name the best top 5 ever at 8uk?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
its_me
its_me
16:55 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i think if a player can pot very good and play tactical when needed........ wont lose to many games to be honest. u need to be good at both
the__priest
the__priest
17:50 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
well done tratter

thats the problem here, one side of the game is applauded the othere is chastised for the sake of it

pleased god isnt a geordie, theyve had 2 messiahs already
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:15 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Having both qualities makes you a good player (one reason why i also had its_me in my list)

I tend to play attacking so if i lose i lose. I can play defensive though and most of the time very well, i have the potting ability i think also so i do win more than i lose unless im just playing guff!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:51 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I wouldn't say tapping (not tactical play) is chastised for the sake of it. It is negative play, it follows logically that it would recieve a negative response. If a player was to play a good safety shot they would recieve just as much applause as a good pot.

On the other hand if they play an easy safety when potting is a viable option, they are likely to get a negative response due to their own negative minded approach. (Much like bemoaning the luck of a potter when they fluke, the difference is one is deliberate and the other is accidental).
the__priest
the__priest
20:44 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
oppinions

thats life

agree to disagree
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:48 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Of course there are disagreements, thats how idea's get developed and improved. Nothing wrong with it at all as long as it doesn't get personal and out of hand.

The consensus is usually right and overcomes bias
fuunky
fuunky
20:48 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, that is what everyone has been stating on the thread, so there shouldn't be any problem like you seem to have in you're previous post, everyone has different opinions thats life.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:52 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
my god its game. we all win and we all lose, who cares how when where and why.

any wonder this site is going down hill
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:54 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
For UK you need both potting and tactical minds and the mindset to know when to go for which. While i think attacking players are better, if you fail to clear you lose 90% of the time so here is where patience and tactics come into play.

I do have a good tactical mind myself now and know the angles for a good safety and if no pot is available i would take the safety but sometimes tapping is the only option as potting is easier on here than in real life.

The problem is potting is too easy as you can pot from just about anywhere but difficult to clear so players tend to try and feel each other out with taps until one eventually cracks which is normally the attacker.

If potting was made harder (cushions, long pots) who knows how people would play but their would be a lot more safety play into the baulk area instead of the negative play that is tapping.

Problem i have is those who play defensively generally only tap until the opponent tires out which in my eyes isn't a good player whether its Arcade on Snooker or Pool games in general.

But you do whatever you need to win and if it involves boring or angering opponents with tapping then so be it.

UK is made for defensive play, 9 Ball is a mixture and US is made for mostly attacking play.
im_crap_adam
im_crap_adam
21:32 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I know the three of the players that im going to name it barely been in top ten, well one have, but them all really good players at this format the best ones of this site I can easily say, number one is uniot (Lee), he is so good in run outs, not a topper player at all, 2nd Kirk he can play anyway u you want, 3rd crappy adam he always come up with an a amazing shots n beat you up, that's me saying the true lol :D

Hahahaha you legend!! <3
im_crap_adam
im_crap_adam
21:34 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Tratt man
onua
jimmy
matty
liam

List is endless tbh.... but they the first 5 top players that come to mind
its_me
its_me
21:43 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Tratt man
onua
jimmy
matty
liam

List is endless tbh.... but they the first 5 top players that come to mind

ty adam
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:54 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Top 5 UK runouts

andyw1 United Kingdom 329
killer_1 England 168
zantetsukenz England 168
w_hoolahan England 165
im_crap_adam England 164

It's bad enough that killer keeps going level with me, but now two active players have caught me right up

^ thats a good list for attacking players who can keep to one account
onua0767
onua0767
22:32 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Top 5 UK runouts

killer_1 England 168
zantetsukenz England 168
w_hoolahan England 165
im_crap_adam England 164

It's bad enough that killer keeps going level with me, but now two active players have caught me right up

You just couldn't name the top 6 could you.... lol :p
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:06 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Top 5 UK runouts

killer_1 England 168
zantetsukenz England 168
w_hoolahan England 165
im_crap_adam England 164

You just couldn't name the top 6 could you.... lol :p

Gimme a month or 2 and I will be second.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:13 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Haha, sorry Adam. If a mod changes the title of the thread to top 6 i'll edit you in
lethal_lures
lethal_lures
00:39 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not the amount of runouts somebody gets, its the ratio to games played, plus 7 ballings.

It's not fair for somebody who has played say 15000 games to be compared with someone who has played 100 or a 1000 lol.

I reset recently and have no interest in playing safe, so just going for 7 ballings and runouts but still have a very good win rate tbh, considering this, for me clearing in 1 visit is what its all about, nearly made 3 bk to bk runouts yesterday but had to settle for 2 runouts and a 7 balling, plus another runout the frame after that.

Is slowly turning me into my second favorite game type, i use to hate it becuz of the big pocs but i challenge myself in every frame now so it has made it exciting, well for me atleast!

But yh i would say quality over quantity where runouts are concerned!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:44 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I hit a run out on average every 17 games, divide that by 2 because I don't break every game I get one about every 8.5 breaks.

I get a runout OR 7 baller every 6.2 games.

^^ all based on current stats.

That's after more than 2000 games too.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:52 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not the amount of runouts somebody gets, its the ratio to games played, plus 7 ballings.

It's not fair for somebody who has played say 15000 games to be compared with someone who has played 100 or a 1000 lol.

That would only work for players who have kept to one account an not reset, the rest are incomparible to that because everyone goes through a sort of evolution or increase in ability from the time they first play (on their very first account). So the first chunk of their games they'd be at a lower ability than what they currently play at. Everyone starts off below average and gets better.

so you couldn't compare onua for example, to a person who resets then hits a runout first break. In terms of actual runouts onua would far exceed the resetter, but in terms of games ratio the resetter would've hit a runout every game.
lethal_lures
lethal_lures
02:09 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  

That would only work for players who have kept to one account an not reset, the rest are incomparible to that because everyone goes through a sort of evolution or increase in ability from the time they first play (on their very first account). So the first chunk of their games they'd be at a lower ability than what they currently play at. Everyone starts off below average and gets better.

so you couldn't compare onua for example, to a person who resets then hits a runout first break. In terms of actual runouts onua would far exceed the resetter, but in terms of games ratio the resetter would've hit a runout every game.

I get the first part m8, thats the whole gain over resetting i was a completely different player when i started this account, 2000 games later im someone else, an animal on the table and i may have had 90 runouts in 2000 games but for me that was poor so decided to have the minerals to reset, still my ratio is poor, mainly because of my break.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

name the best top 5 ever at 8uk?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.