues.

No point replying, I've had my say just like everyone else on here. My points are just as valid as others. I'm really not bothered what happens, was just posting a few suggestions for league runners to think about.

Enjoy the healthy debate guys and girls I won't be replying
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:59 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

I did suggest to Jay and Matty a while ago asking admin to put up 1 message in the game window a day, something simple like
'FCL clan league, another challenge for the Funkypool addiction'
with a link to a page that explained clans, game formats and had a link to the waiting list.
I know they don't endorse the leagues but can't see them having a problem with a message a day getting put up and then just move the time slot forward an hour each day to catch everyone.
Sure loads of curious souls would click, have a read and give it a try.

Sorry mate i can not remember ever reading this or having you message me about it (my brain is like a sieve though).

I will try and talk to admin at some point in the next few days and see what they say as the last time i spoke to them it turned into a league discussion which i will keep private for now.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:02 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
To all else, i said i would consider the increase in clan size but right now in my own opinion we do not actually need it at all as most clans have all players active and get by on what players they do have.

There is a huge transfer opening right now so people should be taking full advantage of it (some have done) as this will probably be the only time that i do it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:06 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Fair enough, a couple of extra would have been good but 16 is fine.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:07 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe direct them to clan chat?

something like. Clan League, fun for everyone! see clan chat forum for more information.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:12 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe direct them to clan chat?

something like. Clan League, fun for everyone! see clan chat forum for more information.

I thought you need 1 capped page doing that has...
a)the formats
b)how to arrange games
c)links to waiting lists

Nothing long winded just a short summary because often people get put off because they think they will have to be online at certain times, not knowing they get to arrange games themselves.
Will do you up something Jay and if you want to use it if it goes through or bits of it then all good if not then no hassles either.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:15 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
no problem maybe make a summary thread then can link to that thread instead? just thinking of short and sweet in the chat room so its not alot of reading
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:19 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
no problem maybe make a summary thread then can link to that thread instead? just thinking of short and sweet in the chat room so its not alot of reading

Yeah game window would just be a one line link to the page.
I didnt even know you got into clans through the forum before cool_dude asked me and he had to go through the ins and outs of it all.
Reckon there are loads of people who are the same now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:28 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
In my experience in asking Nick to incorporate the links to the clan league websites at the top of the Clan and League Chat sub forum page I found that he was very supportive of the idea and to clans in general. Therefore I have no reason to doubt that getting agreement to post a chat room message link would be that difficult.

The only problem I see is that there is no appropriate page to link to currently as said above. Maybe someone needs to come up with a good quality page/thread explaining in general terms what clans are about (preferably leaving out all the negative stuff about the tedious arguing and abuse that goes on at times!! )?
cke1982
cke1982
02:04 Thu 6 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
what about a emergency loan system like football if u lose players we did last season right at end of fixture
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
05:10 Thu 6 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
In my experience in asking Nick to incorporate the links to the clan league websites at the top of the Clan and League Chat sub forum page I found that he was very supportive of the idea and to clans in general. Therefore I have no reason to doubt that getting agreement to post a chat room message link would be that difficult.

The only problem I see is that there is no appropriate page to link to currently as said above. Maybe someone needs to come up with a good quality page/thread explaining in general terms what clans are about (preferably leaving out all the negative stuff about the tedious arguing and abuse that goes on at times!! )?

I was going to do this at some point tomorrow then asked for it to be sticky or capped or both.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:13 Thu 6 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Scrap the leagues. 2 big clans 50-60 players each. Fight to the death.
blueberry
blueberry
12:56 Thu 6 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah sounds good, but loads a beer first and kebabs
Pages: 19192
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.