FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19091
cke1982
cke1982
16:28 Wed 4 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
couldnt u run 2 lower ranked tourney and higher than the lower ranked winner plays the highest ranked like nfl playoffs but instead of 2 conferences uve got 2 seedings
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:40 Wed 4 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Mosconi cup, the superbowl, the premier league, stanley cup, the us open....the list is endless of competitions where it is not necessarily the team or individual that scores the most games/goals/ points that wins them. Sport is not a matter of how many of the above you win by but the fact that you win all your games. You win all your games as a team in any sport and you win whatever competition you are in. There is not one out there where you can lose a fixture and beat a team who won them all. That is the true test of who the best team is. Wether we win by 1 point or a hundred we deserve it because we didnt lose a fixture. Last year SS deserved the FBL title and as a member at the time It leaves a sour taste knowing that the team never lost and we won nothing for it.

Win as a team, lose as a team.

But what do you consider games? That's where we differ.
team fixtures=games?, or frames=games?
I believe noone wins ALL their games, Pros deserved the FBL because they won the MOST games (frames).

It depends how you approach it, both ways are valid.
But I want to point out which one is more accurate, which better represents the season's play.

We all agree that the more frames played in a match, the more likely the best player will win.
In other words, the more results/numbers you have to work with, the more accurate the outcome.
See the difference:
In one season,
Deciding with team fixtures:10
Deciding with frames: 1200
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:49 Wed 4 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That's up to the runner but if you cant win on the day you don't win. Usain bolt lost the world championships due to a false start. Did they race a few times to give him another chance that year? No. Wigan won the cup final, are they giving the other team a chance cause they had a bad day?

My points are more based on the notion that most points don't mean you should win as is the case in 99% of professional sports.

wigan one in a cup im talking about a league where u paly each other twice

reminds me, pointed this out before,
You guys already have the CUP, completely decided by team fixtures.
Can't the league at least go back to a compromise?

With everyone fixated on team fixtures (if the frame count is gonna remain unrecognized), playing each other twice is the only way I see to keep the league more accurate than the cup(besides already having more players, that helps). Keeps it from likely being decided by one fixture.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:34 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Im up for two fixtures but I truly believe even with one then if you are unbeaten as a team you deserve the title. I think the titles should go to the best team and not the best group of individuals.
horse10000
horse10000
00:38 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Always has been a team game so beating all the other clans should always mean you win the league.

It has happened in FCL and FBL now that a team has won all their matches and hasn't won the league which is a joke. If you beat the rest you are the best
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:50 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As I mentioned a few months ago, you won't convince each other, because you both have convincing points that can't be refuted.
One the one hand, it's a team game and the unbeaten team should win the league. On the other hand, in practice that usually boils the season down to 1 fixture. Whoever wins that fixture has already won the league because they'll beat all the other clans. Which makes it a bit crap.

I think beenjammin is right in that with a win bonus it's flukier. You can scrape a 61-59 because someone had an off-day and win the league due to that. However, considering how boring the last few seasons have been with the table not being close at all at the end, flukier might be more interesting.

In summary, I don't really care lol. I don't like win bonuses- that's why we dont have them in my league. But both sides have arguments that can't be refuted.

Edited at 21:53 Wed 04/09/13 (BST)
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:38 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Thank you, that leads back to one my points.
We both have valid opinions,
their's already rules the cup,
why can't just one of them (the league) go back to a compromise of the 2? (by dropping the bonus back to 10)

If it does, still heavy handed in their favor, a true compromise would have cup by matches, and league by frames, one each way, equal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:35 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I dont agree that every frame counts as a point in the league tbh, but that is entirely up to the league runner and is the way its been om his site so we just have to accept it and play to the league runners rules.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:24 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What are peoples thoughts on the removal of the FCL Cup?

Personally i don't mind having it or not. With a possible four leagues next season (check Super League) i would like to try and accommodate as much as i can, but i know some clans and players like the cup as it does give them something else to go for.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:31 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I actually like the Cup, brings in the 'knockout' aspect, I also think there should be a general consensus/vote made over the 2 new Leagues and the most popular one chosen ONLY?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:33 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
4 leagues is absolute madness. I think the Cup is an essential feature of the FCL and FBL and doesn't take up that much time.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:35 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree four is madness, but i personally think most clans will choose the newest league being made by cgibson92.

I don't mind removing or keeping it to be honest like i said, but if four leagues go ahead it might be something that needs some serious thinking.
erigert
erigert
20:39 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i prefer the cup more than the league cause i like knockout competitions so the Cup should continue.
beenjammin
beenjammin
20:45 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You know my answer, with the league acquiring it's team fixture mentality, it's pretty much scored the same way as the cup. Unless one team doesn't win all their fixtures, it's pretty much a knockout.
Having both is like having 2 pairs of shoes the same color.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:02 Thu 5 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont you dare.

Ever again.

Think about.

Or mention.

Removing.

The.

Cup.

<3
horse10000
horse10000
00:06 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cup should stay it has always been the fun add on for a number of seasons. I would miss the mickey mouse cup

As for all the extra leagues, there is a simple solution clans dont enter them all if you cant play all the fixtures involved
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:54 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
well i just caught up on 4 pages of discussion!

i love the idea of a champions league type cup, so brilliant, jay rather than seperating it into different types why not a champions league style competition whereby you play some of each type (in the group stages 2 of each then knockout 3 of each etc)

as for the discussion over win bonuses in fcl, i think it should definitely be reduced to 10. i agree with been that frames are points and by giving 20 for a win it turns it into a knockout competition and the whole season is depending on the result between the 2 best teams. By lowering/removing the win bonus it's the team that performs the best throughout the whole season that wins the league.
cke1982
cke1982
03:56 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
cups always been a great addition not worth removing having a knockout tourney is a different aspect to fcl
cke1982
cke1982
03:58 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i think if ur playing a match and u win a better player u should get 2 bps if u win a lesser player u should get a bp
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
04:00 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It is called the Individuals for a reason mate, although i am still currently thinking on a previous idea to allow a player to join a maximum two out of the three events. Although that may mean i would need 32 sign ups for each event.

Win bonus is not going to be changed like i have mentioned before. When the win bonus was 10 points there was nearly a situation where an unbeaten team nearly lost the league. This in my view is something that should not happen, unbeaten should be winning the league. (Something that myself and Keith agree on for once). This season has been give and go with the table leaders changing at least three times, four or five clans have been right up there all season.

CKE, you keep coming out with this same bonus point idea mate, i have already said no to it at least 30 times. Super League seems to have taken it on board though, although i don't agree with it based on the fact if you lose then you lose, being awarded for losing is weird.
Pages: 19091
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.