FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 16869
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:41 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Lee I have already been over this with you in offline message, don't sit there and try playing mr victim on the threads as i am not overturning the decision even if 100% of the fbl player base disagrees with me.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
02:41 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You didn't answer one of my questions

Would they have got fixture bans if the argument was between 2 other clans and in another clans thread ?
I might be wrong but I think not because it was over an FCL fixture and you wouldn't have got involved.

Edited at 23:44 Sat 20/07/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:50 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You didn't answer one of my questions

Would they have got fixture bans if the argument was between 2 other clans and in another clans thread ?
I might be wrong but I think not because it was over an FCL fixture and you wouldn't have got involved.

Edited at 23:44 Sat 20/07/13 (BST)

First Rule: Constant, unprovoked slating of League Staff will not be tolerated, nor will bullying of other players, any member of the FBL caught doing this may face being banned.

They were FBL members - regardless of the game they were playing they are still FBL members.

I have always maintained if people have an issue with someone on their thread then they can come and speak to me and I will deal with it in a way I see fit. I have given out warnings in offline message to several people already about their conduct on the threads.

This, however, was the straw that broke the camels back today and posted it on the thread, like I said I gave a warning as to my actions before any banning took place.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
02:55 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll still stick with my answer, no need for me to say anymore on the subject.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:01 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll still stick with my answer, no need for me to say anymore on the subject.

Why bother posting at all then as you already would have decided you wouldn't like my answer - as per you just wanted to point out what you think is another failing of the fbl under my reign.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
03:14 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nothing wrong with your answer, I just think its wrong that you decide to use them rules now when its your clan involved, anyway it was just a query and you've given your explanation.
Now hopefully I'm going to move on before this turns into an argument and I end up with a fixture ban.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:15 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
lol nice trolling with that last sentence
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:31 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just wanted to butt in and say that a Black Magic player was also fixture banned.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:08 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe the banning of players maybe a little too hasty, maybe they may not have seen the warning on a revolving thread, may have just merely posted a comment?
huts24
huts24
12:04 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe the banning of players maybe a little too hasty, maybe they may not have seen the warning on a revolving thread, may have just merely posted a comment?

some people dont go through threads i didnt see any warning's so hasty is correct . my view :)
faust
faust
12:13 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

some people dont go through threads i didnt see any warning's so hasty is correct . my view :)

Your 100% neutral, unbiased view right? lol

The original incident and repercussions from it probably didn't warrant a ban, but as soon as Jem posted that anyone posting on their thread about it would be banned - her hands were tied, and she had to go through with it. As it transpires, you'll only have one player banned for one fixture, which isn't the end of the World at the end of the day. Hopefully lessons will be learned from all this, and we'll never have fixture bans again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Lee you would have seen it whilst reading the other posts, mine was just before your player so I don't believe people didn't see it.

Also I stand by what I said, I gave you lot fair warning and you chose to ignore it.

I have already said to you that shadwell17 may be able to play if packs it in so stop fussing.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:24 Sat 27 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey, could you give us a few more days to send lineups in next time please? We have only 18 hours this time. If I wasn't still awake now, I wouldn't be able to get you lineups because I won't be on until tomorrow night. I'm sure other captains have a similar problem.

Also, can you do a provisional draw for the next cup round? The lineup of course varies depending on who we play. You could draw the games already (winner of team1 vs team2 plays against winner of team 3 vs team 4).
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:32 Sat 27 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Jema is busy working so she does not have the time to do all of that in the time she has off or gets home from work. She is working all day Saturday and Sunday so any late lists don't really matter. (The announcement is force of habit and a copy of what she always sends out)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:35 Sat 27 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
ok, I just mean that you guys could also just ask for them on wednesday or something?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:42 Sat 27 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I can ask for them when ever really as i have the kid all day, Jema is meant to work three days a week but they have here doing well over her contracted hours so its harder for her. To save this happening again if Jema is at work i may ask for the teams for FBL to help her out but have them sent to Jema.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
FBL Notice

I know that this news will please some members and I know that is will disappoint others, for which I can only apologise. but I have decided to remain league runner of the FBL for the foreseeable future with the help of some other members.

I would urge ALL members who have an opinion on the FBL to post it or message me about it, there have been lots of topics discussed this season and I want to accommodate as many sensible player ideas as possible.

If you don't post you don't get a chance to change the league into someone you really want.

Thank you.
Jema
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:53 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cup
No Bonus Points
1 Frame of each type (i feel cup should have a different format to league while the "luck" factor remains)
Plate System (Gives clans who lost a second chance sort of like a Double Elimination Tournament)

League
Back to 6 Frames (I liked it when you could draw a fixture)
Killer: 2 vs 2 (2 Games)
Can be more if both clans agree
Killer Scoring: 1st Place: 2, 2nd Place: 1
No account age before season starts, once it begins it is 1 month old to be registered
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:18 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Can you send me an explanation of "plate system" not getting what you mean - I like that the cup should have a different format so we can see what we can do with that.

Since killer has been doing really well this season it will be considered raising the number of games to 2 and the scoring will be changed, the only reason it is as it is now is because there was some miscommunication about it all, but couldnt be changed once implemented.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:42 Tue 30 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I would have to disagree boss (Jema), the Team Killer matches are the most awkward and annoying matches to arrange. Not only are you waiting and making sure you have your team (without alienating anyone else), you have to ensure that the opposition have their players too. Sometimes sitting in the actual game room for 1 more player to turn up, it's just pure tedious.

As for scrapping the bonus points I definitely would, if you are losing 0-3 and you work you way back to 3-3, only to lose by that 1 point 3-4 then that's a lot better than making the defeat worse by giving an overall 3-5 when only 7 frames were played. 7 Frames is much better than 6 in my opinion as determines there be a winner than to play and draw 3-3 (might as well still be 0-0, same outcome (draw - obv no points lol)

Very pleased to hear you are staying on, no offence to mattywellie and pirate_steve but I've only known the FBL to be run by yourself. I think you are doing a fantastic job, more people should show their appreciation, be positive and not sooo damn negative all the time, with a few tweaks here and there to the rules I'm sure the FBL will continue to grow.
Pages: 16869
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.