The Premier League

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
18:24 Fri 27 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Watch out for the return of Mufc, their next 5 fixtures aren't difficult and a few midfield purchases they will be right back up there.

As Man United have shown all season, no fixture is easy in the Prem, especially when teams are out to beat the holding champions. In past season certain teams have been almost guaranteed the points before they even played, they were that good. Now it's much closer, despite the fact that this shouldn't be the case with the amount of money pumped into the top teams. Man United fans happy after a few wins, but could still end up slipping down the table. They're nothing like the team they used to be under SAF
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
18:36 Fri 27 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Another point, I completely agree with faust about standing at games. I have been to lower league games and the atmosphere is great in the terraces. Would really like the safe standing campaign to kick off in the Prem, Championship and below. Doesn't seem like it has the appeal from the bigger clubs but there is appeal from every league.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:59 Sat 28 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

excuses excuses im a lfc fan its the way it goes in premier league u get decisions u dont cant balme ref for losing blame the teams rogers a clueless manager hes got 3 subs every game only makes 2 aspas for 8 mins a joke bringing him on for a holding midfielder should of brought subs on earlier coutinho off for moses i like moses but why bring goalscorer off and bringing him on for

1. You sure you are not an undercover Man Utd or Everton fan?
2. Rodgers is on par with Benitez in probably being our best Manager in a very long time.
3. Coutinho was tired, shooting from nowhere, running into brick walls wouldn't pass, he man needed a rest Rodgers made a good call.
4. The more changes you make the more it upsets the flow of the team, you only make all changes if absolutely needed or You are cruising and can rest a few players. We were well in the game didn't want to upset rhythym and he changed the game for the better. Maybe his timing was a bit off and Aspas should have had more time but he certainly made the right call with them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:03 Sat 28 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

a tap in for allen doesnt guarantee a gl look how many sitters hes missed zante holding players in area doesnt get a pen skirtel agger and sakho do it all the time carroll use to get pulled down all the time u never get a pen for it

Allen is a holding midfielder, he is not expected to score. Skrtel should have had at least 1 pen against him vs City as he should the game before, he is walking a very tight line in the in the way he defends corners and free kicks.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:04 Sat 28 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Liverpools ground is old very old
sorry liverpools atmosphere
hmmmm
old trafford any day when they score

Best joke I heard in a long time... thanks for that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:17 Sat 28 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
difference being zante
one i go to games and 2 there is no arm chairs in this house
ive been a season ticket holder at Sunderland since i was 8 years old, nothing you can say to me about Sunderland will ever bother me

however Liverpool is a big top 4 club
how many seasons have they been drifting in the football wilderness
how many managers have they been through
how much money have you wasted ????
Andy Carrol lol
your ground is one of the worst in football

Right being a season ticket at Liverpool since I was 5, maybe not as long as you at Sunderland (not quite sure on your age) but still 19 years this season so let's go.

Liverpool WAS a top 4 club and you can tell by the lack of expectation of our fans when we have been top this last week or so that we don't expect to win the league and we all believe top 4 will be a bonus. Topic 1, sorted.

Football wilderness, you act as if we have been no ones for the past 20-25 years... In the last 13 years Liverpool have won 10 trophies (not including charity shield) and was beaten in 3 other finals. Man Utd have won 11 or 12 I believe losing another 4 finals. Hardly been far away have we?

We have however been lacking in the last few years especially in terms of PL with the money Spurs and Man City have has pushed us down the order. TBC
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:25 Sat 28 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
We have made some dodgy transactions in terms of players etc, letting Reina go on loan, Spending 35m on Andy Carroll (Who did start showing his worth towards the end of his Liverpool career) Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam.

My one big hate though, is people who just watch 5 minutes of match of the day and still think Henderson is a poor player, without him Suarez would not have scored half as many goals this season he has been our joint best player alongside Suarez this season, played unreal. Yet everyone still thinks he is rubbish because his first few games for us when he was trying to find his feet weren't as good as they could have been.

Now to the managers.
We were wrong to get rid of Houllier, but Benitez was a great signing for us, our older owners wrongly got rid of him and I am sure any of our fans would have took him back instead of Hodgson or Dalglish, both who done pretty rubbish jobs. Now Rodgers is in and doing fantastically.

We have just gained planning permission to upgrade our ground, have been waiting for it for about 7 or 8 years now, but as there was talks of changing ground, ground sharing etc etc it took more time, now we got the permission and work should begin soon.

Going every home game though I can say our atmosphere isn't what it used to be but is back on the rise, still better than most though.
the__priest
the__priest
22:05 Sat 28 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
crap first half

2-0 down v good come back
at last the bottom clubs are moving towards us and pulling further away

good part is we are now unbeaten in 3
franer_
franer_
18:02 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok

Let's see a good game here between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Howard webb in charge so no moaning this time lol.

Cmon liverpool
franer_
franer_
18:03 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh my what a start get in son!!
the__priest
the__priest
18:20 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
very ul

great goal from hazard tho
franer_
franer_
18:23 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
He struck it very well..keeper beaten all ends up.
the__priest
the__priest
18:25 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
He struck it very well..keeper beaten all ends up.

?
who is the best keeper

reina or mignloet
franer_
franer_
18:28 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Iv always liked reina..bit shocked the way he was loaned out..

Mignolet well ill give him time..he seems to be doing a very good job so far..i was gonna say needs to hurry up a bit to clear the ball but liverpool are playing alot from the back now so unneeded that point.

Good keeper.
the__priest
the__priest
18:31 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
im chuffed with that, i think he was v gd buy
needs to speed his distribution up always a problem

and what do u think of henderson ?
the__priest
the__priest
18:35 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
ooooch

keeper maybe....... no
skirtel defo.

poor defending from a great start
franer_
franer_
18:35 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
another ex player of yours

When we bought him i was not overly impressed i must say..he has taking his time to come into his own in the team which he has certainly done this season. Maybe he needed time to blend in etc but he fits well in the team now..maybe needs gerrard a bit more to help him along but he is gonna be a big player for us.

ETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
the__priest
the__priest
18:51 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
fair score i think

but what the hell is that, exchanging shirts at half time

jesus were is his heart at,, you kill people in games then shake hands
franer_
franer_
19:05 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agree..ya don't see jersey swaps at half time
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:13 Sun 29 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well that was a load of crap, similar story against city. We had the chances but didn't take them and this time we got what we deserved score wise, didn't threaten enough.

The refereeing though... again, was awful. Eto'o didn't even get a booking and got taken off because even Jose Mourinho knew he shouldn't be on the pitch and was a liability. I missed the early challenge so I can't say anything, though there was a possibility judging from commentary and people. The second one, even Gary Neville saying it's a stone wall pen. For an ex United player, united through and through, to say that shows there was substance. The referee was looking right at it though, it's violent conduct and a red card with no hesitation. What is going through his mind to give nothing is beyond me.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Premier League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.