Back to Forum List.

Pages: 14849
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:27 Sun 22 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Sturridge first team apps in last two years: 43
Shaw first team apps in the last two years: 28

Sturridge gets the headlines, but Luke Shaw is just as injury prone

Gotze can play midfield, wing or striker and with his quality he would be a great signing for us. Firmino is the same.

I think we need a defensive midfielder and left back most. Left back looks to be covered if we sign Chilwell. I like the looks of Wanyama but I'm not sure we'd go for him. Kante would be a good one too but I don't know how much we can pick apart a national treasure . I hope they focus on keeping hold of Vardy and Mahrez and let Kante go because he is just as important to them.
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:51 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
If Kante goes I think a bigger team will get him than liverpool tbh, I just think hes so highly rated alot of teams will want him, same with Mahrez, I can see Drinky playing for Liverpool but don't feel he will leave, Ive been wrong before I didnt think combiaso would leave as well lol.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
23:07 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Mario Gotze going to stay at Bayern Munich - now there's a surprise.
immortal
immortal
23:10 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Gotze would not leave the best German team too come and play for any top club in England...

I heard there is rumours of Hazard making a debut too some Bundesliga team as well, wonder if there may be any truth too that.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:01 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think the story is over yet, he's not signed a new contract and Ancelotti hasn't changed his stance on Gotze's position at the club. He's getting no where near the gametime a player of his quality should be. If he's not coming to Liverpool I think another club will be going in for him.
the__priest
the__priest
20:34 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
crap way they binned LVG

merited or not
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:28 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
2 sackings in nearly 30 years and both have been botched. Even the clubs that get rid of managers twice a season give them a bit of dignity .
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:39 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Suppose at least we waited a day between announcing the replacement unlike Liverpool who sign a goalkeeper to replace their current one mignolet.

I agree the way it's been handled hasn't been it's best but there was absolutely no method or way to keep it away from being leaked to the media, especially with social media nowadays.

Also his agent is known worldwide so his whereabouts/agenda/diary will be leaked as well one one or another.

At least the gentleman's agreement between LVG and Ed Woodward was kept too, laying on a private jet for the departing LVG before announcing his dismissal. I'm sure other managers have been treated much worse, take Man City for instance. Replaced Mancini with Pellegrini who just happened to be invited personally by their Chairman. Mancini knew nothing about it.

So yeah it could have been handled and dealt with in a more professional manner but we aren't used to replacing managers as we have a team supported with a winning history and mentality. How many managers have Liverpool had in those 30 years lol???

Edited at 19:46 Tue 24/05/16 (BST)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:32 Tue 24 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Back comparing? we've not had the replacement for a manager in before the sacked manager even knows he's been sacked! Mourinho told LVG or he found out through media reports. He was clueless and it's been going on for months. At least City didn't lead Pelligrini on.

That makes absolutely no sense. We've signed a young keeper to give Mignolet first team competition not to replace him. A more apt comparison with keepers is how you mislead Valdes about his role at the club and treated him poorly.

Every other club manages to do it, all it needed was to tell LVG exactly what would've kept/lost his job. Throughout he was lead to believe he was seeing out his contract. He found out through means other than the club. Even though the people who should tell him were with him, they didn't bother.

And if Ferguson wasn't winning things he would've been sacked. You didn't have to stick by your team through thick and thin. It's easy to support a team winning as many things as United did. Now you're on tough times and you've had two managers in three years. Welcome to the Premier League. You are now nothing stand out from other clubs, you've just been spoilt with trophies and now it's gone you've become one of those clubs that gets rid of managers if they don't win enough trophies rather than showing any patience.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:38 Thu 26 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
JOSE MOURINHO!!!!! Welcome to the BEST Team in the World !!!!

punkpoet
punkpoet
00:16 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
JOSE MOURINHO!!!!! Welcome to the BEST Team in the World !!!!

Hes joining Barcelona???

TBF Ash Man Untd came 5th !!! Can't be the best in the world !!!.
Probably is Barcelona.
the__priest
the__priest
01:02 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
any news on any signings
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:24 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Not yet but Kostos Manolas supposedly been bid for £30.3m. So Defence is a good start

I believe Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a DEAD CERT to join MUFC now.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:28 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Arsenal signed a very good player yesterday in Granit Xhaka - also supposedly bid 28m for Morata - but he's keen on playing under Jose again instead. Arsene Wenger not gonna be happy.
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
01:32 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Club Ash, not team lol
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:44 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Club Ash, not team lol

That's not very nice - I don't condone any violence

JOSE MOURINHO!!!!! Welcome to the BEST CLUB in the World !!!!

the__priest
the__priest
02:09 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
with the money available this season I can wait for the signings for all clubs

its gunna be mega
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:22 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
So how many seasons will he stay; 1, 2 or 3?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:05 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
As long as he's enjoying himself, the teams competing on all levels then for as long as he likes. 3 year contract with the option of a 4th is what he's signed.

Exciting times!!!

26/05 being such a poignant day of the year.

Sir Matt Busby Born (1909)
United won the treble (1999)
Mourinho won CL with Porto (2004)
David De Gea signed for United (2011)
Mourinho agrees to be United manager (2016)

AWESOME!!!

Edited at 16:08 Fri 27/05/16 (BST)
apples_back
apples_back
16:12 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I am just going to love it when Manchester United finish in the bottom 10 next season and Mourinho has a mental break.

As with what seems like every season for the last 3 years, it looks like Manchester United are going to have to flog their dead meat and bring in extremely expensive signings and pray that the team can gel together in the short time to the start of the season.

I expect Ibrahimovic to sign for them but you do have to consider that he has been playing in a much less physical league for the last 4 years. You could end up paying £20m in wages and fees for a free agent that could definitely flop. That might sound familiar to anyone that remembers Falcao
Pages: 14849
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2015 / 2016 Season

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.