FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 189
hippesville
hippesville
22:40 Mon 23 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:56 Mon 23 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lmao zante you missed off instant bans for asking people if they need a crayon
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
23:03 Mon 23 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
What a fantastic idea, we will channge fbl to the funky behaviour league, whoever behaves the most and posts the least wins league.
Its a great way to decide best virtual pool team

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:12 Mon 23 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agree Keith except banning players straight away, give them a warning first then a suspension.

We have a case on Snooker on a person who keeps being picked for clan games but that person keeps leaving or refusing to play matches.

^ that is far worse than any argument and that player only has a warning so far.

I can't see arguments dying anytime soon, minor ones don't need to be punished but those who get out of hand, maybe give them a friendly word but if its beyond that stage then maybe warn them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:23 Mon 23 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Definite suspensions for people who talk about snooker non stop
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:31 Mon 23 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Listen mate, i don't care what Poolers think, We don't moan if Poolers talk about their League not that they do anyway.

I posted as its an example on how something can be bigger than an argument.

Suspend me if you like, i don't care, less games to play
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
00:06 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
^ snooker has it own issues with defaults so I think that should be kept separate but the ideas can be great across both pool and snooker

Why change something that has worked great? Apart from a new league owner all the leagues have been awesome!

Keith's idea is to reduce arguments on the forums which I agree with, if we all could get on for the effort of the clans and reduce the silly fights then it will be a game of proper clans!

Look at pre season games no fights or arguments because everyone in each team is trying to get a game played, so why does this need to change
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:13 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
^ snooker has it own issues with defaults so I think that should be kept separate but the ideas can be great across both pool and snooker

Yes maybe it should be kept separate and maybe i should have thought about Poolers before i posted.

However my post wasn't about any site vs site competition like everyone seems to think, it was because theres worse things about arguments out there and i thought i would use it as an example (sorry but i seem to do it a lot).

If people want a Pool example, fine, When i was a runner a player manipulated the fixture sheets for his own personal gain, now thats even worse than my example.

Anyways worse things than arguments, yes gets stale after a while but if it gets too heated then tell a staff member or a runner who can deal with it
the__priest
the__priest
02:49 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Definite suspensions for people who talk about snooker non stop

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and perfect golf breaks
and people eating kit kats
the__priest
the__priest
02:54 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Why change something that has worked great? Apart from a new league owner all the leagues have been awesome!

Keith's idea is to reduce arguments on the forums which I agree with, if we all could get on for the effort of the clans and reduce the silly fights then it will be a game of proper clans!

Look at pre season games no fights or arguments because everyone in each team is trying to get a game played, so why does this need to change

the leagues have been the best they have been for many years

maybe admin or mods should also crack down harder on offenders

I've noticed recently, that some of the names I've been called lead only to a mute, unreal really

however, maybe admin and mods should crack down early rather than at the end

then issues slapped wrists, in real life some of the things being said would end up in a law court

lets see more active mods and admin

please

and remember there are young people on this site too
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
07:19 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Swings and roundabouts, I've seen you call people scum with no provocation. It's not just a minority of people, it's a large group of people. Difference now is that there are several catalysts.
hahahaha
hahahaha
10:04 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
After last season m8, I just want to be able to enjoy playin clan stuff.
Different clan will have a difference, but I don't wanna see it going on as it did.
I'm not sayin I'm innocent, but there are a good few people who could take a look at themselves as well and wonder how they would have felt had their team had points deducted for their behaviour. Granted some won't give a damn, but that just shows them up and nobody would have them.

As for yer points about who would and wouldn't have moved that's just yer opinion

The original suggestion was that individuals would face suspension for misbehaving on the forums. The point was that those who do it a lot would be missing from games so it would punish their team if they had one of their players unavailable for selection. I think most are aware that there is a core that misbehave every season, it was an attempt to try and punish them and hope that they see sense and we put the 'fun' back into funky.

The other option is that I could just disallow them all from the leagues and see if peace prevails

I can't see what that will do If people can still post. I had retired from clans on here but now still myself in another clan so do me a favour please mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is banning me from the league likely to make me post more or post less? I gave an example to prove the point it's down to interpretation and funnily enough no one answered what would happen in that scenario. It's because answering the scenario in itself would create MORE arguments. I wrote the word more in caps to highlight suspensions and bans would in fact create more arguments on threads.

I've said this before I do not represent anyone else on this site other than myself. My views are my own and the threads I choose to post have been chosen by me for reason I feel merit. If you choose to inhibit me from playing for my team because of your opinion and not the site rules be very assured this would not sit well with me and of course in turn create more posts from myself, wherever I see fit.

