FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18586
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:50 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
ab_rfc & horse10000 (Alan & Keith) - would get my vote after all MVP were theirs and highly successful for many seasons back to back.

Failing that: whocares8x8 & dgeneratio (Seb & James) - Snookers still going and the spreadsheets do look very impressive. Makes sense for the same runners to work both sides of the funky spectrum. (5 years)

Ideally I'd like chris to return, not only did he work very hard but kept the leagues separate as much as possible and remained impartial and as fair as possible at all times. Even if he returned and trained someone else up. then if still wanted slip away then could knowing the foundations would be set and the leagues wouldn't suffer.

Who else is there?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:58 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Seb wouldn't do Pool mate, too busy at work but i'm more than happy to help, not run 4 leagues obviously as that would be suicide lol.

Alan and Keith would be good choices although you shouldn't base your choice on clan success.

Keith would be my favourite vote, Punkpoet is another one who might do it since he helps out anyway, and myself who just wants to help out not run 4 leagues.

If i became a Runner on my own then i would have to Cut one league as 4 leagues is too much for anyone to handle

Edited at 13:12 Sat 14/02/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:14 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't think going in to a new role you can make drastic changes immediately, surely they should be gradual? I think those who are interested need to speak up or at least nominate themselves then their potential changes be introduced and explained.

I think the leagues have become a little too 'routine' so maybe a spruce up and the excitement rekindled that could be a possible route to go. Who knows it's just my observation doesn't mean how they are at the moment isn't working.

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:19 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah, felt i had to put it out there as i can't run 4 leagues i would really struggle (I could manage at a push but not good stress wise) and i don't admit defeat often so before people considered electing me, i felt i should say now rather than later.
the__priest
the__priest
15:33 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
the staff are there already

you need a runner, staff can do fixtures
if required its an add on to updating the site
its an impartial runner that's important

and I said impartial, not someone who has already
had ago, someone who is willing to spend the time required and yes an existing mod would be preferential

having a clan captain is a no no for me
lmao we've been up that road before
we need impartiality
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:39 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
a) I'm not a Clan Captain although i'm more than qualified as ran clans for 7 years and Dollars & Cents for 5.

b) I am impartial and unbiased, been on defaults team for years.

"lmao"
the__priest
the__priest
15:45 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
a) I'm not a Clan Captain although i'm more than qualified as ran clans for 7 years and Dollars & Cents for 5.

"lmao"

been there before
nothing personal
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

"lmao"

been there before
hes also putting his name forward. Until you do perhaps practice what you preached on only the page before this. You spend all that time writing these long pieces of tripe and don't even listen, believe or follow what you write. Well done dgen for putting his name forward.
horse10000
horse10000
16:08 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I knew this day was coming I had hoped common sense would prevail and it would be at the end of the season. I am happy enough to sort out until the end of this season, if others are happy with this. For next season I think we need to find out who is interested in taking over and we can decide at the end of the season. If Sarah and punkpoet are interested we may be able to do something with those who were assisting Chris currently.
the__priest
the__priest
16:23 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I knew this day was coming I had hoped common sense would prevail and it would be at the end of the season. I am happy enough to sort out until the end of this season, if others are happy with this. For next season I think we need to find out who is interested in taking over and we can decide at the end of the season. If Sarah and punkpoet are interested we may be able to do something with those who were assisting Chris currently.

well done good shout
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:26 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah Horse go for it, As i said i would be willing to help with results etc, next season just not making league decisions.

And Craig, everyone deserves a second chance right? If not you would still be banned today (no disrespect but second chance is what got you here), and i would still be on a Post Revoke from years ago.

While agreed that some people have tarnished leagues so badly that they should not be considered but i have done little wrong except leaving when arguments got too bad and maybe some harsh decisions regarding gameplay but players can change and move the leagues forward in the right direction.

