FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 16768
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
18:37 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Thought I'd bring this from the FCL discussion thread, just something to think about.

Clan leagues have been going a long time now and subs/swaps at anytime has never been an issue, captains could always keep out their best players and sub them in, if their best players are their most reliable its best to keep them out as they make perfect reliable subs to ensure games get played, thats up to them, its just recently that certain captains have waited for fixtures to come out then make changes on day one to suit their clans, obvious opponent choosing, this is what needs stopped, I think some of you are forgetting whats caused this debate, its not the amount of subs/swaps, the more the merrier for avoiding defaults I say, its captains jiggling with the fixtures as soon as they are released which is the problem, this is what needs looked at.

I remember when you needed the opposing captains permission for all subs, glad when that stopped but Jay could always make it that in week one or the first 2 or 3 days subs/swaps have to be agreed by both captains, after this time scale no permission is required.

Something i will definitely think about.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:06 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
In all honesty I dont mind either way

Cos nobody ever tactical subs against me
beenjammin
beenjammin
20:39 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think it's a problem, don't see what difference it makes.
Sure, you can put your best against their best, but just as soon as you prevent their best from getting a big score, you also tie down your best player the same way.
I don't think it makes any difference in which team will win.
Only place it changes anything, is in the individual's golden cue. It gives the better players a lower score than they should have (if they've been mostly playing each other).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:50 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think it's a problem, don't see what difference it makes.
Sure, you can put your best against their best, but just as soon as you prevent their best from getting a big score, you also tie down your best player the same way.
I don't think it makes any difference in which team will win.
Only place it changes anything, is in the individual's golden cue. It gives the better players a lower score than they should have (if they've been mostly playing each other).

Or the better players an inflated score if all they do is play the so called "lesser" players
beenjammin
beenjammin
21:09 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont see what you mean, if left alone their opponents would be completely random like everyone else.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:11 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
what should be banned if anything is the ability to reverse a sub/swap with another sub/swap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:27 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
what should be banned if anything is the ability to reverse a sub/swap with another sub/swap.

Good point, I hadn't even thought of that!

And some other decent points above. I like the idea of both captains having to agree in the first week
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:39 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont see what you mean, if left alone their opponents would be completely random like everyone else.

If for instance the other night elite force kept reversing the swap that magics had made to give their player the best possible chance of winning more frames - thus meaning his Golden Cue rating progressing higher than it would if he had played the "lesser" player
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:53 Fri 19 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

And some other decent points above. I like the idea of both captains having to agree in the first week

Yeah no subs in the 1st week would help i reckon. Reversing swaps is a silly idea, should not be allowed. The opposing captain should welcome the swaps and use their intellect to try and combat them.

Edited at 20:04 Fri 19/07/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:37 Sat 20 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just an idea: How about incorporating a league table for 'EVENTS ONLY'? Might give more incentive for players to achieve as many as possible in any given season, would increase the competitiveness and everyone who records an events will feel part of the league. The Top 'EVENTER' could be awarded a trophy for their profile page or even a medallion etc.

Just a way to increase the amount of players joining clans as well tbh.

What do people think?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:46 Sat 20 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Yeah no subs in the 1st week would help i reckon. Reversing swaps is a silly idea, should not be allowed. The opposing captain should welcome the swaps and use their intellect to try and combat them.

Edited at 20:04 Fri 19/07/13 (BST)

nope, what if the player is on vacation the second week or the first and the captain expects them to return? If they don't then they have to wait 7 days which would lose you default points.

Same with a ban. I agree for first 3 days, both captains has to agree then that is lifted. This stops changing the teamsheet on Day 1 and actually give the chance for games to be played
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:50 Sat 20 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
don't agree with what James has put more so the football style thing. Bonus in cup should be there though as it is in the league, rewarding a player for winning their game.

something different instead of straight knockout, then it gives clans a second chance.

"Bonus in cup should be there though as it is in the league"

Disagree with that, Cup is a side competition not a league competition. Win Bonuses only apply because One Clan lost the league after beating everyone else. This doesn't apply in the Cup as if you won your games you would win the Cup so the Win Bonus isn't needed in the Cup in my opinion.

