League Discussion Thread (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15960
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:01 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
oh dear jay, are you sure about this? She seems like trouble!!
the__priest
the__priest
16:09 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
a simple idea would be to get people to submit teams on a wed so you can have time, rather than rushing through things on a sat and sun. makes sense maybe try it,

it dosnt make the work less but defo would make it more manageable, just a thought
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
ah right ok, so it will be pretty much you for the foreseeable future then.

Ultimately, if it's taking up too much time, then you should do what you have to do to make it manageable (unless you know another reliable person that could help you run this).

I didn't know about mattywellie's laptop, but it seems to be working or clan games.....

It wasn't my laptop it was my charger I have now brought a new one suffering overheating problems occasionally but thats about it I should be able to do a lot more to help with the league for the remainder of this season and certainly next season even with my news haha.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:29 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
a simple idea would be to get people to submit teams on a wed so you can have time, rather than rushing through things on a sat and sun. makes sense maybe try it,

it dosnt make the work less but defo would make it more manageable, just a thought

Not a bad idea all Craig.
the__priest
the__priest
16:30 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i know the work involved, it should be a lot more helpful, but hey i do try to be helpful
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:33 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Does it matter to you guys what day you have to do this? I mean, you could also just do mid-week deadlines for all fixtures instead of weekend ones- that way, your Sunday won't be taken.
the__priest
the__priest
17:44 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
deadline for ppl to send in teams is a friday say
then u need to check them all and spellings
colate them all before doing fixtures usually done on a sat or sunday,, if you had extra days makes ur life alot easier and frees a bit of time
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:48 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah that could improve it. However, people would keep sending update lists or changes- some team add players to the team a few days before a deadline and will want to include them in games. Or someone will become inactive.
But yeah, the bulk of the work could be done beforehand.

If your aim is trying to free up your weekends, then move it to a midweek deadline.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:53 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
team lists in monday fixtures released on a thursday

then weekend free
punkpoet
punkpoet
17:56 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey I see division 2 table hasn't been completed for fixture 3 but orignally when it was completed for fixture 2 uprising were 2nd, then you added no defaults bonuses and mouses were second :D now its changed again with legend killers second place :L
So really needs to be done from the begining guys I think.
I tried to do it but the defaults for fixtures 2 and 3 are not on site (though the later may not be done yet) so it wasn't complete.
Also as i mentioned the bonus' keep changing can someone specifically say what bonuses there are? and how much?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:16 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
far as i know mate, defaults are in red on the website as when i had to redo the div 2 golden cue i missed the ones in red

as for the tables/scores i don't do them as my browser sometimes updates the wrong thing and with the autosave feature it would mess the league up entirely so i don't risk it.

far as i know you get 6 points for winning fixture and 6 points for completing the fixtures meaning no defaults
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:19 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Not a bad idea all Craig.

I do this on snooker and works effectively, you might get the odd team pushing the deadline but i normally use pastebin to store the fixtures (i put teamsheets on pastebin as i get them with a template) ready for 8 pm Tuesday (as it is now, Sunday after transfer window) then when 8 pm comes voila 2 seconds to copy and paste on the fixtures thread
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:33 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
This is FCL punk mate not the FBL
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:34 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
oh dear jay, are you sure about this? She seems like trouble!!

Seems like? you mean she is mate
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:38 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It is not a case of freeing up weekends as to be honest i can't stand Sunday's they are so boring.

Was just a way of keeping the bulk of the work into one day instead of spreading it every single week.

I sometimes ask for team lists be in by Friday or the Saturday, soon as i get one i add it to the docs as no one else can see it bar myself. Jema and Keith, so come Sunday Jema just adds the proper links or whatever to the site so in turn everyone else can see it on the website.
punkpoet
punkpoet
18:48 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
This is FCL punk mate not the FBL

I was talking about fcl matey
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:56 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Right well.....

Tables are only completed when defaults are finished so fixture set three won't be added until tonight or tomorrow.

There is no completion bonus for the FCL, it has been out for a good two seasons now, you only receive 10 bonus points for a win in a fixture.

If you want to check what defaults have been then you need to hover over the division you want and then go to the second tab stated as fixtures i think it is then you can see them for whatever set you want to see.

Main reason the tables do not look up to date though is due to it only being done after a fixture set is completed and so are defaults, golden cue is done the same way as well.
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:02 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, knew something wasn't right with them or I wouldn't of said anything :)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:38 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just want to make this clear to everyone the now, had a look at the schedules for FCL and FBL, and how next season would work out taking into account pre season for both leagues.

FCL could be out of action for two+ months because people want the one week FCL is released and the next week FBL is released.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:44 Fri 3 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
nooooo what
Pages: 15960
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.