Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18081
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:15 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, let me put it this way-
if you want to make it two frames of Straight, that means there will only be 4 points available from those games. That means that none of the good players will be playing straight anymore, because it becomes much more insignificant compared to the other games. Teams would then stick their crappy players in straight, because there's not much to lose.
I'm not sure why we would want that.
erigert
erigert
20:16 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i may be the crapest straight player ever but a game of straight for me usually lasts 15 minutes, dont know bout others
erigert
erigert
20:17 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, let me put it this way-
if you want to make it two frames of Straight, that means there will only be 4 points available from those games. That means that none of the good players will be playing straight anymore, because it becomes much more insignificant compared to the other games. Teams would then stick their crappy players in straight, because there's not much to lose.
I'm not sure why we would want that.

i think u read it wrong, there is going to be still 6 points from a game of straight and 12 in total
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:17 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So why do you want to decrease the frames then? Because it takes longer?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:24 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
IDEA???

8us - 2 games (4 points available)
9us - 2 games (4 points available)
8uk - 2 games (4 points available)
Straight - 2 games (6 points available, as takes a lot more effort than the 3 types mentioned above)

Team Killer

1st - 12 points (should be rewared more and cannot be overtaken with other team coming 2nd/3rd)
2nd - 6 points
3rd - 4 points
4th - 2 points
5th/6th - Zilch
erigert
erigert
20:24 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
thats one of the reasons but not the main. only make them 2 frames we can make a fair share of points cause u cant divide 2 points in two parts unless its 1-1 (which means a draw and that never happens)

heres one example of what i think:

current system

A (35) - (34) B
A (35) - (34) B
A (35) - (34) B

result 6-0 which is unfair to someone who got 34 points in three games
my system

A (35) - (34) B
A (35) - (34) B

result 4-2 which is fairer in my opinion
erigert
erigert
20:25 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
IDEA???

Straight - 2 games (8 points available, as takes a lot more effort than the 3 types mentioned above)

Team Killer

1st - 12 points (should be rewared more and cannot be overtaken with other team coming 2nd/3rd)
2nd - 6 points
3rd - 4 points
4th - 2 points
5th/6th - Zilch

that becomes a killer championship then lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:26 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
IDEA???

Straight - 2 games (8 points available, as takes a lot more effort than the 3 types mentioned above)

Team Killer

2nd - 6 points
3rd - 4 points
4th - 2 points
5th/6th - Zilch

that becomes a killer championship then lol

But it's a TEAM collective, takes more effort to arrange sometimes too.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:30 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
my system

A (35) - (34) B
A (35) - (34) B

I don't see how that's fair at all. The other guy was unable to finish off the frames because he buckled under pressure. You're gonna give him two points for that?!?
Nothing about that is fair. You can't do more than win all your games. And if you win all your frames, you should win all the points.

Which brings me back to killer. If you win the killer, you should win the most points for killer.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:36 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
This is what happens when discussions happens, all these new and some ridiculous ideas are thrown out there. Personally liked the way the league was before this season (nothing wrong with experimenting though). Just go back to what it was before.

League

6 Frames Of 8US
6 Frames Of 9US
6 Frames Of 8UK
3 Frames Of Straight (Frame = Two Points)

Killer (3 on 3 If It Stays)

1st - Three Points
2nd - Two Points
3rd - One Point
4th - Zero
5th - Zero
6th - Zero
erigert
erigert
20:37 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
my system

A (35) - (34) B
A (35) - (34) B

I don't see how that's fair at all. The other guy was unable to finish off the frames because he buckled under pressure. You're gonna give him two points for that?!?
Nothing about that is fair. You can't do more than win all your games. And if you win all your frames, you should win all the points.

Which brings me back to killer. If you win the killer, you should win the most points for killer.

you contradict yourself on the above post. why someone should get points for finishing 2nd on killer and he shouldnt get points for taking 34 points on a straight game?
and also u think that losing 2 frames 35-34 is the same as losing those frames 35-0?
u can still get a 6-0 on a straight game if u are by far the better player, that allows the draw aswell.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:41 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
you contradict yourself on the above post. why someone should get points for finishing 2nd on killer and he shouldnt get points for taking 34 points on a straight game?
and also u think that losing 2 frames 35-34 is the same as losing those frames 35-0?
u can still get a 6-0 on a straight game if u are by far the better player, that allows the draw aswell.
Should we also give people who lose with 1 ball remaining on 8-Ball a few points then? Because surely losing all your games with 1 ball remaining is the same as losing all your games with 7 balls remaining?

