so, 5-1

accounts for what, one decision
and that's football always blame the ref

typical people who know nothing about PLAYING football
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:44 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol,

On to something which matters: COME ON ENGLAND, not getting my hopes up though, be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Edited at 15:23 Sat 14/06/14 (BST)
cke1982
cke1982
19:32 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Over Rated: France (lost Ribery through injury)
Under Rated: Netherlands
Top Goal Scorer: Fred
Most Team Goals: Spain
Clean Sheets: Spain
Player of Tournament: Oscar or Koke
Finalists: Spain vs Brazil (IF Poss) if not Brazil vs Germany

(IF Reus is OUT that will galvanize the team to win it for him)

Write off Holland lol, ripped Spain apart, Van Persies first goal was goal of tournament.

chiles was goal of tournament persies was a longball and a header with no one on him superb lol
cke1982
cke1982
19:35 Sat 14 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I agree Zante, I also don't think it were a Penalty, so it should have been 1-0 Netherlands come Half Time.

I think that galvanized them for the 2nd half and they were simply unstoppable, I think Spain could struggle now vs Chile, so we could lose them in the Group Stage now.

Still tip Brasil to win the tournament as hoping Netherlands ain't peaked too early in the competition.

it was deffo a pen i wouldnt start going on about teams not winning the world cup or not making it till 2nd or 3rd games where they need to win 1st game means nothing its 3 points still 6 points to play for best games will be 2nd or 3rd games in the group when u have to get at least a point if u lose the first game brazil will be there by the quaters and costas was a deffo pen he took his leg

Chile will beat Australia 3-0
the__priest
the__priest
01:09 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
countdown to Englands game

come on ENGERRRRRRRRRRRRRLAND
franer_
franer_
01:22 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Hello there funkyenglandsupporters

I as you know am Irish..i follow an irish league and english Pl team.

However about tonights game..i feel if he starts with rooney and sturridge..and then come 60-65 mins no score..bring on sterling and barkley and go for it.

word is he starting sterling...id wait and let him loose after an hour..however i feel England can come through this match and will only struggle against uraguay and cost rica.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:24 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I would have chosen Barkley over Welbeck .... little disappointed.
cke1982
cke1982
01:50 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i would of chose lalana over welbeck and dropped a few others
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
03:05 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
so, 5-1

No one is really saying this, try to follow what's being said instead of distorting it in your head.

Rooney and Welbeck need to do a bit more defensively, particularly Rooney. Other than that it's been a good entertaining half, Sterling is on his way to Man of the Match
cke1982
cke1982
03:44 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
so, 5-1

No one is really saying this, try to follow what's being said instead of distorting it in your head.

Rooney and Welbeck need to do a bit more defensively, particularly Rooney. Other than that it's been a good entertaining half, Sterling is on his way to Man of the Match

not hard rest have been useless played to cautious
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:59 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Sterling were great 1st half, different player in 2nd - Johnson were useless once again. We looked better with Lallana and Barkley on, Baines had his worst match by far in an England shirt.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:01 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree, England were far too cautious. No possession meant they were completely exhausted. Masterclass from Prandelli and Pirlo. That free kick right at the end *wow*
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:07 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The rest were fine. Roy made bad changes, Barkley and Lallana were decent changes but why Wilshere? That changed nothing. Poor decision to take off Henderson, Welbeck and Sturridge. Rooney did one thing all game and was shocking all game long. Can't take Sturridge off when we need a goal to replace him with a midfielder. We brought Lambert to get a goal when we needed it, we need a goal and don't bother putting him on. Then after halftime we stopped swapping the wingers around too. Sterling stuck on the right lost most of his effectiveness.

A disappointing second half from England after a good first half
the__priest
the__priest
04:08 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
agree ross

but
wellbeck went off
we had no penetration, sterling couldn't do it by himself

gerrard shouldn't have been on the pitch tbh
Henderson carried him

I like gerrard but if thats all we had from him its shocking

I said earlier this week about a 4-4-2

it defo wasn't

rooney is a number 10
totally wasted out left

I truly didn't get Henderson and gerrard both to negative

system

4-2-3-1 again no bloody natural width
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:13 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree, I were thinking where's Lambert.

Rooney played out of position aint gonna get the best out of him, Sterling and Welbeck were surprisingly good, Wilshere were a waste of time. We need width, cross the ball in and get rid of Johnson - we need a proper Right Back.

Gerrard were shocking, he looked the most unfit out of the whole team and what's this cramp rubbish, only 1st match lol -
theshield
theshield
04:32 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So how does a 35 year old, who played 42 games for his club and doesn't get cramp in first match at World Cup but a 19 year old, who as played 34 games for his club ends up with cramp?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:33 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Even when Rooney got in good positions he was awful, he's got a great work rate going forward but defensive work rate was by far the poorest on the pitch. Johnson wasn't too bad, he had a few bad crosses but he wasn't the worst on the pitch. The second Italian goal was Cahill's to deal with, Johnson HAS to track the runner else it's a tap in at the near post that the keeper can't even move for. Cahill has him and looks to see Johnson isn't behind him, as a CB he has to deal with the CF in the box like. The fullbacks have to be aware of the runners coming in before they can cover out wide of the CB's.

Gerrard looked tired in the second half, youth beats experience for stamina so Gerrard should've been subbed off not Hendo. The cramp comes from our pace, we play a faster game which is harder in the heat. We could've had a few goals early while that pace was too much to deal with for the Italians. As soon as they got their second they were always going to defend that so adding a midfielder for a midfielder was useless. Need to go for more than one up top.

Lucky for us Uruguay need a win also, which will suit us. If they had won their first game then they could've done a similar thing and we'd have been in real trouble. We should get a couple of chances against them at least. Get rid of Rooney, dropping him for a game could do him good because it seems like he got picked (and stayed on) because of his wage
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:34 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So how does a 35 year old, who played 42 games for his club and doesn't get cramp in first match at World Cup but a 19 year old, who as played 34 games for his club ends up with cramp?

The 19 year old ran far further, is used to cooler weather, took more hits and the fewer games means he is more susceptible to cramp
chezz
chezz
04:38 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Plain and simple, people can say all they want about how well some players performed, but what did the 2 little numbers say at the top left?

The result is all that matters, and people saying that the youngsters played well, i do agree, but it's irrelevant, what would you rather have, a poor performance and win, or good performance and lose, its plain and simple... we lost, and it is imperative that we win the next game, but you already knew that
chezz
chezz
04:39 Sun 15 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

The 19 year old ran far further, is used to cooler weather, took more hits and the fewer games means he is more susceptible to cramp

Totally agree, i would like a video of pirlo sprinting anywhere, but its what he does, and it's effective, which was a shame lol
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Cup 2014

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.