I don't want to run the leagues, just help with results etc and believe my spreadsheet can do that although runners can use their own tables should they wish
erigert
erigert
19:06 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I will help running but cant do it On my own
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:09 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Non Players would be better - keep impartiality. Just like Chris did

Runners: ab_rfc & horse10000
Admin: dgeneratio & anoneeemouse

That would be brilliant.

Edited at 17:17 Sat 14/02/15 (GMT)
faust
faust
19:24 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Anyone at all that is prepared to do it gets my vote. The current staff are efficient, and they just need a figurehead. The people mentioned on this thread and other threads - James, Eri, Keith, Sarah, Zac, Zak and Richie would all have my backing. I certainly wouldn't be interested, but I wouldn't care if another clan captain/player took over. I think I've only played in leagues run by Chris, Jay or Sarah and I've enjoyed them all.
erigert
erigert
19:27 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

That would be brilliant.

Horse dgen and sarah are non players?
If u have something against me then say it in a open way rather than make useless posts lol

And btw im part of the running team this season too, like it or not
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:47 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

That would be brilliant.

Horse dgen and sarah are non players?
If u have something against me then say it in a open way rather than make useless posts lol

And btw im part of the running team this season too, like it or not
only one of the four names he mentioned isn't involved in clans so he kinda negates his own point with his suggestions. As the single person most disruptive of the league this year I wouldn't worry one little jot what his thoughts on it are as he has already stated he will come at everything from the angle of what's best for him.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:50 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think horse10000 possibly could become a non player after all he's achieved everything within the game and deserves a running role IMO. The 2 admin I've mentioned actually have experience unlike yourself and the other one i wouldn't trust to run a bath. The same person who when a little pressure is applied will just log out, nah not strong enough.

So nothing personal as such against you, although i do happen to think you've turned into a waste of space (all be it a very good player) recently and use the fact you're a member of Uprising as giving you more authority and notoriety over everyone else.

So back to the main topic - Those would be my 4, 2 quality Runners who will be resolute when required, plus 2 admin who have been there and done it before. dgeneratio is doing a fantastic job over on the snooker side so why not implement his spreadsheet and ideas over on the pool one. Sarah is just simply Sarah, always gives her best and just gets on with any roles which she takes on.

Have you the experience which the others i've mentioned have?
Will you remain impartial? A little data entry doesn't make anyone worthy to be a runner.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
Rather than every man and his dog wading in with their own personal opinion and having the thread descend into chaos, why not leave this thread purely for those who are willing to offer help and have the current staff select the appropriate person(s)?

No point voting for people when you don't even know if they'd be interested and no point ruling people out who could genuinely help. Leave it to the right people to decide.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
I think the way the leagues have been run by chris has been great, done fairly due to him being a non clan player, all that is needed to keep this going is a non clan player with the same dedication to step into his position, won't be easy to find, I know what the leagues were like previously with clan players running the league and for the good of the leagues I really hope that can be avoided again, my names been mentioned but to be honest I really dont have the time to do this at the moment, I really hope you take your time and make sure you get the right person to ensure the smooth running of the leagues is continued.
erigert
erigert
19:58 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think horse10000 possibly could become a non player after all he's achieved everything within the game and deserves a running role IMO. The 2 admin I've mentioned actually have experience unlike yourself and the other one i wouldn't trust to run a bath. The same person who when a little pressure is applied will just log out, nah not strong enough.

So nothing personal as such against you, although i do happen to think you've turned into a waste of space (all be it a very good player) recently and use the fact you're a member of Uprising as giving you more authority and notoriety over everyone else.

So back to the main topic - Those would be my 4, 2 quality Runners who will be resolute when required, plus 2 admin who have been there and done it before. dgeneratio is doing a fantastic job over on the snooker side so why not implement his spreadsheet and ideas over on the pool one. Sarah is just simply Sarah, always gives her best and just gets on with any roles which she takes on.

Have you the experience which the others i've mentioned have?
Will you remain impartial? A little data entry doesn't make anyone worthy to be a runner.

Being part of Uprising gives me authority?
L M A O
Pages: 18586
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.