FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19192
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:45 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think 10 bonus points for a match win is the right amount, you deserve something for taking a close game by a couple of points.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:53 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cup should stay, gives the chasing pack who haven't got all superstars but can put out a quality team a chance to win something
beenjammin
beenjammin
05:00 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cmon Jay, listen to the people
10 points is a compromise in you and keith's favor, you already have the cup your way. Let frame count have a voice in the league again.
Again, with 20, unless 0 teams go undefeated you're not really even using the frames.
erigert
erigert
11:22 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i am on the same idea with beenjamin on the amount of points that should be rewarded for a win.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:39 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well here is an idea, I was thinking of scrapping the cup too since it is nothing more than an extension of League games.

BUT... I was talking to Jay last night about all the suggestions we have had over the seasons and there was a fairly popular suggestion about merging the FBL and the FCL - in terms of leagues this will never happen but what if we mixed them for the Cup and just had the one Cup to play for.

For example...

8 games still but

1 x 8US (8 Frames)
1 x 9US (8 Frames)
1 x 8UK (8 Frames)
1 x Straight (2 Frames)
4 x FCL Games

This way there is still the Cup to play for but it has a slight twist on it rather than being just another league style fixture Just an idea... thought I'd put it out there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Id just leave most of it as it is tbh, change the killer points to 10 for the winner, 8 for 2nd and 6 for 3rd, 4 for 4th, 2 for 5th 0 for 6th that way 1st doesnt necessarily win, it a team game.

That being said maybe merging the 2 maybe a good idea due to work etc, how about merging but still having the 2 separate cups?

Edited at 11:10 Fri 06/09/13 (BST)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:12 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Id just leave most of it as it is tbh, change the killer points to 10 for the winner, 8 for 2nd and 6 for 3rd, 4 for 4th, 2 for 5th 0 for 6th that way 1st doesnt necessarily win, it a team game.

That being said maybe merging the 2 maybe a good idea due to work etc, how about merging but still having the 2 separate cups?

Dont know why you are mentioning killer here mate, killer will never be a part of the FCL.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:28 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Yeah sorry wrong thread...der ash

Dont know why you are mentioning killer here mate, killer will never be a part of the FCL.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:34 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Another random idea, how about bonus points for the golden cue winner's team? 10 or 20? It would make the golden cue more exciting.
Not sure if people would like a title being won this way but having the 2 leaders from different teams fighting it out for every frame against their seperate opponents in the last fixtures would definitely be exciting
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i think if ur playing a match and u win a better player u should get 2 bps if u win a lesser player u should get a bp

Who is going to say who is a lesser or better player?

Can't do it by ranks as I remember a certain person in MVP I am sure others do too who had ranks of 630, yet seemed to smash everyone 11-4 or something.

Can't do it by someones opinion because everyone has different opinions, and may hurt peoples feelings, as a lot on here can get real touchy.

Can't do it by team as say BM for example if they go ahead next season will have players such as greenie who is capable of big score but some may consider them a "lesser" team.

So I would like to know how you propose this insane bonus system gets brought in.
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:00 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Wasn't the fcl cup only 5 games?
More games will use more players, more accurate outcome (there are more teams with 5 good players than there are teams with 8 good players)
Makes me like the idea.
erigert
erigert
18:25 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
cke1982
cke1982
19:36 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It is called the Individuals for a reason mate, although i am still currently thinking on a previous idea to allow a player to join a maximum two out of the three events. Although that may mean i would need 32 sign ups for each event.

Win bonus is not going to be changed like i have mentioned before. When the win bonus was 10 points there was nearly a situation where an unbeaten team nearly lost the league. This in my view is something that should not happen, unbeaten should be winning the league. (Something that myself and Keith agree on for once). This season has been give and go with the table leaders changing at least three times, four or five clans have been right up there all season.

CKE, you keep coming out with this same bonus point idea mate, i have already said no to it at least 30 times. Super League seems to have taken it on board though, although i don't agree with it based on the fact if you lose then you lose, being awarded for losing is weird.

so basically u play better players get destroyed by better players week in week out but if u a lesser clan beat a better player or give them a game u get nothing for the effort it just means usual if ur getting destroyed in a game no point continuing as nothing to play for
cke1982
cke1982
19:39 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i think if ur playing a match and u win a better player u should get 2 bps if u win a lesser player u should get a bp

Who is going to say who is a lesser or better player?

Can't do it by ranks as I remember a certain person in MVP I am sure others do too who had ranks of 630, yet seemed to smash everyone 11-4 or something.

Can't do it by someones opinion because everyone has different opinions, and may hurt peoples feelings, as a lot on here can get real touchy.

Can't do it by team as say BM for example if they go ahead next season will have players such as greenie who is capable of big score but some may consider them a "lesser" team.

So I would like to know how you propose this insane bonus system gets brought in.

well if ur playing a player from mvp snooker squad u can tell by rankings there better than underdogs just no point playing if its just lesser clans getting destroyed week in week out its getting boring
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:54 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So what about when pros play Ut or SS or Uprising?

Who is the weaker team then?

It's a matter of opinion.

If you want better scores practice more.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:30 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I already have the cup my way? Cup has been in the league longer than i have, the only change since then was from five games to six games and then eight games in the final...

@cke1982 - You beat a player you got those points that you earned, you lose to a player and you get the points that you still earned in that game. Nothing more nothing less. It is rather simple mate, if you want to up your game then just get practising and you become better as time goes on.
cke1982
cke1982
20:50 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
dont see point of entering this season but i will discuss it with the underdogs and see what happens

if a team gets 10 bp for beating a team bottom of the league its
already a battering and even more of a battering with 10 bps
beenjammin
beenjammin
20:55 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Then you also agree it should be lowered from the current 20 bp.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:59 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe there should be 2 divisions again.

Would stop the top teams thumping the bottom teams every set, can make it the same length by playing each other twice.

Obviously you get new clans straight into div 2 but after a season they go if they are a top team. So would not be as poop for the lower teams that way and more of a contest for them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:02 Fri 6 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
1 League so EVERYONE plays everyone, my team want to play vs everyone so we can see our true ability, unfair to place us in a 2nd League coz it suits.

Edited at 18:05 Fri 06/09/13 (BST)
Pages: 19192
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.