FBL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12223
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:45 Tue 14 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ash i have to say you have your nose in ever thing,and now you have your players crying LOL.stick to playing games and quit tryng to be a wanna be league riunner.
New and last fixture just came out sun.and you have already made about 3 subs LOL.

I suggest you concentrate of getting your health back on the mend than sticking your own nose in things which have not concern of yours. How, What, Which & When I carry out any activity or actions within Phoenix Strom has absolutely no relevance to you so kindly mind your own business.

IF you have any questions or comments with certain aspects of my captaincy then feel free to act mature and send me them via offline message rather than trying to ridicule me, when the only person you make a fool out of is yourself.

Thank you.

PS. None of my players are crying neither. I have made a few subs as my 2 American players have since informed me they will probably not be able to play so instead of listening to someone whine about their inactivity, I made the subs. Remind me next time to not bother.

Edited at 15:52 Tue 14/01/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:59 Wed 15 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorted
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:52 Fri 17 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Golden Cue

The individual teams, and overall golden cue is now up to date to the end of fixture 5

http://funkypoolfbl.wix.com/funkybilliardsleague#!golden-cue/c719
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:30 Fri 17 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know problems have been mentioned, but i'm having a lot of trouble viewing anything on the site based on the google docs. Tried on chrome, firefox and IE. Also safari on iPhone and iPad. Can't see a thing, just a white box where it should be. Is anyone else still having this problem?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:53 Fri 17 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know problems have been mentioned, but i'm having a lot of trouble viewing anything on the site based on the google docs. Tried on chrome, firefox and IE. Also safari on iPhone and iPad. Can't see a thing, just a white box where it should be. Is anyone else still having this problem?
Im not sure what the prob is with it zante , a few have had probs seeing pages . I think it must be something to do with wix
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
21:10 Fri 17 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im not sure what the prob is with it zante , a few have had probs seeing pages . I think it must be something to do with wix

Well i have created a back up site on weebly to see what happens when using google docs. You want me to set it up to see if there are less problems?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:01 Sun 26 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
FCL format is perfect as is would like to see the other 2 leagues tweaked so you have 3 totally different leagues, my suggestion for it would be

Super League
3 frames of each 8 ball, 9 ball and UK 1pt for each + 1 frame of straight 2 pts would make it interesting as it's only the odd 10 players in the league who are straight demons most games would be really fun and even if you get a demon it's only 1 frame to watch them potting.
Liked the format with the way the league goes into knockout adds a good twist.

FBL
The usual 2 x 8 games of 8 ball, 9 ball and UK + a 6 man killer with 2 frames played
1st 5 pts
2nd 2 pts
3rs 1 pt
Making 8 pts available in the frames of killer exactly the same as all the other games, subs could be made between games if needed but do the 2 frames consecutively so you aren't having to organise 2 games.

Think now the seasons are finishing it would be great to get the 3 leagues formats sorted out so they compliment each other and are all totally different and aren't competing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:50 Sun 26 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
*** NO ONE is to sub in to any of the remaining 3 FBL fixtures please, they will ALL be played by their original players as they have been arranged. ***

Myself, freindyboy and thanatos are all aware of the matches, opposition will try and manipulate the match, NOT on my watch.

Thank you.

------------------------------------
Great, we both had two eligible players on today and you refused to let your player play the match.what a guy.this is good default info m8.1 day before and U refuse to let a eligible player get a match played.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:14 Sun 26 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If games have been arranged then no subs are needed mikee...could have 32 players online and wouldn't make a difference to that.
turtle1560
turtle1560
03:35 Sun 26 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
FCL format is perfect as is would like to see the other 2 leagues tweaked so you have 3 totally different leagues, my suggestion for it would be

Super League
3 frames of each 8 ball, 9 ball and UK 1pt for each + 1 frame of straight 2 pts would make it interesting as it's only the odd 10 players in the league who are straight demons most games would be really fun and even if you get a demon it's only 1 frame to watch them potting.
Liked the format with the way the league goes into knockout adds a good twist.

