FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 14344
faust
faust
13:57 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris is an independent league runner, totally unattatched to any of the clans. Why on Earth does anyone have an issue with him deciding the default scores? Back when there was an independent panel consisting of people from many clans, unpopular captains would get worse scores overall. It's a flawed system.
erigert
erigert
14:01 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The defaults arent decided only by chris though, but from all the runners But chris is the one who decides the final score though.
faust
faust
14:02 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'd like to point out that Uprising will be open to all sensible swaps or subs when players are online and it makes sense. I hope this will be taken into consideration when we play clans that make it hard to complete fixtures, when the said games inevitably head to default. Also, if an opposing clan has stopped us completing a game for the majority of the fixture, and we don't jump through hoops the very last day - I hope this will be taken into consideration too.

I hope this applies to all clans that have an open attitude to getting games played when playing a restrictive clan.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:10 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol
We aren't going to be restrictive in any way shape or form, we intend on getting all matches played with cooperation and decorum.

However, we will allow our players sufficient time to complete their fixtures than jump through hoops or run rings for our opponents.

Looking at our team list we have met the criteria we were looking for and that's reliability and activeness. There have been a few who have not been most active (over past seasons) but never had an issue with their reliability.

We won't ever play for a default unless all other avenues have been attempted.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:37 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
And back to the topic...

What do people think of Eri's proposal?

For a certain number of defaults, points be stripped off both team?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:42 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Silly, unfair, the default itself is the consequence. Next they'll be asking for the deducted points to be added to the oppositions side.

I'd add them to the team at the foot of the table just to spice things up. (if ever happened)

Maybe if defaults were used properly and not sometimes sought after then maybe a 3 strike rule could be introduced. The team who commits them is exempt from the next fixture set?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:46 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Default is the consequence, but where is the real punishment?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:50 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Default is the consequence, but where is the real punishment?

I posted a possibility the end of my post above.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:52 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Are we talking about individuals who default 3 times, or if a team has 3 defaults?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:53 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
With you been a top captain at stopping games from been played Ash I totally understand why you are against It, when you do everything you can as a captain to get games played you never need to worry about defaults as you know then when you get one It's always going go in your favour.
faust
faust
14:56 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Are we talking about individuals who default 3 times, or if a team has 3 defaults?

If a player defaults 3 times, the responsibility would be on the captain, for not making a sub. It only works in a team situation rather than an individual.

Anything that encourages less defaults is a great rule - so a punishment is great, as defaults lead to a destabilised league. Almost as much as captains that fold a team halfway through a season - they should definitely not be allowed to captain a side for at least the next two seasons.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:56 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Team usually but why punish the lot, maybe the individual would be better, will act like a reprimand.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:01 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh yawn Stuey, change your mattress you've soiled this one too many times with the same crap.

I apologise for folding the team, your 2nd place were under threat lol. Anyways we are back and stronger than ever all be it with many different players, we won't fold this season and will enjoy giving you tough matches again.

faust
faust
15:12 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh yawn Stuey, change your mattress you've soiled this one too many times with the same crap.

I apologise for folding the team, your 2nd place were under threat lol. Anyways we are back and stronger than ever all be it with many different players, we won't fold this season and will enjoy giving you tough matches again.

Looking at the leagues, our 2nd place was never in threat - you're deluded about that. Also, 2nd place is the same as last to us. Pro's was the best team in the FCL and FBL and we was the best in SL. I'm happy with that.

I'm also glad there'll be another strong team, albeit captained by someone that has proven they're not up to the job, and shouldn't be allowed to do it again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:13 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
A lively and constructive debate is good but please avoid any personal confrontations creeping in!!

The issue of defaults and how they particularly impact on any frame count system is a big one.

For example I could have had Uprising and The Professionals vs Wolf Pack at the same time last season and I know that I would likely get more games completed in the first match than the second because of the different approaches of Uprising and The Pros to arranging and getting games played. Given the problems of Wolf Pack and the fact that they had some 'dangerous' players in their clan there was always more risk in tracking down an opponent and getting a game played than in a game going to default in terms of how many overall points you will gain from the fixture, which of course is the key point in a frame count scoring system.

That is not right. You can't have that potential unfairness and potential penalty for doing everything possible to get a game played. But, as per been and his circles, that just leads back to the fairness of scoring systems.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:17 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's not a job it's a pastime, need to get out more.

<edited-after seeing chris' post above, all good >
faust
faust
15:19 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's not a job it's a pastime, need to get out more. Plus who made you judge over when I Captain or not? I'll answer that for you:
"No one and you're a Nobody".

In your last two posts, you've quoted yourself - despite it not actually being a quote. What is wrong with you??

And my view is that nobody should captain after failing halfway through a season and disrupting the league. It's a valid FCL discussion point, one which many agree with.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:44 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you did that then they'd be no teams, oh hang on you'd prefer a league with only three sides.

Plus krazyash_07 doesn't exist anymore, so I'm a new entity, if you were new to the site you'd be none the wiser.

From 3 seasons I've folded once (unfortunately), never left the site and am willing to try again. When you get over the personal prejudice towards me then you'll realise this site is not about you, it's about everyone. As you know running a team isn't easy, you have to be willing to give up time etc and try, that's what I'm trying to do.

I had an operation last season and had biopsies taken, results returned as malignant, since then I've had another operation and they are now benign. Excuse me for putting my life ahead of a game, if that's not allowed in your little 'clan code of conduct', then IF or WHEN you face a similar time allow me to tell you what you can and shouldn't be able to do on an ONLINE game. I have another operation lined up but I will NOT allow my health to dictate what I do, the shock and realisation, plus coping with very bad news (preparations) were what initially triggered the decision.

Players were told the team were folding and all players were moved on, two had decided to leave beforehand for their own reasons (dv8 and bigcjl2)
faust
faust
16:03 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Again it's you taking this personally, I didn't even mention your name when raising this point. It's a point I'd raised before you'd ever captained a clan as well. After all, I only formed Uprising because skyblade kept folding his clans and I wanted stability.

As for your reasons for folding your team, that's now 8 different reasons you've given since it happened. Maybe try to pick one and stick with it! lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:08 Thu 20 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Again it's you taking this personally, I didn't even mention your name when raising this point. It's a point I'd raised before you'd ever captained a clan as well. After all, I only formed Uprising because skyblade kept folding his clans and I wanted stability.

As for your reasons for folding your team, that's now 8 different reasons you've given since it happened. Maybe try to pick one and stick with it! lol

Eight don't talk rubbish, I've always said it's been health related and the abuse I received. I don't need to tell you my life story - naff all do with you.

Also unless you have proof don't go making allegations and accusation about any of my players.
Pages: 14344
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.