This can't happen.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:42 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just go back to what it was before.

1st - Three Points
2nd - Two Points
3rd - One Point
4th - Zero
5th - Zero
6th - Zero
That's not what killer was before.
erigert
erigert
20:48 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
theres a difference between the types. if u can get to 34 points on a straight game means that u have the skills, on the other hand if i foul a black or if i leave you a black over the pocket it doesnt take u that much of a skill to take that point.
and i guess you didnt reply to my first question i made on the above post.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:48 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just go back to what it was before.

1st - Three Points
2nd - Two Points
3rd - One Point
4th - Zero
5th - Zero
6th - Zero
That's not what killer was before.

Then instead of just saying the sentence say what it was also? I see now after writing it out that it is wrong as 4 - 2 was a possible score in killer and with the above it is not.

1st - four points
2nd - one point
3rd - one point

Is it that? That gives the chance on 6 - 0, 5 - 1 or a 4 - 2
beenjammin
beenjammin
21:03 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Are you guys kidding?!?!? The team that loses killer should win the most points?
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.... no way we can go for that surely.

Was just thinking how the team that 2nd, 3rd, and 4th really played better(debatably) than the other team. You have a point though.
Makes me prefer the 2 vs 2 games at 3,2,1,0, where the individual winner guarantees his team a draw, and his teammate has to do better than 4th for them to win it. 2 games made a perfect 12 too, balance.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:06 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Then instead of just saying the sentence say what it was also? I see now after writing it out that it is wrong as 4 - 2 was a possible score in killer and with the above it is not.

1st - four points
2nd - one point
3rd - one point

Is it that? That gives the chance on 6 - 0, 5 - 1 or a 4 - 2
Because I couldn't be bothered to post it for the 7 millionth time in my pool career.

What you posted is what it works out to, although it was formulated differently. If there are 3 players left of the winning team at the end, it's 6-0. 2 players left, 5-1. 1 player left, 4-2.
It works out to the same thing.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:08 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
theres a difference between the types. if u can get to 34 points on a straight game means that u have the skills, on the other hand if i foul a black or if i leave you a black over the pocket it doesnt take u that much of a skill to take that point.
No, I have won many frames against the very best players on here by a score of 35-0, because I cleared in one visit. That doesn't mean they don't have the skills.
I just can't understand why you would a) want to give points to a losing player for losing; b) take away points from a winning player for winning.
and i guess you didnt reply to my first question i made on the above post.
No, I didn't. Killer is a team game and if only the 1st place gets points, the game becomes a lot less interesting and therefore less fun. As long as the winner of the killer game gets the most points, it's still adequate. That's why we've used the system we have.
erigert
erigert
21:24 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
No, I have won many frames against the very best players on here by a score of 35-0, because I cleared in one visit. That doesn't mean they don't have the skills.
I just can't understand why you would a) want to give points to a losing player for losing; b) take away points from a winning player for winning.

im not giving a point to everyone who loses a frame, im giving it to the one who has scored more than 20 points and has lost (that can be changed though and be raised).

in this system 2 games of Straight give the same amount of points like any other type
so
6 frames of US = 3 frames of Straight
5-1 win in us = 6-0 win in straight
3-3 draw in us = 4-2 in favour of one of the players in Straight.

so unless we play 6 frames of straight theres no way that the current system is fair. i think that it isnt fair that i can get a point in 8us and i cant get it in Straight. and i also i think that it isnt fair that if i can get 3 points in another type, im not allowed to do that on straight.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:30 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
We can play 6 frames of straight, but apparently people have problems with that

I think a system like that will increase tapping. I would be well inclined to tap the game to death in the beginning, so that we would both go to -15. Then I have a much better chance of my opponent not getting to 20 points.

Straight, just like the other game types, is about winning the game. It's not how you win or by how much. It's about winning it. Let's not reward those who lose frames.
Pages: 18081
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.