If it does continue could i request you have 2 frames per match win and 1 bonus point for a draw? I just don't like it that your not rewarded for a draw.

Edited at 15:56 Sat 20/07/13 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:54 Sat 20 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just an idea: How about incorporating a league table for 'EVENTS ONLY'? Might give more incentive for players to achieve as many as possible in any given season, would increase the competitiveness and everyone who records an events will feel part of the league. The Top 'EVENTER' could be awarded a trophy for their profile page or even a medallion etc.

Just a way to increase the amount of players joining clans as well tbh.

What do people think?

You mean similar to Snookers Bonus League:
http://funkysnookerclanleague.weebly.com/bonus-league.html

and the Highest Break Competition:
http://funkysnookerclanleague.weebly.com/highest-breakrun.html

Sounds good to me, i have said it for a while. Thats why i like the Super League so much as it promotes attacking play and stops the 20 minute tapping in UK that people tend to do.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:00 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
pixie_dust i realise you have been busy , but just wondered if you have had chance to do defaults from fixture 1
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
02:21 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Can someone please explain why 2 elite force players have been given an FBL fixture ban, and yes I know one Black Magic player got the same ban, I understand we need to stop arguments on clan threads but it was over an FCL fixture, it was on Black Magic's thread and their captain who is also the FBL league runner gives 2 opponents a fixture ban, maybe we should give all captains this power lol, would they have got fixture bans if the argument was between 2 other clans and in another clans thread ?, definately not because the argument had nothing to do with the FBL, the FCL league runner didn't give fixture bans so why the FBL ?.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:32 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
pixie_dust i realise you have been busy , but just wondered if you have had chance to do defaults from fixture 1

Yes sorry Sarah I did them ages ago but never posted on here, they are in the defaults section of the site.

http://funkypoolbilliardsleague.weebly.com/defaults.html
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:36 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Yes sorry Sarah I did them ages ago but never posted on here, they are in the defaults section of the site.

http://funkypoolbilliardsleague.weebly.com/defaults.html
just seen , how is there a default score of 0 for ud activity ? the default information shows the players were online ready to play the game : /
huts24
huts24
this is the quick version , BM player loseing in FCL 9-0 runs off and deactivates then 2 of my players from Elite force post on there BM thread which jem didnt like , she then made a warning about posting and cos my 2 players still posted after this warning they have been banned in a set of FBL . which doesnt make any sense as you rightly stated it was an FCL match and nothing to do with FBL apart from jem clan .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Can someone please explain why 2 elite force players have been given an FBL fixture ban, and yes I know one Black Magic player got the same ban, I understand we need to stop arguments on clan threads but it was over an FCL fixture, it was on Black Magic's thread and their captain who is also the FBL league runner gives 2 opponents a fixture ban, maybe we should give all captains this power lol, would they have got fixture bans if the argument was between 2 other clans and in another clans thread ?, definately not because the argument had nothing to do with the FBL, the FCL league runner didn't give fixture bans so why the FBL ?.

Because, Alan, I am sick fed up of being bombarded offline, on the threads, in PMs etc about it.
I am also sick fed up of people not listening to a request to either take it to offline message or pack it in completely.
And finally I am sick fed up of grown people acting like children and not maturely like they should as adults.

An example needed to be made and I made it, granted it wasn't related to the FBL but I gave them fair warning and they chose to ignore it.

That is all I have to say on the matter because going over it again will basically just fudge me off again.
huts24
huts24
02:39 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Because, Alan, I am sick fed up of being bombarded offline, on the threads, in PMs etc about it.
I am also sick fed up of people not listening to a request to either take it to offline message or pack it in completely.
And finally I am sick fed up of grown people acting like children and not maturely like they should as adults.

An example needed to be made and I made it, granted it wasn't related to the FBL but I gave them fair warning and they chose to ignore it.

That is all I have to say on the matter because going over it again will basically just fudge me off again.

but it has nothing to do with FBL at all so why these bans ? in FBL . the match u are talking about happend in FCL .
Pages: 16768
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.