Problems related to adverts

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
pool_life
pool_life
07:04 Wed 17 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for understanding, and we're on the case!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:29 Wed 17 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lmao is it only me that is having no bother with the adverts or is it that im that crap i dont notice lmao

lmao no comments please x x

Edited at 12:29 Wed 17/10/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:52 Wed 17 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
xjuicyx said:
lmao is it only me that is having no bother with the adverts or is it that im that crap i dont notice lmao

lmao no comments please x x

Edited at 12:29 Wed 17/10/07 (BST)

No - its just that you win your games so quick that it doesnt have time to affect you like some of us slow ones
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:38 Sun 21 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Please is there anyone that can assist without advising on buying a new pc lol. Just spent an hour getting to 8 ball final and then deal or no deal advert comes up - i cant play the game and its all been a waste of time!!

Is there anything i can do to the set up for this one advert to try and solve this??

Thanks
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
11:06 Sun 21 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
the best thing i can suggest is to right click the advert and click rewind- most of the time this stops the advert from playing and moves to a different advert.
It only works if u notice the ad before you take the shot though but id say 7 times out of 10 that moves the advert on.
I spoke to pool_life online and he said that this particular advery should be gone very soon!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:20 Sun 21 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ladbrokes is getting on my nerves now, it wont let you take a shot if it comes up
stueyy
stueyy
16:41 Sun 21 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
dano3546 said:
ladbrokes is getting on my nerves now, it wont let you take a shot if it comes up

I Agree There! I Only Get It On The Website, Not The Game.
misterchyme
misterchyme
20:24 Sun 21 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah.. i dont see adverts.. only 89 pool banner once in awhile thats it..
stueyy
stueyy
08:49 Mon 22 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I Get None At All In The Game, Not Gonna Say How Because Last Time I Said, My Post Was Removed Lol. Dont Get Many On Any Sites Anymore Tho
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
08:56 Mon 22 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah if you post a link to an ad blocker on pool your post will be removed-

However post it on snooker and the admin over there will recommend another ad blocker crazy world eh........
stueyy
stueyy
08:59 Mon 22 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Aaah I See.

Doesn't Make Much Sense Really Lol
misterchyme
misterchyme
13:27 Mon 22 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i dont get ads on the site or in game lol, i honestly have no idea why i havent installed anything that i know of lol
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:34 Mon 22 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Your firewall may be blocking flash, or you may simply not have it installed.

Regarding ad-blockers, no staff member on any site will reccomend use of an ad blocker.

Funkypool will not run with most ad-blockers running.

The very idea of installing another program (which, due to thier nature, will most likely be spy/adware in itself) which you expect to run at the same time as the game, yet improve performance, is, frankly, a very silly idea in the first place.

Most importantly, disabling the adverts in any way is a violation of the sites terms and conditions and anyone doing so could have thier account banned at any time.

Follow the advice on this thread or ask if you still have problems and we will do our best to get you running smoothly
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:12 Mon 22 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
madmiketyson said:
yeah if you post a link to an ad blocker on pool your post will be removed-

However post it on snooker and the admin over there will recommend another ad blocker crazy world eh........

Twisted the truth abit there haven't you? Not very nice to lie about either sites Mike.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
15:36 Mon 22 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i havent twisted the truth- i simply pointed out on a thread on snooker that ad blockers arent allowed which as far as i know is true.
A couple of posts later- revenge (who has admin under his name) says that he uses google ad blocker.
I dont see how i twisted the truth- if ad blockers are allowed on the site then that is different from what i have been led to believe.
Maybe recommend isnt the best term to use but heres the link

http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewTopic.do?topicid=2830

The eight post on that thread

revenge said:

Google ad-blocker ftw!, havn;t got ads never lol
spinner
spinner
Admin
04:05 Tue 23 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah, that was a misunderstanding (as pointed out later in that thread) as it was referring to googles popup blocker, which is indeed excellent but which does not stop the in-game ads.

Google don't do any ad blockers in the context of that thread (as far as i know).

Pop-up blockers dont affect advertising on funkypool (as there are no popups) and as they are reactive programs they cause minimal potential lag.

Anyways, apologies for the confusion but the end result is:

Popup blockers - fine
Ad Blockers - No!

madmiketyson
madmiketyson
11:18 Thu 1 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
sky bejewelled gaming ad is the new advert that is making gameplay unbearable
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
11:27 Thu 1 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
in fact scrap that- it hasnt gone off since my last post and i cant rewind it either.]

So im stuck with an ad for ten minutes that makes me have to stop playing

bring back deal or no deal

and something about a kahuna reef also sky games is doin the same. iv had these ads up for 15 minutes now!

i jus logged out having been practice table for however long when i made that first post to now.
the sky gaming ad was up the entire time on the bejeweeled and then the kahuna reef game rotating.
Thats like 45 minutes or so of the same ad

i think noel edmonds sent it as a curse cos i comlained about deal or no deal on here.

i just logged in for a lil bit and that ad is still on and after 3 games it hasnt chnaged.
has funkypool been bought by sky?

Edited at 16:30 Thu 1/11/07 (GMT)

Edited at 17:09 Thu 1/11/07 (GMT)

Edited at 18:22 Thu 1/11/07 (GMT)

Edited at 18:25 Thu 1/11/07 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:36 Sun 11 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
the new total jobs advert gets stuck all the time i can be stuck 4 hours.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
07:56 Fri 16 Nov 07 (GMT)  [Link]  
why is this no longer a sticky
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Problems related to adverts

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.