FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
horse10000
horse10000
03:15 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
but you can also deduct MVP from the league, i am not having my clan penalised for busting a gut to get games played.

Respect for that ^^ true captain!

Wish i had a say in what Team Angry did, arranging killer games was a pain in the backside and now we are getting penalised for our effort to get them played whilst others that didnt are pretty much rewarded?

Thanks mate, but you know how much effort was required to get it played. Maybe if other clans tried that we wouldn't be where we are now
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:17 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
now people are talking about taking points off us, people that got losses at killer lol
Remember that we would benefit from doing default, because we would easily win it against Shooters, meaning we would get 5 or 6 points out of it.
This has nothing to do with the points.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:17 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have to say, this is really weak- always threatening to leave the league. If you don't want to play in the FBL, just leave.

league always revolves around blackmail Seb, horse probably won't see it like that but its true
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:21 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Doesnt matter who does what.. the sheer fact is you should not be able to change the schedule of games half way through a season because it isnt suiting defaults.. im sorry but you should have thought about this before instead of now and going about rewarding the ones who dont make an effort in contrast to punishing the ones that do.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:23 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Doesnt matter who does what.. the sheer fact is you should not be able to change the schedule of games half way through a season because it isnt suiting defaults.. im sorry but you should have thought about this before instead of now and going about rewarding the ones who dont make an effort in contrast to punishing the ones that do.
I have probably spent more hours than anyone on this site trying to get the killer games played lol, yet if it goes to defaults, Snooker Squad will be the ones rewarded "for not making an effort". Again- effort doesn't necessarily correlate to getting games played.

Quite simply- doing more than half of games as defaults distorts competition because the results are no longer decided by playing pool. I don't think anyone wants that. Do you?
horse10000
horse10000
03:23 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
MVP 20 - 4 in killer (+16 points)

SS 3 - 15
(6-0 default win v shooters)

SS 9 - 15 (-6 points)

Difference of 22 points

Delete second games

MVP 10 - 2 (+8 points)
SS 2 - 10 (-8 points)

Difference of 16 points

Difference of 6 points and could be more if default went against you any. I wonder why you are up for the change seb
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:24 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
3-15??
We won a killer game 5-1 lol.

I'm slightly offended that you keep suggesting I'm arguing this for the sake of gaining a couple of points.
A) I argued before the season started that this could easily be adjusted. I'm continuing the same line.
B) I run an entire league on snooker and have never been accused of favoring my own team. Please.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:25 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hang on, your saying your team doesnt make an effort??

and also, yes i would rather the FBL league runners learn their lesson from making the mistake of all these changes without thinking than changing the schedule half way through the season to something that, hands down, will benefit those that haven't really tried with killer.
horse10000
horse10000
03:27 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have to say, this is really weak- always threatening to leave the league. If you don't want to play in the FBL, just leave.

league always revolves around blackmail Seb, horse probably won't see it like that but its true

Please can i add that is not blackmail, i am standing up for my clan who will be penalised for following the rules / format that was presented by the league runners. This is despite the fact that i posted and requested on more than one occasion for league staff to change it before anyone played 2 games, they refused and now the same league staff are going to penalise my clan. Sorry but i would have hoped more clan players would have understood where i am coming from but obviously not
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:28 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hang on, your saying your team doesnt make an effort??

and also, yes i would rather the FBL league runners learn their lesson from making the mistake of all these changes without thinking than changing the schedule half way through the season to something that, hands down, will benefit those that haven't really tried with killer.
What?? Wrong on several levels. No, I'm saying we ARE making an effort but still cant get the last one played.

And you would rather enjoy "punishing" the runners than making the league run better? Not selfish of you at all. I see you really have the interests of this league in mind.
horse10000
horse10000
03:29 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
3-15??
We won a killer game 5-1 lol.

I'm slightly offended that you keep suggesting I'm arguing this for the sake of gaining a couple of points.
A) I argued before the season started that this could easily be adjusted. I'm continuing the same line.
B) I run an entire league on snooker and have never been accused of favoring my own team. Please.

Lol just saw 1-5 three times

It doesn't matter anyway the fact you lost 2 killer games and mvp won 2 means there is a guaranteed swing
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
03:30 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Seb, thats not a threat by Keith, its been discussed and thats a promise, if we're getting points taken off us whats the point in playing, we get penalised for winning 4 and others gain because they lost 1 or 2 in some cases lol
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
Please can i add that is not blackmail, i am standing up for my clan who will be penalised for following the rules / format that was presented by the league runners. This is despite the fact that i posted and requested on more than one occasion for league staff to change it before anyone played 2 games, they refused and now the same league staff are going to penalise my clan. Sorry but i would have hoped more clan players would have understood where i am coming from but obviously not
Yes, the people who said 2 games were not possible were right. There's nothing else to add- changing it to 1 game now is an admission of that.

But why threaten to leave the league over one game?? Very disproportionate response- more importantly, it's not the first time MVP have come out with these threats. Pretty much every time actually.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Yep i do have the interests of the league at mind.. your forgetting that this will ruin the FBL's reputation..

Several clans, including TA and MVP are discussing leaving over this new change in the middle of the season that benefits teams that havent been trying to arrange killer games.. These clans that are pretty reputable clans are mostly in division 1 and it will ruin the whole schedule of divison 1..

So please think before you accuse me of being selfish..
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:31 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Seb, thats not a threat by Keith, its been discussed and thats a promise, if we're getting points taken off us whats the point in playing, we get penalised for winning 4 and others gain because they lost 1 or 2 in some cases lol
Right so you're also saying that doing the 12 defaults- dealing with their fallout on the threads afterwards, and having all these points awarded away from the pool table is the better and fairer option, yes?
horse10000
horse10000
03:32 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
No point in playing if rules are changed after the event. This rule could have been changed before and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

League staff chose not to listen and now they say yes you were right it should be one and we will penalise your clan for completing what we asked you to do
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:32 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Several clans, including TA and MVP are discussing leaving over this new change in the middle of the season that benefits teams that havent been trying to arrange killer games.. These clans that are pretty reputable clans are mostly in division 1 and it will ruin the whole schedule of divison 1..

So please think before you accuse me of being selfish..
haha see, you've just admitted that you're pretty much holding the league at ransom!! If they don't conform to your wishes, you're out and you know it will ruin the league.

Thanks for supporting my point!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:33 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yes, im sorry seb but i control what my clan do and what MVP do.. yep, im that in power around here..

you are a complete and utter ..... think before you speak..
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:33 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
No point in playing if rules are changed after the event. This rule could have been changed before and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

League staff chose not to listen and now they say yes you were right it should be one and we will penalise your clan for completing what we asked you to do
wowww, it's one single fixture!! I will personally lose my game to you in our next fixture if you all just quit whining lol. And this is after I lose out on the bonus points we'd easily get from this.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:34 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yes, im sorry seb but i control what my clan do and what MVP do.. yep, im that in power around here..

you are a complete and utter ..... think before you speak..
eh? by "you" are holding the league at ransom I obviously meant the two clans involved, not you personally. I don't even know who you are lol...

nevermind... -_-
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.