FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
fatmikee
fatmikee
21:00 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Grab me 1 two lol.
hahahaha
hahahaha
21:06 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nonsensical to punish a team because an individual has a grievance. If I was to send in a team sheet for a game, and subbed out every player, or swapped every fixture to gain advantage, and did this in every league against every opponent - would it be wrong of opposing teams to complain about it on our thread? Of course it wouldn't! All it takes for the bickering to stop is for people to not act like douchebags in the first place.

From what I've seen it's been a lot more than 'complaining and bickering'

As for comment at top from hahahaha, 'Captains can't tell their players what to do'?????......who is running the team?

If you're genuinely delicate enough to think there are examples of c_yber bullying, that is illegal. Send you evidence in to the police and see how far you get!

I suppose that would depend on how far anyone would want to take it, but in my eyes it's pretty bloody close
Like I said, there's no I in TEAM. Captains should be dealing with it.

So If someone is breaking forum rules It's upto there captain to sort them out, is that what your saying?
hippesville
hippesville
21:20 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol

On a serious note, are you saying that captains should be able to tell there players where they can and can't post hippes?

Lmfao serious note
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:21 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captains can tell players but it is down to the player if they wants to listen or not. If not the Captain can tell a runner or moderator if the situation gets out of hand.

People tend to listen to a Runner over a Captain as they have 'Authority' but a post from Staff means people listen 99% of the time, if not posts get edited or removed as i have seen on Snooker recently.

Players tend to listen to a person with "power" and control over the site or league more than Captains or Members.

People can only advise, it is down to the Player to listen
hahahaha
hahahaha
21:25 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well It was a serious question hippes as you seem rather upset, guess your not even sure yourself

I see what your saying dgen, don't you think It's likely to cause more arguments more than anything else tho?

Edited at 19:30 Thu 19/03/15 (GMT)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:37 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captains are there to help games get played, maintain the clan and liaison between the clan and other clans/league. Not to order people in their clan about. There's no contract, so no reason to order anyone about.

Individuals are representative of themselves not their clans. Bullying goes one way, what happens on the forums goes both ways. Feigning victimisation does not amount to bullying. The ironic thing is there are a group of individuals that talk about "a same few", and they always seem to talk about them because they disagree with their ideas. If you take a step back, you'll see where the real issues are and the truth behind the truth.

The same few hostile people, bemoaning and getting into an argument with those who stand up against crap and give it back, to those that give but can't take.

Only way I can see it being reasonable to punish a team is to give a ban or suspension to a player and not allow that player to be replaced. So if a player was banned for two fixtures then they couldn't replace them if they left without the replacement having a ban too. Else it ruins the league to give a points deduction. I wouldn't want to win if it was by the amount of points a rival clan was deducted.
hippesville
hippesville
21:38 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
To me it's a Team game and the onus is on enjoying playing pool.
Captains pick their Team. Therefore it is up to the Captain to keep his Team in line and take on any problems encountered.
hippesville
hippesville
21:43 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Asking me if players need Captains permission to post is not a serious question. I am talking about disputes which should be left to the Captain to sort out before there's any Mud-slinging!

Upset???? .....more like confused by your posts tbh :s
faust
faust
21:43 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
To me the clan leagues should be exactly the same as the pool leagues in real life. You only get punished for cheating or fighting in my league. Everything else is fair game! We're all adults, and can police ourselves for the most part.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:48 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I see what your saying dgen, don't you think It's likely to cause more arguments more than anything else tho?

Can do but with some arguments over past few weeks it can't be much worse.

If a Runner or Staff posts maybe players will listen. Even Nightly Caps have helped with situations that may implode.

Players may call you a 'grass' for running to a staff member (i have told staff in past on snooks if arguments get too heated).

Way i got taught is to stay out of arguments and let it run its course or let Staff deal with them
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
21:54 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I hate arguments
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:02 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captain - Definition

1. The person in charge of a ship
(synonyms:commander, master, skipper)
2. The leader of a Team, especially in sports
(Synonyms: skipper, leader, head)
3. be the captain of (a ship, aircraft, or sports team).
(synonyms: command, skipper, run, be in charge of, have charge of, control, have control of, govern, preside over, direct, rule, manage, supervise, superintend)

The whole point in allocating Captains whether be CC's or VC's is to identify and give the other teams a figure-head to contact should they have any issues, enquiries, require action to be taken within their team. This is another issue or bone of contention, too many chiefs and not enough Indians is a recipe for chaos and disruption.

