The Premier League

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13334
cke1982
cke1982
18:02 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
No, he brought Sturridge because he fits into the system. Lambert wouldn't have the legs or the speed. Without Sturridge we wouldn't be top four I'd say. Without Suarez at the start of the season he was vital and he's scored some important goals.

Would much rather have Sturridge than Lambert, the 8 ish years between them is enough even if they were currently level on goals. We could get another 10 years out of Sturridge if we don't sell him, we wouldn't get 3 out of Lambert. Sturridge has scored plenty and nearly rivalled Suarez at one point

for me after sturidge got player of month hes been shocking dont know what it is if to many games have caught up with suarez not loyal only there cause of his big contract he did try and go to arsenal start of last season but hes proved his worth i wanted suarez to go at first seeing he wanted to go arsenal dont have players there that dont want to be at lfc

think to many games have caught up with liverpool rogers not using subs very often or a rotation policy to many 90 mins i think

as i said lamberts a better finisher and a box player good header of the ball what we needed against chelsea and also a scouser sturidge a cockney
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:03 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
----------Sturridge----------Suarez----------
--------------Sterling/Coutinho-------------------
Shaqiri/Allen/Coutinho-----------Shaqiri//Henderson/Sterling
----------------Gerrard/Lucas--------------------------

Same as they are now except Shaqiri on the wing instead of Lucas going there or Allen.
cke1982
cke1982
18:05 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Same as they are now except Shaqiri on the wing instead of Lucas going there or Allen.

thats what im saying he would be expected to come liverpool and sit on bench as many would dont think some players will do that when there starting at another club
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:14 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
as i said lamberts a better finisher and a box player good header of the ball what we needed against chelsea and also a scouser sturidge a cockney

Lambert can't play on the wings like Sturridge, that means if he played for us we couldn't play Suarez centrally if we went 4-3-3 wingers. That means we lose the interchangeability that has been lethal at times for us. Not to mention he's scored more with his head than Lambert this season, scored more consistently, not had his tally increased because of pens. A header of the ball wouldn't really suit us because we don't play high balls really. We keep it down at feet and pass it around.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:18 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

thats what im saying he would be expected to come liverpool and sit on bench as many would dont think some players will do that when there starting at another club

He isn't a starter though, Robben and Ribery are the starters on the wing. He'd get more game time with us, I'd imagine Allen dropping out of favour for him but he's another versatile player. Who else would we have out wide?
cke1982
cke1982
20:33 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

He isn't a starter though, Robben and Ribery are the starters on the wing. He'd get more game time with us, I'd imagine Allen dropping out of favour for him but he's another versatile player. Who else would we have out wide?

if we play sterling coutinho we dont need a winger need a creative midfielder for me the way rogers is he plays his left back and right back as wingers so dont need him or keep the rbs lbs from coming forward making sure we dont get caught like we did at palace and chelsea and u say we dont need a player who heads why did we cross 6 to 8 times against chelsea could of won game against chelsea if we played like we thought we could win and had a player who could head should of kept carroll as a back up striker then saying we wouldnt use him could of done more use then aspas has this season see what happens next season
fry06
fry06
20:46 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Could be a few players from Hamburg worth pinching for any club, Van der Vaart and Adler spring to mind

I predict Liverpool 5th-7th next season btw. Chelsea will spend, Utd will spend City don't need to spend lol and you never can tell with Arsenal.

My 2 cents

P.S Liverpool should get Ross McCormack
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:55 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, we play Sterling and Coutinho on the wings (this is the 4-4-2 diamond, not 4-3-3 wingers). What if one of them is tired, injured or suspended?

We'd have to play a non winger player out wide (Allen, Henderson, Lucas). Limiting ourselves to those two on the wings means we don't get use of them in the middle which is against certain teams they have been most effective, makes no sense to not buy another winger. The fullbacks have always pushed on to some extent, if you stop them coming forward then we aren't as likely to score.

When a defence plays deep like that, playing high balls when they have so many extra defenders can be useless. United under Moyes in the game they aimlessly played the high ball with and had 70 odd crosses. It was a bad game plan.

Carroll wouldn't have accepted being a back up striker, that is why he left. Aspas still made 14 appearances for us so far this season. With injury that isn't too bad for our back up striker. He just proved ineffective the second half of the season, but its only his first season. He can still adjust if he wants to play here.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:38 Sat 10 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't think we need another back up striker...

We have Suarez, Sturridge, Borini returning to us after a great season, aspas for now although i hear he is off back to Spain this summer. If we did though I would love to bring Gabigol from Brazil only 17 but a massive talent.

With midfield, I think Lallana and Knoplyanka/Shaqiri for the left wing.

We need a decent defence... Doria from Brazil is going to be a great player and his club are in financial difficulty would be a good capture for center back. Caulker is a good player but is he as good as the players we already got? I dunno about that.

I would personally go for...

Gabigol
Lallana
Konoplyanka
Doria
LB (Would love Shaw but doubt that)
Another Cb
RB

There are a lot of areas we need to strengthen.

Seen some one say Arsenal "the one team who has consistently brought youth through second only to barca"

Arsenal buy all their youth, their one main exception in recent years is probably Wilshere who has been there since he was 9.

Also do you not watch Porto? Sporting? Ajax? And in recent years Atletico Madrid?

