Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:11 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Flash version 9 is a major cause of lag for any players. Look back through this thread and there should be a guid to revert back to the less processor hungry version 8.

However, the ad you mention does employ some non-standard animations and will hopefully be removed from the feed soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:24 Fri 13 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
champion,thanks very much spinner

will revert back to 8 now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:23 Thu 26 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
the lotto 1 gives me lag!
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
16:27 Thu 26 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Do you mean the lotto on the tv or on the internet?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:34 Thu 26 Jul 07 (BST)  [Link]  
internet
stueyy
stueyy
13:35 Sat 15 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by forum moderator
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:58 Mon 17 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't know about anyone else, but a bikes at london ad seems to be making my game unusually slow.

Anyone experiencing the same?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:06 Sat 22 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Nope not me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:32 Wed 26 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
The london bikes one froze my game too..
Now some of the new sky adverts are freezing my game too. It's getting to the stage were you cant have a decent game. surely there is something could be done about this. Its the best game on the internet by far, but whats the point of playing when you cant have decent game anymore
And i have flash 8 and it still freezes. i'm on a high end pc with nothing running in the background Any help gratefully recieved
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:04 Fri 28 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i don't normally complain but could nick please remove the sky adverts because it's beyond a joke now it keeps lagging in every game i play and it's making the game extremely slow at showing what shot the opponent has played.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:46 Fri 28 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
please please remove sky adverts!!!

they give you so much lag

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:43 Sun 30 Sep 07 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah get rid of sky adverts
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:19 Tue 2 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
sky adverts have gone. yippeeeeeee!!!
Just played 2 hours withought any lag. Won a few lost a few, had some serious chat. Had a laugh met some wierdos, but hey alls good 8)
Thanx too the admin and all at funkypool
You rock guys!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:43 Wed 3 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
is anyone else having problems when the total jobs ad is on?

i had trouble earlier entering game took me over 10mins to enter cos it was still waiting for 1 item to download.

now on the game page its just stuck on that ad still waiting to download.

so now its waiting to download on both pages. just want to know if its just me and if there is a way off getting around this?
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
03:16 Thu 11 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Get rid of the stupid ladbrokes and william himm adverts!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:12 Thu 11 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
madmiketyson said:
Get rid of the stupid ladbrokes and william himm adverts!!!

agree!
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
05:42 Tue 16 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
can anyone tell me the point of being told to post on this thread when you see a problem with one of the adverts as noone ever replies.
that ladbrokes advert is still here and causing most people i know on here lag but noone drops onto this thread to say we are looking into it.
everytime it comes on i have to finish my game asap and wait for it to go off and if im in tourny i jus quit.

out of interest im gonna leave this post here, go and post on another game queries thread so this isnt the last posted thread on game queries and then wait about 2 or 3 days and see if anyone bothers to write anything back........
if there isnt a reply then ill create a thread about the ladbrokes ad and when someone says post it on here they can read this post
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:21 Wed 17 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Nice one mate - fully agree. The ladbrokes ad affect has made me not bother entering many tournaments now cause it just becomes unplayable as soon as it kicks in. Actually come to think of it if there were more adverts like that it might stop me playing completely. Bring them in NOW please!!

Edited at 10:23 Wed 17/10/07 (BST)
pool_life
pool_life
05:57 Wed 17 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
madmiketyson, we do listen and take action if we get reports of ads making game play difficult, but don't you find it strange that with so many members this thread is only on page 3 after almost a year of being put up?

That makes me think that your problem is not as widespread as might first appear, but we still appreciate the information and will do what we can to help you without question.

I've lost count of the times we've mentioned that the site is free to use, and that ads are something we 'all' have to tolerate for it to remain free to use. Most of the time game play is not affected by these ads for the majority of people playing, and this is a simple proven fact.

Anyway, your information 'will' be passed on to Nick so he can do his best to get it removed, so please respect that and don't create another thread when this one has been created for the sole purpose of helping members like yourself out!

For the record the complaints regarding the ladbrokes ads date back less than a week when you reported them for the first time.

Sorry we didn't answer you sooner.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
07:01 Wed 17 Oct 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i know that you take action when you get reports as otherwise the sky ads etc would still be here.

My point was that the last time an admin posted on the thread to say "yeah we are looking into the problem" was Fri 13 Jul 07.

I appreciate that admin is a busy job and i also understand that the site is free and that we need adverts. Im not complaining about adverts in general, just these two adverts that are causing lag for a lot of players.

In the tournament yesterday myself and hoof_hearted were enjoying some good games when the ladbrokes advert came up on his screen; he wasnt able to take another shot and left the game after a couple of minutes.

Im not looking for you to hear about a problem and remove it within 5 minutes, i understand it takes time, all im saying is that it would be nice to know that the problem has been acknowleged and that admin do read this thread.

As you have posted on it with a reply we now know that the problem will be sorted when possible.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Problems related to adverts

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.