All teams should allocate the set amount of Captains and keep to them - not allocating the WHOLE side.

IF the League Runners are solely in charge with how the Leagues Run and Function then there should be NO arguments and we can ALL get along and have that 'fun' which we are meant to be here for.

I don't make demands to my players, I will make requests if and when feel necessary - again another thing which should remain private or kept offline. A team functions very well if they have good leadership and a strong core of reliable players - without either one they are destined for a rough ride or failure.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:27 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Completely disagree, look at the clans from last season that operate freely and consider everyone as a VC: Pro's and Uprising (and to some degree Unbeatables). They have captains, but largely everyone has their say and can make subs, etc. But those are the most fluent clans who can take any problems they have in their stride. The true sign of good leadership is if they clan can act the same when the leader is taken away and those clans have proven that because of where they are and the length of time they've lasted. (I can't comment on PD's, because of a lack of knowledge on them and Zac being ever present for them).

Look at the more strict clans. There have been arguments because a player got a game played by making a sub and their clan leader thought they shouldn't have. Strict leadership won't work here. Give me an example of where there's been a problem with having too many chiefs. Good leadership is flexibility, not rules which attract problems from outside the clan as well as from within. Clans that operate freely, have less defaults and problems.

Restraints on Captaincy is a bad move, because you limit the amount of people that can make subs then. Do you want a game unplayed because those captains weren't online? no, because that is just ridiculous.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:28 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Subs Windows

Was thinking we could have set days for subs...
subs allowed for any reason on
day 4
day 7
day 11
Swaps unlimited from day 12

That would mean
An end to leaving subs until the last day, teams would have to act on subbing their inactive players.
3 days where any sub requests happen so less arguments
Players given the time and space to arrange their games properly without being forced to be on all deadline weekend.
An end to allthe deadline default post arguments
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:30 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
The clans with good leadership are the ones who last through anything. A clan that doesn't need it's leader to be there means it isn't dependent on them which is good. Where they do need them, they die without them and don't last too long.
hippesville
hippesville
22:47 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some may be more worried about their team being punished than others.
To me it'd be the best way to tackle the problem, and should give most Captains nothing to worry about.
My point has been made and that's me done on it
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
23:21 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
A TEAM should always have a focal point - The Captain - doesn't mean the team cannot function without them, if they cant then it isn't a good one. The Captain is to steer, point, direct, coordinate the team through their season.

Not saying Players aren't capable of doing it themselves, surely if there's a point of contact it's easier to navigate and address possible issues through one person than a multitude of people and players and end up with miscommunication or treading on each others toes.

I have no doubt you'll disagree Zante - comes with the territory.

Edited at 21:24 Thu 19/03/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:44 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
ok so hippesville your comment about petrol and what not, I think you should be banned from the site, you contest it was a 'joke', should your team be punished for it? Should you be individually punished for it?

That's where there is a major flaw in not simply allowing the site rules to dictate what happens. Our two points of view on the comment are poles apart and if you had the same differing views with a league runner, under the rules you want, your clan gets punished. This whole punishing out with site rules is a complete non starter.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:52 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
You use words that don't really apply to a funkypool captain, but to a generic leader. In what way does a captain direct their team through a season?

They bring players in (but that can be done by a recruiter), they send the team list in, they make subs. They don't give players a style of play to follow or be directed to. Players have their own style.

Look at what the league site says, rather than a simple definition (because a boat captain's duties don't really apply on here do they?): 1.2 Captain/Manager's responsibilities
Captains/Managers will be the primary point of contact between the League Runners and the clan. They will be approached to submit team lists and are expected to make sure their players are aware of which games they need to play and by what deadline.

That's all they need to do.

Surely 16 points of contact are better than 1, else you message a player only to wait for the right person to come on. How is it easier to wait. All you do is post on the clan thread and the appropriate person will respond. If everything is transparent and for all to see, they're is no treading on people's toes. The whole point of the flexibility is that toes can't be tread on because people aren't following silly rules and they actually get things done.

The point of a VC is to act as a captain when he isn't around, so the best way to be always covered is to have more VC's. What good is having someone to cover a captain's absence when they don't cover the absence.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:54 Thu 19 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
They don't give players a style of play to follow or be directed to. Players have their own style.

You're doing faust a disservice! He is my muse.
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.