Problems related to adverts

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:43 Sat 30 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
if ya havin problems with pop ups then maybe its ur internet version nd not fpool.
all i did was:
1) go to start nd press control panel
2) go to internet options nd go to de privacy bit
3)press block pop up button.

it worked for me anyways!! hope dat helped!
probs didnt tho lol
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:52 Mon 8 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
tread said:
i have been on funkysnooker for a while and while playin snooker with the 2 internet windows i have also had a music program (imesh) running. HOWEVER i have not endured much lagg only once everytime i go on due to some random adverts i think...

If i was to come on funkypool and do the same thing i get serious lagg. If i close imesh and jus play pool i get alot of lagg. Why isit different on the two sites, can someone explain?

I have noticed that on snooker if i right click on the adverts (9/10 times) a big options thing pops up and i can't do much (altho i dnt have to do anything as i get no lagg) whereas on pool a smaller options thing pops up and only on pool can i 'stop', 'forward', 'rewind' etc to try and stop the laggin so much.

Can someone please explain? (nick, spinner?) thanks

If ou look back through the Lag threads, you will see that i first discovered i might be able to play on my home setup when i tried Snooker and found it didnt lag ..
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:04 Mon 8 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
<cont> .. near as much.

The problem at my end was a conflict between java and my ATI GFX drivers. I found alternative drivers which solved the problem. (a search for "ATI Drivers" on the forum should find the link)

Moving up to IE7 also made a huge difference, especially on low end machines. (and also makes turning off flash altogether really simple).

At the end of the day, lag is caused by something else (flash - if its the ads that are causing you the problem) drawing processor time away from the game applet.

Right-clicking the taskbar and selecting "task manager" the the "processes" tab, will let you see whats causing it..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:05 Tue 9 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
thankyou very much spinner my man.... i had no idea that you posted in here... if i did i would not have bothered to make myself look like a complete fool in another thread i created
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:09 Fri 26 Jan 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
can anyone help me with java on this...it aint letting me on
e-mail me---<removed>@hotmail.co.uk

Just a a reminder not to post personal information on the forum. Innocent as it may be, you leave yourself open to spammers and even less desireable contacts.

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 19:59 Tue 20/03/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:38 Tue 20 Mar 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
just got a problem everytime that aol advert loads up i keep getting lag can anyone help ?

Edited at 19:45 Tue 20/03/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:48 Tue 20 Mar 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah, that's not meant to be a link. Michael, it's never a great idea to post personal information on an internet forum m8!

I'm sure a mod will edit it accordingly!
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:15 Tue 20 Mar 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
Allornothing, have you checked back through this post and tried the suggestions?

Regarding the Java problems, i've had a few PM's about this (applet not running and just a red cross in the top left)and there seem to be two main problems.

Firefox 2.x users on windows will have problems with with Java updates from 1.5 on, the only solutions i've found so far involve renaming .dll files, so unless you're happy with that i'd suggest moving to Internet Explorer.

IE users upgrading to IE7 also sometimes have the Java problem, and the solution there is simply to re-install Java.

Obviously there will be many more variations but those two seem to help most just now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Sat 12 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
If your still having problems then just get Firefox and get rid of IE. http://www.getfirefox.com
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:34 Sat 12 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, i cant help but point out my post above detailing the current compatibility issues between Firefox and Java.

Indeed, as you will see reading back through the forums, many people have solved thier problems by moving from firefox to IE.

Each to thier own of course!
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:43 Sat 26 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
A recent problem was noticed with poorly designed flash ads, which were slowing down even high-end systems due to the use of complicated transparent animations.

Nick talked to the advertisers to remove the offending ad.

If you have the problem, PM a mod or post which one it is here and we can take a look.
1angel1
1angel1
17:55 Sat 26 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i get lag persistantly every day at 7pm...its kinda odd because its the only time i get it... any ideas?
kwan
kwan
08:16 Thu 31 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner said:
A recent problem was noticed with poorly designed flash ads, which were slowing down even high-end systems due to the use of complicated transparent animations.

Nick talked to the advertisers to remove the offending ad.

If you have the problem, PM a mod or post which one it is here and we can take a look.

its kind of good ... but also bad? i dont see the advertisments on the right hand side here but i can click the links and highlight the table .. ideas about this spinner?
beannie
beannie
12:16 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
theres a large advert on the side of the home page with a pirate on it! it talked to me really loud "arghhhh hello i know your in there" well it frightened the hell outta me.

can we not have audio on adverts it really scared me
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
12:28 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lmao i cant find that one just refreshed about twenty times lol.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
12:29 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image
do that to em lol
beannie
beannie
13:40 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i havent seen it since lol but it made my heart jump!
nightlife544
nightlife544
15:25 Tue 19 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
all adverts are just like me, thats y i never play anymore, nick if i was u charge players - no popups but continuing like thing then ull get nobody wanting to play so.........

Dj-Lil-Ste
Master of hardcore beets.
2k7

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 20:35 Sun 24/06/07 (BST)
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
15:28 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
nightlife544 said:
all dverts are lovely to me, thats y i never play anymore, nick if i was u charge players - no popups but continuing like thing then ull get nobody wanting to play so.........

Dj-Lil-Ste
Master of hardcore beats.
2k7

its called premium and its coming soon
however keep swearing on forum and you wont be here to see it

Edited only to remove the language by nightlife554

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 20:37 Sun 24/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:56 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
right since me other thread was capped il put it in here lol(sorry 4 starting new thread didnt notice this one)

its only ever the euromillions ad for me,causes MASSIVE lag until i change the quality to low then it is just minor lag,but still cant hit shots softly when its on screen(goes straight to half power and whacks the balls).......its the ad that OMG the amount of flash in it seems pointless,that pinball machine thing grrrrrr really frustrating

i have just rebuilt my comp and run java 1.6.0_01,as said before i have changed parameters etc but doesnt work

it is using flash 9..........

any help would be great

really cant wait for premium version now,sick of having these problems

evilhamster
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Problems related to adverts

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.