All of which bring youngsters through their ranks a lot better than Arsenal, Ajax probably do it better than most to be honest.
the__priest
the__priest
13:17 Sun 11 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ajax
have been using the Coerver Coaching style for years and years
but since say Berkamp they haven't brought any world class players through

and Man united far exceeds them, bringing through class young players who go on and on

Arsenal buying young players doesn't matter, its still potential, then they turn them out like a machine, all Arsenal players can play football, they develop them in all aspects

i watched a coaching interview with Wenger, he was disgusted that players recommended to him at 17 couldn't even head a ball

that's crap youth coaches and parental pressure
i see it week in week out

i coach and have coached Coerver method and worked with simon smith for many years
i wish there was a national system for youth coaches in this country to attend before taking any kids coaching it should be compulsory

all you ever here is pass pass pass
from the sidelines

little tommy is ball greedy REALLY
let him express himself then and only then teach him to pass
the__priest
the__priest
13:24 Sun 11 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
a coaching session i learned years ago after watching top coaches at Villa

the session was simple
stage 1, 2 & 3 warm up
in a limited space
then they play a game as many touches as they want
10 mins
drinks break
then continue limit the passes to 3 touches
10 mins
drinks break
then continue limit the passes to 1 touch

then stage 3, 2 & 1 cool down

in this country its normally coach first then a game
doing it the above way
when players are tired they have to use their head more
utilise space

if you can get players to do this week in week out
watch them on a Sat or Sun when they have time and space
the football is awesome

then coach positions and duties

it works
cke1982
cke1982
15:25 Sun 11 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Could be a few players from Hamburg worth pinching for any club, Van der Vaart and Adler spring to mind

I predict Liverpool 5th-7th next season btw. Chelsea will spend, Utd will spend City don't need to spend lol and you never can tell with Arsenal.

My 2 cents

P.S Liverpool should get Ross McCormack

problem is these 1st division players havent proven in prem league cant see mc cormack sitting on bench need player happy to come off bench
cke1982
cke1982
15:27 Sun 11 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't think we need another back up striker...

We have Suarez, Sturridge, Borini returning to us after a great season, aspas for now although i hear he is off back to Spain this summer. If we did though I would love to bring Gabigol from Brazil only 17 but a massive talent.

With midfield, I think Lallana and Knoplyanka/Shaqiri for the left wing.

We need a decent defence... Doria from Brazil is going to be a great player and his club are in financial difficulty would be a good capture for center back. Caulker is a good player but is he as good as the players we already got? I dunno about that.

I would personally go for...

Gabigol
Lallana
Konoplyanka
Doria
LB (Would love Shaw but doubt that)
Another Cb
RB

There are a lot of areas we need to strengthen.

Seen some one say Arsenal "the one team who has consistently brought youth through second only to barca"

Arsenal buy all their youth, their one main exception in recent years is probably Wilshere who has been there since he was 9.

Also do you not watch Porto? Sporting? Ajax? And in recent years Atletico Madrid?

All of which bring youngsters through their ranks a lot better than Arsenal, Ajax probably do it better than most to be honest.

id sell borini was awful last time he played for lfc could not score
cke1982
cke1982
15:28 Sun 11 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ajax
have been using the Coerver Coaching style for years and years
but since say Berkamp they haven't brought any world class players through

and Man united far exceeds them, bringing through class young players who go on and on

Arsenal buying young players doesn't matter, its still potential, then they turn them out like a machine, all Arsenal players can play football, they develop them in all aspects

i watched a coaching interview with Wenger, he was disgusted that players recommended to him at 17 couldn't even head a ball

that's crap youth coaches and parental pressure
i see it week in week out

i coach and have coached Coerver method and worked with simon smith for many years
i wish there was a national system for youth coaches in this country to attend before taking any kids coaching it should be compulsory

all you ever here is pass pass pass
from the sidelines

little tommy is ball greedy REALLY
let him express himself then and only then teach him to pass

how many have utd brought through since beckham giggs scholes hardly any
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
23:54 Sun 11 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Did Liverpool win the league not checked in a while
theshield
theshield
23:58 Sun 11 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Did Liverpool win the league not checked in a while

Surely if they did the Liverpool fans would be posting wouldn't they?

Same old Liverpool fans only start posting when they win or think they are going to win something
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:59 Sun 11 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah mate, we are just far too drunk to post much sense at the moment!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:22 Mon 12 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Wonder which team he bitterly supports

Fantastic season, I think the league table is a very good representation of the quality of the teams this season. Bottom three were the worst three, the top 8 are spot on and the grey area in the middle paints a pretty good picture of the teams.

Well done to City, worthy winners.

Who'd have thought the team who started with 3 1-0 wins would score 98 more and concede 50 in the next 35 games. Very proud of them surpassing expectations which not many could say.

Plus the 2-1 comeback over Newcastle with 2 red cards probably gave Craig a chuckle
fry06
fry06
03:52 Mon 12 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If we're talking about youth systems, surely Southamptons deserves a mention.

Apparently Man Utd have bid 27m for Shaw, but who is making the decision to bid?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:41 Mon 12 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
England World Cup Squad:

Ashley Cole out Luke Shaw in Fair Enough - Cole wouldn't like to play 2nd fiddle to Baines where Shaw being young cannot really complain.

Frank Lampard IN - I don't get this, surely a younger player would have been better alongside Lallana and Barkley.

James Milner - Over rated - we need players who will stretch the opposition by running down the channels and crossing in the ball, Milner does non of that - so looks like the same old tippy tappy football passing where we know ENGLAND simply cannot retain possession.

Glen Johnson (Useless) IN instead of Kyle Walker - Absolute silly choice, Johnson is useless and over rated, has been for ages.

Danny Welbeck IN - No sign of Jermaine Defoe or even a younger player say Connor Wickham (is he English)

Overall obvious some good selections and some daft ones.
Pages: 13334
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Premier League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.