FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18182
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:26 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
9us: Sub - Were on new tablets, did not agree with me, Gaz were available - he's better than me so 75% Tactical too - wanted the result
Was: _aquarius12_ vs horse10000
Is now: hippesville vs horse10000

Was: the__priest vs r1p0m4n_v2
Now: crazykid vs r1p0m4n_v2
- crazykid posted were online - Imran only person browsing at that time.

Was: _aquarius12_ vs davybaumers
Now hippesville: _ vs davybaumers
Mother not very well - possible cancer (Ultrasound on Weds am) so rushed to see her - gaz subbed in after posting unfortunately not able to play due to lag. Think you're forgetting the end result were lfc12 vs davybaumers and if that's tactical then REALLY?

Swap: My fault - My fault - Losing players and last thing wanted were lose another one - In hindsight should have left alone as crazykid is no longer in the team.
Was: (8us) crazykid vs miss_harriet & (9us) reminiscent vs crazy_greg
Now: (8us) reminiscent vs miss_harriet & (9us) crazykid vs crazy_greg

Was: jittzdulay vs anoneeemouse
Is now: friendyboy/jittzdulay vs anoneeemouse
Alex wanted another fixture and jittzdulay not the most reliable of players this season unfortunately due to work.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:32 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nobody is singling 15th man out. People are exclusively singling YOU out Ash. He have signaled his intent to cut down using the same tactics. I can't speak for everyone, but if he does - He won't be having anymore arguments from me. I just hope it happens before everyone votes for a needless rule change.

Me and faust very rarely agree but on this occasion we do, there is NO need for a Needless Rule Change. I will cut down the unnecessary subbing, swaps are in my opinion kept to as minimal as possible too. What I would appreciate is the ridiculous questioning and us feeling the need to justify every little action we make which results in us feeling segregated. The majority are for genuine and plausible reasons.

Before any Needless rule change, give us/me a chance to at least try and address your concerns, thanks.

Agreed here, If Subs/Swaps are kept to a minimum from XV Man and only when needed then in my opinion i would keep it as it is and hopefully the forums will be a better place too.

Really depends how long Ash has with season left to turn things around
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:34 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

* Tactical subbing - Most of XVTH Man subs are tactical, the players that they subbed out/swapped are usually active and never get defaults.

Even if this is true, the numbers and any tactical element can only either be stopped by no subs or limited by limited subs.

Otherwise the tactical element is totally acceptable because there is no other worthwhile option.

Which is why you use my idea of making a vote to decide whether tactical subs are needed or not before you touch the current system.

Once you know whether they are wanted or not you can tailor to suit.

I.e. if tactical subs are wanted then the system remains (but maybe with some slight changes to prohibit teams taking the mickey).

If not then tailor the system so that subs can only be made for a valid reason, i.e. inactivity, timezones so both teams need to agree etc.

Tactical subs are the root cause. At the moment there is no stance by the league and so it's not a level playing field. Some teams use them as they are well within their right too whilst others do not as they do not agree with them - That's where the arguing starts.

If we got clarification via a global vote on the issue then the rules could be addressed.
erigert
erigert
16:35 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah let the guy fool us for another season and then next season we are here again to discuss the change of rules lol.

Just open XVth man first page, when they were formed, and u will see none of the objectives that Ash said he would do were realised. I dont think that this time is different.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:37 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or change it to the easiest solution which is;

All subs/swaps need to be okayed by both teams.

If not then one of two things;

Either a runner or nominated neutral representative steps in and decides who is right.

Or the sub/swap doesn't be made and both teams put the information in their default stance.

Everyone get's too hung up about avoiding defaults. The above system is easy and simple.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:40 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah let the guy fool us for another season and then next season we are here again to discuss the change of rules lol.

Just open XVth man first page, when they were formed, and u will see none of the objectives that Ash said he would do were realised. I dont think that this time is different.

Oh so bitter!
That was for Team: Xiiith Man - Not relevant to the current side XVth Man.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:45 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

BTW Chris, as much as I see all the advantages of 6 frame formats, I'm fairly sure the vast majority of the site would like to see a return to 12 frame SL. Either way I'm not particularly bothered, but I'd be interested what all the other clans think. Personally, I consider the 8 frames in FBL to be a short format. If SL stays at 6 frames, I'd maybe like to see FBL extended to 10?

Or extended to 10 with the Event Bonuses switched from SL to FBL as they would only impact on the direct outcome of the game - ie the direction of the 2 points - rather than the whole fixture?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:47 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm sorry but how can we take his word on it? He has already said he will try bend any rule he can to the advantage of his team. While you have that mentality then we must change the rules so he can't spoil the league and justify it by saying he is captain of his team and no others. If he remains in charge of the team I am certain this will all be rehashed next year. If we are gonna go down the line of taking his word for it, if he breaks his word he gets removed from the league? Its not too much to ask to make subs when needed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:48 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or change it to the easiest solution which is;

All subs/swaps need to be okayed by both teams.

If not then one of two things;

Either a runner or nominated neutral representative steps in and decides who is right.

Or the sub/swap doesn't be made and both teams put the information in their default stance.

Everyone get's too hung up about avoiding defaults. The above system is easy and simple.

Thats pretty much my preferred option that I posted about an hour ago!!

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19738/fcl-general-discussion/82#1721588

Edited at 14:55 Fri 30/01/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Which is why you use my idea of making a vote to decide whether tactical subs are needed or not before you touch the current system.

You cannot separate tactical subs from subs though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm sorry but how can we take his word on it? He has already said he will try bend any rule he can to the advantage of his team. While you have that mentality then we must change the rules so he can't spoil the league and justify it by saying he is captain of his team and no others. If he remains in charge of the team I am certain this will all be rehashed next year. If we are gonna go down the line of taking his word for it, if he breaks his word he gets removed from the league? Its not too much to ask to make subs when needed.

Posted Image

Never Ending Guillotine with you , isn't it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:55 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

You cannot separate tactical subs from subs though.

Obviously you can't for all scenarios but you can try. Unless of course a captain is forcing a player to be inactive or such but you can't cater for that in any system.

Establish strict rules for substitutions. I.e. players can only be subbed due to inactivity or timezone issues or late on in the fixture if both teams agree. It also works the other way where one team can't block a sub if they deem the opposing team to be subbing in a stronger player if that team has valid reasons for the sub (say inactivity).

Instead of the current system where one team is quite entitled to sub out a weak player and put in a stronger player if they are losing.

Tactical subs do generally come down to opinions about players ability but you can eradicate the sub/swap freedom there is currently and make strict rules of when a sub/swap can be made.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:56 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Posted Image

Never Ending Guillotine with you , isn't it.
why not agree to it then everyone is appeased? Unless you don't think you are going to keep to your word?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
As faust has said take me at face value - I've signalled my intentions, I'm not going to satisfy you by saying I'll leave if they don't come to fruition. All i can do is try and no one under any circumstance should be forced to be put in any dilemma on a free family online game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:59 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
And that answer confirms we still need the rule changes.
erigert
erigert
17:00 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:02 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

IF you don't like it then why don't you leave? No one forces you to be in a clan - it's all voluntary.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:05 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

IF you don't like it then why don't you leave? No one forces you to be in a clan - it's all voluntary.
and trying to encourage a rule change so you can't manipulate the league is also voluntary. This is the road I'd much rather go down.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:10 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
The road i would like to go down is everyone is happy with rules and don't argue (Its just a discussion atm which is fine) but i know with personalities on pool then it is impossible
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:11 Fri 30 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
How about we all hold hands
Pages: 18182
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.