World Cup 2014

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:49 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
your not really goin to see gerrard get alot of shots away unless free kicks, i honestly dont think he had a bad game. I got to agree wats with the johnson hate brigade, had a quality game didnt look troubled at all, Italys attacks well the threatening ones all came down englands left.

Still not to say cole should be starting, Baines poor game but no cover and the best left back in the prem
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:49 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the point of the World Cup is being missed here. Forget the negativity, let's just enjoy it while it lasts. Can't enjoy it more than a bit of blind support

It'll be over before we know it, and nothing beats a World Cup summer
professional
professional
21:38 Mon 16 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
germany wow
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Mon 16 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Portugal are shocking which doesn't make Germany look anything special - Germany ain't even having to try...all too easy.
chezz
chezz
02:53 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I would feel sorry for christiano ronaldo, being a world class player in a team with no chance of winning the would cup, but i don't!

why???!!!

Because he's an absolute winker (see what i did there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:51 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
CHRIST ALL GOES SILENT.....YES YOUR OVER RUN AND THE SOUTH HALF LOAF WILL DESTROY....ALSO rans ...where the next round Fix ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:01 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol!
I were doing the Super 6 scores last night asked me parents 2 predictions me dad said Italy vs Costa Rica 1-1 and me mum 4-0 Uruguay, she says we are England and Crap, due a beating lol. (nothing like Patriotism)

Got to love parents lol! So i went with it. Oh boy!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:09 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I said 2-0 Italy, 3-1 England (wishful thinking). Uruguay gotta be vulnerable defensively if Costa Rica can ship 3 past them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:30 Tue 17 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think 1-1 is a good shout, may both cancel each other out, Joel Campbell looks some player. Uruguay will run riot if they get an early goal, Suarez i think if we focus on him then Cavani, Cristian Rodriguez will have a field day. Hope we will but think they will be soooo embarrassed from last match they will do their utmost to ruin us.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:24 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well Spain have gone. Didn't see that one coming going into the start of the WC. Dutch are looking quite good; showing good character to come back and beat the Socceroos. What a goal by Tim Cahill though! Could it be better than Zidanes?

I think England have a chance tonight. I hope, if, Roy is playing Rooney, he plays him in the number 10 role. The lad is desperate to score a goal or two in a WC final, hence, why he started wandering in the Italy.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
13:47 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
They're looking good, but they can be got at. Spain proved a huge disappointment so Chile will be their greatest test in the groups. Germany look the best so far
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:25 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Chile, Colombia, Argentina in their 2nd half looked better than Germany, they played ok vs Portugal but was a training excercise for most as Portugal were rubbish. Put them vs a strong team then we'll see. I like Germany but been very impressed with Mexico, Croatia were brilliant last night too even before the elbow on the back from Song. (What was he thinking and United 15m for him, wouldn't bother will get huge ban I feel.) Ironically were on Rakitic I believe he just took his place at Barcelona.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:34 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Argentina were awful first half, Germans were coasting without going through the gears. Chile and Colombia look well organised outfits but they both still need to play a big team in form (I'm taking Spain out of that category because they've been poor this world cup).

Mexico and Croatia looked good against Brazil (Croatia very unfortunate), and it would be nice to see them both through if Cameroon beat Brazil and they draw with each other. Most likely not though, and it's almost going to be a knockout match. Hopefully a good one too, not just Mexico holding out for a draw

I think you weren't watching the match Ash, because it was Mandzukic that Song elbowed . Plus Song is a defensive midfielder, Rakitic is attacking so that's not a replacement. Huge overhaul at Barca, Rakitic is taking more of a Fabregas role.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:19 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol - yes it were mandzukic - (still ends with 'ic' c'mon lol).

Could be Netherlands vs Mexico, Brazil vs Chile - 2 very good matches and pretty much unpredictable just as the whole World Cup is this year.

Come on Colombia!!! Quintero and Cuadrado - 2 very good players on pitch now -
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:44 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Half the Croatian squad end in "ic"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:47 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Half the Croatian squad end in "ic"

I know, lol - that's my point
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:53 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Not good so far, new better passing. Rooney needs to score a goal really, pops up in good places but other than that he's been awful wandering away. Been a few times needs him in his central role where he is supposed to be and he's drifted outwards or dropped off short.

Jagielka needs to do better for their goal, should be tight on Suarez. He's not got full fitness so when he's using his energy you have to make sure he's sorted
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:57 Thu 19 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
No width, not once has Sterling run at them, utter dross so far, Uruguay ain't playing much better, that's the concerning thing. Come on England stick on Barkley and Lambert.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:17 Fri 20 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Need some positive changes now Roy.

Don't do like for like

Edited at 21:22 Thu 19/06/14 (BST)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:29 Fri 20 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Get Rooney off, he's either going to score or do noting and he's wasting too many chances now. Need a goal threat.
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Cup 2014

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.