02:11 Wed 12 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
when will man utd sign pedro
hurry up fgs
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:48 Wed 12 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm confused why LVG is making the same first mistake this season as last, waiting too long to bring in the players he wants. He said the start if last season cost them (and he was doing business up till deadline day), and again he starts the season still wanting to bring in. Would it not have been better to do this a month ago and get the players settled in so they are actually ready for the season?

Maybe if there is one player left or someone leaves late on, but based on what people expected at the start he still needs a couple.

Pedro will surely go, but why has it taken so long?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:08 Wed 12 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree why is it taking so long but I also think Barcelona are being the main stumbling block possibly. I think they were determined to keep him for the Cup match last evening vs Sevilla.

Also now Neymar is suffering from mumps they are actively sorting out a replacement for Pedro before allowing any such move. Nolito will be signed as that replacement, an ex Barcelona B player.

LVG is also holding back too much for my liking, we've missed out on several rumoured to be key targets. I see Gaitan is linked again with us, that guy would be a multi billionaire if he got paid every time his names mentioned alongside Man Utd. For many seasons it's been the same story a bit like Sneijder

I think Otamendi. Pedro and a Striker will be enough, I'd really like Gotze in instead of Gaitan tbh too.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:07 Wed 12 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
To be honest I was surprised Shaqiri went to Stoke, no offence to them but he is a cracking winger and I'm sure bigger clubs could use him.

You need an RVP/Falcao replacement, Di Maria replacement and Vidic replacement at a minimum. Looks like you have De Gea for another year but that risks you losing him on a free next year, so you need your eyes on the keeper market (Lloris is long linked, but Cillesen would be a pretty good option and probably a cheaper option).

The power is with Barca right now, I feel like United need a bit more aggression and force the issue more or look elsewhere.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:23 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd prefer Handanovic or Muslera that Oblak looks decent but is he really that good? I'm not a fan of Cillesen atm, LVG subbed him out for Krul during the World Cup so that in itself speaks volumes.

We do need a Centre Back someone with leadership qualities like a Tony Adams/Vidic type of person. A Striker like Higuain or maybe dare I say it a Huntelaar (Dutch) just to give us another Target man. I'd prefer someone younger maybe Berahino or Austin

Edited at 13:32 Thu 13/08/15 (BST)
the__priest
the__priest
16:28 Thu 13 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sunderland set sights on signing Fabio Borini (again) and Adnan Januzaj on loan (depends on Pedro)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:15 Sat 15 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
To be fair to Cillesen it was in the final minute of extra time, with a spare sub to bring on one of the top keepers for pens. He got his place back straight away and even stayed on for the next shootout. So I wouldn't hold that against him, thought your lot were building up a bit of a Dutch core though.

Twisting and turning whether you'll sell De Gea or not. Dropped but Madrid said they'll wait and he's still in the reserves. Surely the fans want to know either way?

I think Huntelaar is a bit too old now, not a long term acquisition. I'd expect you'll get someone like Llorente
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:24 Sat 15 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I think we should sell De Gea now tbh - Romero has played the last 2 matches - clean Sheets in both - he's settled in very well. Yeah we only won 1-0 but it's still a win. The play at times especially when Schweinstiger came on was very impressive, Memphis was very unlucky not to score when through one on one with Guzan.

Newcastle United next in the Premier League @ Old Trafford, After Club Brugge on Tuesday.

I think we'll get Higuain, no one seems to be mentioning him recently. Maybe that's a good thing seeing as MCFC now trying to pinch Pedro and Otamendi lol.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:58 Sun 16 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Great team goal by Palace !!!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:27 Sun 16 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I find myself surprised to say this: City outclassed Chelsea there. Arsenal and Chelsea title battle? Not a chance based on the evidence so far. Man City vs Leicester all the way!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:30 Sun 16 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree Man City were a class above Chelsea today, Arsenal were fortunate vs C.Palace to keep Coquelin on the pitch. I think it will be interesting to see who United do bring in Striker wise and a CB is essential. IF neither of them positions are filled adequately then United will struggle.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:34 Mon 17 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well that was offside, but Benteke scores
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:19 Wed 19 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Pedro is on his way to Chelsea to finalise a deal, United take too long on their deals and I think this would prove my point
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:20 Wed 19 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Newcastle sign Florian Thauvin on 5 yr deal in region to believed to be 13 million, Been after this lad for some time lets hope he is good as we hope
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:43 Thu 20 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Last I heard there were too clubs after him and he was very highly rated by those that followed Ligue 1. If he's anything like what he was rated to become then he should be a great signing.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:22 Thu 20 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Otamendi signs for City, Pedro completed his move to Chelsea. Another target hijacked for United. De Gea incident is dragging on, But Darmian and Depay are both big hits already. Why not sign one or two more then you can push on from last season.

I still don't get it I think you need to get Muller now or else you've not done enough this window. Thoughts Ash?

Edited at 13:25 Thu 20/08/15 (BST)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:39 Thu 20 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Totally agree, I think two strikers would be good, Muller has to be signed now or United simply cannot compete even though are the richest team in football (allegedly). Man City signing Otamendi I'm not even sure United wanted him, the problem with world football is the instantaneous link whenever the word Manchester is uttered to United.

Gutted about Pedro but have a feeling Abramovich has returned to his previous ways and just like in Footy Manager he's bought in some players himself. Do Chelsea really need him? No in my opinion they don't. Signed in spite and Abramovich' way of showing his disgust at their last result.

United need a Defender maybe 2 just to keep all on their toes (Laporte, Dante, Stones, Varane). The De Gea move is very annoying but no one seems to mention how good Romero has been. Three matches 1 conceded an own goal too. Almost like De Gea who??? If he wants to go like his gf Edurne would like then I say let him go. Player of the Season twice, he can't better that accolade or lose it neither.

Good Luck to him. United need to sign and Di Maria needs to be replaced with either one of the following; Reus, Griezmann, Moura, Muniain, Oscar, not sure on Mane etc.
the__priest
the__priest
15:48 Sat 22 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
come on Man Utd

just for you toooooooooooooooooon
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2015 / 2016 Season

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.