FBL
The usual 2 x 8 games of 8 ball, 9 ball and UK + a 6 man killer with 2 frames played
1st 5 pts
2nd 2 pts
3rs 1 pt
Making 8 pts available in the frames of killer exactly the same as all the other games, subs could be made between games if needed but do the 2 frames consecutively so you aren't having to organise 2 games.

Think now the seasons are finishing it would be great to get the 3 leagues formats sorted out so they compliment each other and are all totally different and aren't competing.

If you kept bonus points in SL for events, which might include 30+ runs aswell if straight is included, then I'd be up for having exactly this
turtle1560
turtle1560
03:36 Sun 26 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
^never mind lol, reading SL discussion thread now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:43 Mon 27 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Has the Final League table been done?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:36 Tue 28 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Has the Final League table been done?
The final table will be done once the defaults from the last fixture are completed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:49 Tue 28 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Golden Cue

The FBL Golden Cue has now been completed for the season. Very well done to franer_ who won with 87.5%.
Posted Image

The Individual teams' tables are on the website, the overall table is below.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well done everyone
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:26 Tue 28 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well done fran great going mate, especially seeing as though golden cue is always dominated by the straight players.
After seeing this I am prepared to up my offer to 1 whole english pound per game!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:45 Tue 28 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well done fran great going mate, especially seeing as though golden cue is always dominated by the straight players.
After seeing this I am prepared to up my offer to 1 whole english pound per game!

fran played mainly straight just for the record :P
franer_
franer_
23:44 Tue 28 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

fran played mainly straight just for the record :P

Iv played more than straight if i have some memory...

And thanks for the offer Lee but mattys still tops yours pal..ur close.

Thanks for grats
cke1982
cke1982
15:47 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
thought id be bottom happy with that lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
FBL New Season Announcement

Firstly, a big thanks goes out to the FBL runners from this season who stepped in during severe adversity and managed to patch up and run a decent league.

I think this has gone under the radar so far - Myself, Chris & Matty will be taking over the FBL for the new season. At the moment _pro__frog_, cgibson92 & anoneeemouse will be joining the team in various capacities.

The new FBL season will start on Sunday 16th Feburary.

After a lot of discussion, it has been decided that there will be no change to the league format - i.e. the league will consist of one continuous stage where everybody plays each other once.

However, there is going to be a change to the scoring format. The idea is to establish two contrasting leagues (FCL & FBL). Hopefully the new format will lead to a highly competitive (and difficult!) league. Each fixture will consist of;

2 8US matches (6 frames each)
2 9Ball matches (6 frames each)
2 8UK matches (6 frames each)
2 Straight matches (2 frames each)

A match win gives the team 2 points, a draw 1 point. So overall there are 16 points on offer. If a team wins a fixture they get 2 points, a draw is 1 point each - No other bonus points at all, a simple 'football league' format.

Obviously this is a new format so any constructive criticism is appreciated.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The original plan was to have a killer game (2 points for 1st, 1 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd) to bring the points total up to 20, but this was considered to be overkill with killer present in the SL.

As mentioned on the FCL discussion, there will also be a new Grand Slam Cup;
Rather than have several individual League Cup competitions this season, it has been decided to have one multi-format Cup competition.

All matches will consist of 8 v 8. In each match there will be two FCL format games, two SL format games and four FBL format games (one each of 8, 9, UK and Straight). Each game will be two points for the win and one for a draw. The first clan to score 9 points will win the overall Cup tie.

As mentioned before, the new season will hopefully commence on the 16th February (this is to have alternating Sunday cup/FBL deadlines with the FCL).

Could any interested clans please post their entries on this thread along with messaging their FBL team sheets to either myself, chris or mattywellie (for now).

Pages: 12223
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.