If you want to stop fights on the threads simply address your team and your captains yourselves. There have been plenty occasions where an argument has started and a few folk have blamed bullying and a 'group' of individuals rather than actually taking a step back and looking at the root problem. All these people saying they don't like the arguments have fuelled and contributed to plenty. If you don't like them so much shut your pie hole and don't get involved.
hippesville
hippesville
14:26 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'd say if you were banned from the league and continued to post, then Admin or Mods would deal with it.
erigert
erigert
14:33 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is Hitler still alive?

Banning people from the league cause they argue? Thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while lol
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:46 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I happen to think horse10000 said that in jest, well I'd hope he did as those who not only cause conflicts but maintain them are equally as guilty so they'd be no teams really.

I must say I personally have enjoyed this nice quite time and helped to reflect on things a bit more. We (Fearless Knights) would like to try and get through this next season as competitive as normal but without arguments. Looking back and reading some of them, a lot are blown out of proportion and said in the heat of the moment. It's an online game for crying out loud, let's just try and compromise where possible, not try to manipulate one another and all try and meet the same Common End Goals those being; ALL fixtures completed and as Amicably as possible.

The arguments go on far too long and need to be stopped way before they have chances to escalate. Would be great if we didn't have any so before the season we will post our own clan objectives/practices we will be adhering too so EVERYONE is made aware.

I'm NOT here to argue, here to have some FUN and try to WIN as many games as possible (The Team). We will not be making ANY Subs/Swaps within the first 7 days (only if unavailable or deactivated).

Hopefully that will assist with encouraging a little more peace and quiet.

erigert
erigert
14:50 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I happen to think horse10000 said that in jest, well I'd hope he did as those who not only cause conflicts but maintain them are equally as guilty so they'd be no teams really.

I must say I personally have enjoyed this nice quite time and helped to reflect on things a bit more. We (Fearless Knights) would like to try and get through this next season as competitive as normal but without arguments. Looking back and reading some of them, a lot are blown out of proportion and said in the heat of the moment. It's an online game for crying out loud, let's just try and compromise where possible, not try to manipulate one another and all try and meet the same Common End Goals those being; ALL fixtures completed and as Amicably as possible.

The arguments go on far too long and need to be stopped way before they have chances to escalate. Would be great if we didn't have any so before the season we will post our own clan objectives/practices we will be adhering too so EVERYONE is made aware.

I'm NOT here to argue, here to have some FUN and try to WIN as many games as possible (The Team). We will not be making ANY Subs/Swaps within the first 7 days (only if unavailable or deactivated).

Hopefully that will assist with encouraging a little more peace and quiet.

Its simple. If u dont want to be involved in arguments then dont take part in them. No one foces anyone where and when to post.
the__priest
the__priest
14:52 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Zante

you maybe heard, but are you truly listened too
there is a minority of people on here who cause 99%
of rubbish on the threads

you sit in judgement, I fear you really are starting to believe
everything you post
its a sad reality, when people sit back and watch bullying and condone it, that really is the sad thing today.

bullying is a fact of life, it does go on and the personal things that are said truly have no place on this site or in
any walk of life

you may want to take your blinkers off

Bullying can be done in a number of ways. Someone might be bullying you if they are:
Calling you names
Spreading lies about you
Teasing you
Hitting or kicking you and causing you physical pain
Pushing or pulling you about
Taking your money or possessions
Leaving you out or excluding you
Threatening or intimidating you
Texting you horrible messages
Filming you on their mobile phones and spreading it about
Sending you horrible emails or messages on Facebook and other social networking websites.

definitely take your blinkers off, this does go on, its a shame admin and mods don't stamp on it

I watched and read posts made about Ash and the personal
things said
it was disgusting at best

how anyone can condone that type of behaviour should be ashamed of themselves
hahahaha
hahahaha
14:53 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'd say if you were banned from the league and continued to post, then Admin or Mods would deal with it.

Hahahaha at this!!! Wonder why they won't deal with it in the first place then rather than implement a pointless rule that will only make things worse...

The trouble is, mods just haven't got any idea how to handle things which is why It's resulting to this because they don't know what else to do

Here comes the funky saint with the usual tripe...
erigert
erigert
15:06 Tue 24 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Bullying can be done in a number of ways. Someone might be
Sending you horrible emails or messages on Facebook and other social networking websites.

I watched and read posts made about Ash and the personal
things said
it was disgusting at best

how anyone can condone that type of behaviour should be ashamed of themselves

So considering the terminology used, should Ash be banned from the leagues too?

Edited by forum moderator ab_rfc, at 17:10 Tue 24/03/15 (GMT)
Pages: 189
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.