FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 14142
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:39 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The main difference between football and this pool league, is that there is a set number of frames over the course of a season in the pool league

If you win 560 frames, you are guaranteed to lose 400.

Whereas in football, you could score 1000 goals, yet concede 1000 also.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:44 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The premise is still the same. Whoever score the most goals against all the other teams should win the league?

Your looking for reasons to argue against it, therefore I believe you know it's stupid. Now you know how all bar you and been feel when you raise this argument every time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:46 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
But in this instance, whoever scores the most goals, also concedes the least...

But meh, cba anymore, keep it how it is.

Let's do a fatmikee, KISS
beenjammin
beenjammin
23:20 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Now you know how all bar you and been feel when you raise this argument every time.

It's not just me and chappy, the others just got tired of arguing in circles, gave up. Like you with the goals comparison, I already pointed out how that isn't even applicable as a comparison, but here you are pretending I didn't. Circles. And me or chappy didn't raise this argument this time, you did, when I proposed the secondary trophy.

Edited at 21:29 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:22 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
By asking for a completely seperate trophy for most frames for a team incapable of winning the most fixtures, I would take that as you raising it but hey ho.
beenjammin
beenjammin
23:26 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
keith said: Not sure what you mean as with the format i posted there would be no bonus points at all.

Think about it. The bonus points we currently have are there to take a league that counts frames, and turn into a league that counts team matches also.
So bonus points=points for team match wins.
Your proposed format is nothing but points for team match wins, hence what I said: comparatively (compared to the current system) nothing but bonus points
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:30 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No its a team vs team format in a League. Its called normal competition. As I said previously re defaults, the starting point for any competition is that you have to be in control of your own destiny. However the same applies even with games played depending on what players are available at what stage in the season.You are unlikely to be in control of your own destiny in a straight frame count format.

Edited at 21:35 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
beenjammin
beenjammin
23:34 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
sure it does, every team has the same opportunities to score points.and the points scored throughout the season are tallied as a team. You see?, circles, lol, I'm tired of the debate too.

Edited at 21:37 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
beenjammin
beenjammin
23:34 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
By asking for a completely seperate trophy for most frames for a team incapable of winning the most fixtures, I would take that as you raising it but hey ho.
I know though that the main title won't be changed, to many people don't want it to, most importantly the league runner, he's not willing.
So I didn't set out to re-ignite the unwinnable debate, have the main title your way, just let us have it our way too, in a secondary trophy (when there's actually a difference).
Requires no change to what's already there.

Edited at 21:57 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
erigert
erigert
23:35 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

On the other hand, can we implement a penalty in points for a clan who makes a specific number of defaults during the season? That for me would be a good thing, and will also make certain captains not play for defaults.

Edited at 20:08 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:36 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
sure it does, every team has the same opportunities to score points. You see, circles, lol, I'm tired of the debate too.

See the default point I made or, even without a default, where a team just has a weakened team allowing another to amass loads of points from one game. That adversely affects others who can do nothing about it. Your previous response did not address that because it cant.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:37 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I do like erigerts idea.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:38 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

On the other hand, can we implement a penalty in points for a clan who makes a specific number of defaults during the season? That for me would be a good thing, and will also make certain captains not play for defaults.

Edited at 20:08 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)

Make a proposal then!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:45 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captains get accused of playing for defaults when a 'pushy' team don't appear to be getting their own way. No one plays for defaults, the only time they do is when they have substantial evidence to support they did all they could to get a fixture complete.

So if you want to punish for supposedly playing for defaults then there needs to be set criteria laid out for All players to adhere too.
beenjammin
beenjammin
23:47 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Of course it proves a point. If you have either won all your individual matches, or more importantly and more relevantly in a team competition, all your team games then any result (played or default) elsewhere has no impact on you at all. If the default score contributes to the team win in that fixture then so be it. It is not unduly affecting any other team because every other team still has the opportunity to beat the team that might have won from that particular default.

Even if you don't win all your team games then the default does not affect you as you had the chance to win all of your team games which would render whatever happens elsewhere academic. And yes that is completely different to playing an opponent and achieving a fine 8-7 win and someone else playing the same opponent where it goes to default and ends up 15-0 (in extreme) or even 10-0. Every game, played or unplayed, individual or team, should have the same overall impact. A 10-0 or 15-0 default does not have the same impact if the equivalent played par score is 8-7 whereas a 2-0 if you can only win a game 2-0 does.

Edited at 19:02 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)

I totally disagree with that, not true. If a team match is won, it puts points on the overall table, that affects every other team on the table.

First off 15-0 defaults don't happen (circles). and saying 2-0 is Ok because that's the only possible score anyway is just silly. It's still 100%.
beenjammin
beenjammin
23:47 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The default thing you wanted me to respond to? ^
and about catching a team when it's weak, that, like the default thing, could be unfair in either system, don't see what can be done about it.

Edited at 21:53 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:54 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
15-0 will happen given a vacant opponent. But even if its less than 15 the point is the same.

Again you totally miss the point about the fact that the default (whatever the score is) does not adversely affect your clan as you can still outweigh that by beating that clan when you play them directly. Win your matches and you are in control of your destiny 100%. The only way you can do that under frame scoring is to win every match by large margins. Well a) we are agreed that is unlikely given this game and b) even if you did you will have won under the team match format anyway.

I agree with the circles bit though. The circle is loads of arguments being put forward and all being ignored bar the one that says the team that won (or attained) the most racks must have been the best.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:55 Wed 19 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captains get accused of playing for defaults when a 'pushy' team don't appear to be getting their own way. No one plays for defaults, the only time they do is when they have substantial evidence to support they did all they could to get a fixture complete.

So if you want to punish for supposedly playing for defaults then there needs to be set criteria laid out for All players to adhere too.
damn!! Chris was gonna just set it up for certain people as well!!
beenjammin
beenjammin
00:04 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
15-0 will happen given a vacant opponent. But even if its less than 15 the point is the same.

1Again you totally miss the point about the fact that the default (whatever the score is) does not adversely affect your clan as you can still outweigh that by beating that clan when you play them directly. Win your matches and you are in control of your destiny 100%. The only way you can do that under frame scoring is to win every match by large margins. Well a) we are agreed that is unlikely given this game and b) 2even if you did you will have won under the team match format anyway.

I agree with the circles bit though. The circle is loads of arguments being put forward and all being ignored bar the one that says the team that won (or attained) the most racks must have been the best.

1 But it affects every clan, if a default caused any team get 2 points on the table, that's 2 more points needed (points that wouldn't have been needed) to beat them.
2 Makes it just as much a team competition then doesn't it?
You keep bringing up defaults, weak teams, things that can be a problem, but are the same for either option being discussed, not sure why you do that. The only difference I see is one option that more accurately reflects what happened on the table. One that can see the difference between 61-59 and 90-30, and one that can't.

Edited at 22:09 Wed 19/11/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:09 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No because if you beat them yourselves then whatever their default in the other game caused can be rendered irrelevant. You win all your team matches any other default in any other team match is 100% irrelevant.

I cant really make it any plainer than that
Pages: 14142
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.