_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
22:55 Wed 4 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Tut tut, you'll have it back on you on the 21st anyways
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
04:25 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
We can all quickly change who we support based on success... I'm a Manchester United fan (not Man U) < drives me mad! However even going home and away games I'm a big supporter of smaller teams in lower leagues.... Not many on here like that, I remember Niall and Chris etc but all the new LCFC are now on here what a great season for them, I'll put my yearly wage they will finish mid table next year. This has to be a freak shock in the PL? Saying that look at Chelsea they won the league then did the full reserve I don't know anymore.... Put some cash on Burnley lol
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
06:25 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm a Manchester United fan and been too several matches too including friendlies but depends on IF we bother to get rid of LVG and appoint Mourinho straight after the FA Cup final whether we stand any chances next campaign.

I think Liverpool could be the team to watch next season, Jurgen Klopp is a very good manager and this will be his first transfer window with a quite lavish transfer budget. He managed Dortmund fantastically well and seeing some of the players he's currently being linked with like Zielinski, Pulisic etc they could be awesome next season. even read ...not sure I believe it but Courtois in goal for Liverpool next season. Could be exciting times for a Liverpool fan.

I hope we appoint Mourinho, he releases the dead wood and brings in some quality such as Kroos, Sanches, Silva, Varane, Griezmann or Ibrahimovic etc - but we'll see. It will be a huge disappointment if LVG remains - the guys deluded.

I will predict the winners of the Premier League next season will be Man City though - Pep Guardiola with unlimited funds is a scary prospect - he will build a team full of galacticos and they will IMO run riot and rings against everyone next season....hope not.

I want United to win it but we need to make changes and QUICK or we could be left even further behind.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
12:15 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Being linked with positive defensive signings, the big one so far is Hart because Pep wants Ter Stegen. Might get him on the cheap too. It's our year this year (for the 17th year in a row )

Seriously though, the ambition is Champions League. Not running before we can walk. If that is achieved this season then all the better. Before Klopp we were pretty defeatist about finishing out of the top four so to have had an outside chance going into the last part of the season was better than we had hoped for. Once we can consistently challenge for CL is when we will have title ambitions. If it happens like Spurs where a title run comes from top 4 challenging then that would be great. But we need a good top four finish before challenging outright I feel. Gonna be a lot of teams with the same ambition though should be at least 3 going for the title outright and maybe 8-9 teams optimistic of a top four challenge.
budweiser
budweiser
13:14 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Last weekend of Championship / League 1 & 2...

Whats people views for this weekend...

Who will be promoted?

Can Brighton beat Middlesbrough?

Will Newcastle beat A Villa?

Sunderland to beat Chelsea?

Norwich to beat Man United?

budweiser
budweiser
13:28 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Its not all about how good the manager is, its about will the team listen & aim for their goals for the club. On the day the players need to preform / bond & show they can be the better than the other team.

Leicester is the best team in the UK & is very possible for them to finish in top 3 again. As for other teams the standard is very low, maybe Tottenham, West ham, Liverpool is the next best but for me the rest hasnt proven enough this season. If you want to win, it will show!

Leicester, Claudio Ranieri is amazing, but the team reflects just how good they listen on the day and before the match by the results.

Want to win the title you need to show you can set an example to the rest.

I really hope Brighton come up, maybe top 6 finish for them...
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
13:39 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Newcastle must beat Villa otherwise I expect them to go down. Worst team in the league by far, win keeps them out the relegation zone (and they could do with putting a brace past them to help GD). They will want Spurs to win at Southampton otherwise Spurs may need a result against Newcastle on the last day to secure 2nd, if there's nothing to play for for Spurs then they might get a result.

I think Sunderland would be happy with a draw, I wouldn't risk a loss trying to win because they can get the job done against two teams in poor form afterwards and a point against Chelsea could mean they need one win.

Norwich are still struggling I think, same final 2 games as Sunderland though against two poor form teams. If they got something against United (who are very much a different team home and away) at home then maybe they could pick themselves up for the fight.

