League Discussion Thread (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 16061
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:46 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
That long break is the only way it can really be done the way people want it next season (same as this season). It is mainly down to the FBL having more teams and because of the tie breaker in the FBL cup. If there was no tie breaker then the FBL would have finished one week after the FCL finishing date.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:48 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmm....well I've only been a member of this site since March so haven't sampled anything other than FCL one week, FBL the next and I think it works very, very well.

I can only imagine how it might work if the two were running side by side and to be honest I think it would be a bit of a nightmare to try and organise from both an admin point of view and a 'getting games played' point of view!

Therefore if this is the only way to continue running them week on, week off, then the break gets my vote.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:49 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
8 weeks is a long time to try keep new tems and players active.

what was up with the way it use to be.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
The structure we have of the two leagues now shouldn't be changed (i.e. alternating weeks). The new FCL season won't take 2 months to start but it would take 2 months for the main fixtures to be released, 1 month will be taken up by the transfer window, the pre-season games plus a bit of admin time too but this will occur after having to wait a month for FBL to finish.

A schedule will be worked out to try and minimise time between the end of FCL and the start of it but in keeping with how we have structured the league schedules now.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
I just don't want myself, Jema and mattywellie to sit and work out a schedule that fits both leagues and have a long break for the FCL without letting the actual members of the league know.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:52 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Basically there will be more time to sort out the FCL than there will be to sort out the FBL.

Kenny the old way can not be done as many members last season expressed their feelings about the both leagues being run alternative weeks, and with the majority of those members (think it was around 80% and above) we had to try and do it that way) this would be a lot worse i think if some clans never folded.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:52 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont get me wrong guys i with u all the way but just fill it along break bear in mind the seasons only short.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:55 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah the seasons are short mate and we tried to see if maybe playing the same clan three times instead of twice would be good but that idea got demolished within seconds. FCL is shorter due to the likes of Fighting Eagles as they were a FBL only clan so FCL was always going to have a break before starting again, just never seen it as that big of a break.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:56 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
it two different leagues do they need to run side by side why cant u start fcl then fbl joins in as they two different leagues i think lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:57 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah that fair enough but i surpose maybe get super league to run in the break ???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:59 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
This will show who the active (or inactive) members are in the clans to be honest.

Also its not as if ya gunna be without clan games as im pretty sure the SL wont have a long break so there will always be a league that is running so your players can play competitive games
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:59 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
it two different leagues do they need to run side by side why cant u start fcl then fbl joins in as they two different leagues i think lol
Main problem is with players leaving clans. If you leave the clan for one league between seasons, you'll be leaving the clan in the middle of the other league's season, which kind of sucks.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:00 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Super League is run by Chris, was never mentioned about having all three leagues run about the same time plus Chris has a much more complicated schedule as he releases next sets when other set is still on going.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:02 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Main problem is with players leaving clans. If you leave the clan for one league between seasons, you'll be leaving the clan in the middle of the other league's season, which kind of sucks.

true seb didnt see it that way doh

as dan said and mentioned what if superleague was on during break then we would still have a games to test reliability
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:03 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i know chris runs super league but maybe we should ask chris if it can be done that it coincides with the break
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:05 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Even IF the Super League went on a break, this 2 month break from FCL will show how reliable a player is. As they will hopefully be posting, playing in tournies, ranked games or friendlies (either inter clan or clan friendlies) so there is never a moment a clan is not sitting about doing nothing
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:06 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
He has never expressed that their would be a break in Super League do i don't think there would be one.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:07 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
some players only come on to play clan games thou

we not all stuck on here 24/7
cool_dude
cool_dude
03:08 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
How about 1 league instead of 2?

Both leagues now run by the same people one bigger league with a longer season would be much better IMO and save a lot of arguments.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:09 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
anyway i shut up i happy with what jay bluenose1882 and jembo pixie_dustdecide.

i off to bed lots to do in morning.

laters all.
Pages: 16061
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.