FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18788
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:36 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'd rather rejoin UB's than play any part in running this circus

That's a joke before I'm accused of personal abuse!

Shut up u tart!

Im irish i get your way of speaking sometimes

posh or not!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:41 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I leave for 3 days and this is what happens
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:54 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It would be strange if something didn't happen in 3 days on here, you never know In the next 3 you might find that the site doesn't even exist anymore
faust
faust
15:07 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It would be strange if something didn't happen in 3 days on here, you never know In the next 3 you might find that the site doesn't even exist anymore

Chris was more important than Nick and all of admin combined! Will be pretty impressive if we jump this hurdle - but I'm sure Keith will do great until the end of the season. I just hope he wants to continue after that!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:13 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Totally agree, and it seems admin were the reason why he's stepped down
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:17 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Was going to post Sideshow Bob saying "Big Shoes to Fill" but can't find it

Meanwhile, i don't think chris will totally be replaced much like janmb before him with his website but whoever takes over must have the patience of a saint in regards to arguments as i doubt they would be fully exterminated.

Unfortunately i don't have much patience although i can channel my emotions well so i wouldn't be right except a 'behind the scenes' kind of guy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:28 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ah well, if the arguments stopped, the running of the leagues would be better.

Whoever takes over the leagues, has to be impartial, of reasonable intellect and as James said, the patience of a saint.

Shouldn't be too hard to find someone to fit that criteria, but getting them to stay and do half as good a job will the difficult bit!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:36 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Do it chapster you have good knowledge of the procedure .
erigert
erigert
15:39 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
But Ash said no clan members unless its Keith Sarah or James
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

I did run the county league for my area for a season, until I had to move away.

I wouldn't mind doing it, I am a whizz with spreadsheets or if anyone had better ideas. Would I have to stop playing though?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

I did run the county league for my area for a season, until I had to move away.

I wouldn't mind doing it, I am a whizz with spreadsheets or if anyone had better ideas. Would I have to stop playing though?

I say no to stop playing. If your good enough to take it on your entitled to play .

Fair dues to you.
faust
faust
15:55 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Whoever takes over the leagues, has to be impartial, of reasonable intellect and as James said, the patience of a saint.

Shouldn't be too hard to find someone to fit that criteria, but getting them to stay and do half as good a job will the difficult bit!

If the arguments stopped? What are you saying? If someone acts like human filth, then we should just suck it up? In what other situation in life do you do that? Most of these arguments revolve around actions and statements that if were incorporated around a real pool table - would end in violence, nevermind angry words!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:58 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I doubt it makes much difference to be honest mate long as your unbiased which i believe you are
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:00 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

If the arguments stopped? What are you saying? If someone acts like human filth, then we should just suck it up? In what other situation in life do you do that? Most of these arguments revolve around actions and statements that if were incorporated around a real pool table - would end in violence, nevermind angry words!

I know this, in my first season of pool league, I was shoved into a wall and had a pool cue smashed inches from my fingers as a warning.

I am not saying suck it up, but if anyone does a 'tactical' sub, it's because they are trying to better the result for themselves, because they do not believe the person they have originally put into the fixture is good enough to play, I wouldn't take offence by it, take it as a compliment. It's his own players who should be taking the offense...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:02 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't mind trying out for it, as I have more time on my hands now, depends what others think. I have seen others say they wouldn't mind giving it a go, I don't want to tread on anyones toes.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:09 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think chapster would do a very good job.
Shouldn't rush into it though, let Keith finish the season up and put an advert for league runners on all the threads with a closing date that ties up with the end of the season.
That way everyone has a chance to think it through properly before committing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:49 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with tappy - Jamie will do a brilliant job, but Co-run it i would suggest at least at the start. Only have a small team too, you don't need a large entourage with only a few roles.

Choose wisely,

thegame26 (Richie) he could do it too but I don't think he'd like be on his own.

Both have my support - (hope that doesn't cripple ya lol)

Edited at 14:58 Mon 16/02/15 (GMT)
erigert
erigert
19:55 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with tappy - Jamie will do a brilliant job, but Co-run it i would suggest at least at the start. Only have a small team too, you don't need a large entourage with only a few roles.

Choose wisely,

thegame26 (Richie) he could do it too but I don't think he'd like be on his own.

Both have my support - (hope that doesn't cripple ya lol)

Edited at 14:58 Mon 16/02/15 (GMT)

U said no clan members yesterday? lol

Or does it count only for me? double lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:00 Mon 16 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Double standards yet again by admin.
the__priest
the__priest
09:56 Tue 17 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
the leagues only need a figure head
not some one changing things and fumbling around

everything is in place behind the scenes
and well maintained too
its not a challenge to do the work

its a challenge for a figure head to deal with the onsite crap
and petty squabbles

horse you AB are the only two who fit the criteria

I read chapster chucking his hat in,,, really
history has shown he cant keep his nose out of arguments
and makes snide comments (nothing personal just factual)
dgen sorry you had your chance before, history cant be allowed to repeat itself.

a mod is what's required, its proven that it works
channel your energy into persuading horse or AB
to be the figure head

and if needed beef up the backroom
with people who do work and not people who update
swaps and subs once in a blue moon
Pages: 18788
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.