Don't know about the Championship game though, very much in the balance.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
13:49 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Leicester have to hold on to their players. Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater are huge players for them who I think will have some serious bids. I think they have cover for Vardy (or could get it) but the others I have doubts about if they could replace so easily. Kante in particular is the heartbeat of that team. Teams have to offer big money for him cause he could make a team a title winner. I think Mahrez and Kante will be sold and I think Leicester will be around 6th based on that.
punkpoet
punkpoet
20:50 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
We can all quickly change who we support based on success... I'm a Manchester United fan (not Man U) < drives me mad! However even going home and away games I'm a big supporter of smaller teams in lower leagues.... Not many on here like that, I remember Niall and Chris etc but all the new LCFC are now on here what a great season for them, I'll put my yearly wage they will finish mid table next year. This has to be a freak shock in the PL? Saying that look at Chelsea they won the league then did the full reserve I don't know anymore.... Put some cash on Burnley lol

haha aimed at me ...

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19267/pocket-dynamos-chapter-3/62#1567661

3 years ago lol.
how far back do i have to look? tbh took me 1 minute was looking for a vid of a goal of chris woods i posted lol

Edited at 18:02 Thu 05/05/16 (BST)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:15 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I follow & go to Port Vales matches too (when I can) - Money can never replace the real passion you get from the terraces and the players when they play for pride and not give a jot what they can make a week financially.

That's the biggest problem with Football nowadays it's more a brand & franchise (Business) than a game where dreams and aspirations originated from.
the__priest
the__priest
23:01 Thu 5 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
zante

I love the positive's there I agree with nearly all

Sunderland have now lost 1 in 8
but have only won one
I fear for us this season, we've been down here way to long
with all the comings and goings

I feel we now have a manager who can prove himself at Sunderland with a lot of money to spend

the only thing is, I fear it maybe to late
not negative thoughts

just another day in the life of a Sunderland supporter
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:02 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Sunderland have it in their hands ultimately, too close to call though. Too many ifs and buts.

What a result tonight though, absolutely blew Villa Real away. Fantastic run in the Europa and the only blot on that was last weeks last minute loss from what should've been 0-0. Up against another good side going for three Europa League Trophies in a row. Should be a cracking match. Manchester City, that's what you needed to do!
erigert
erigert
02:01 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Villa Real sounds like a mix of Aston Villa and Real Madrid
immortal
immortal
17:34 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I would like too see Leicester make another run too regain the title next season, looking forward too seeing who they bring in with all the cash they will be getting. I don't think they will lose many first team players though.

I agree Crazzy, people change who they support all the time too try and glory hunt It is why i have never supported a team in the BPL, i follow quite a few of them though and over the years i have bought some strips based on how nice they look. Only ever been one team for me in football and that is Rangers. Teams i have mainly followed this season from start too finish is Newcastle, Chelsea, Leicester and West Ham.

Mainly Newcastle and West Ham though, its about time West Ham had some good performances and if Leicester winning the title was not a great season then i think a great season award could go too West Ham.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:11 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I support Rotherham United (Hometown), In wrestling i've supported Triple H since Evolution in 2003 and on Snooker, Ronnie O'Sullivan for about 10 years for his entertainment. Golf is Tiger Woods and on Pool i think its a mix of Reyes and Strickland.

These won't change for me.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:24 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Leicester won't be half as good next season regardless who they buy. They've been the best and most consistent team this season and rightfully finish as worthy champions. I do think they endured an easier season than other teams with injuries, suspensions, unexpected defeats against the top teams and Chelsea's very poor start to the season. They just capitalised on much good fortune as well as played brilliant football.

Do I think Leicester will be champions again...no! Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, even Tottenham will be all out with something to prove next campaign. New managers entering the Premier League fray with their teams fans expectations to match. Leicester will be lucky to emulate and finish in the top half next season IMO they will be hunted down by EVERY team.

I'd love United to be champions but have a feeling Pep Guadiola will be awesome at Man City and the team he could potentially build could be mind blowing. Liverpool are my dark horses...painful to say.
the__priest
the__priest
20:42 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
let Leicester enjoy being champions
they haven't even finished this season

well done Leicester

tomorrow is massive for Sunderland

Howay the Lads
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:48 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree there but those who think it can be replicated next season are misguided imo.

Good Luck Sunderland tomorrow, did I see Jan Kirchoff player of the month?
the__priest
the__priest
21:01 Fri 6 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Jan Kirchoff
yip he was, class player for us
cost next to nothing from Bayern Munich
his quality is there to be seen

its players like this we need t hang onto if we go down
Pages: 14142
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2015 / 2016 Season