League Discussion Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:12 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
from clan news thread

Rules used to be that a player couldn't play for more than one clan in a season, players could only transfer during pre-season, don't know why it was changed, as far as I know its only changed in the last few seasons, I think the current rule is unfair and shouldn't exist.
I like the idea they have on snooker, have a 1 or 2 week transfer window in the middle of the season, I also think that If a player is unhappy or gets a better offer before they play an official league fixture and want to transfer they should be free to do so without the need to be released by their captain, they must inform the captain tho.

friendlies, including pre season friendlies shouldn't be classed as officiall league fixtures.

Talking of pre season friendlies, what a waste of time for established clans, pre season friendlies were brought in for new clans to prove reliability so why not make it that new clans must be registered with the FCL 2 or 3 weeks before this season ends then to prove reliability they play each other during the last set of this seasons fixtures, they hand in their team lists and are given their fixtures just like the league fixtures.
Existing clans can then either give their players a break or by choice play friendlies during pre season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:15 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Due to unreliability of even established clans it has become the norm that all clans go through the pre-season friendlies test. Steph was the one who told me the only people guaranteed a spot in the following season were the respective division winners and the cup winners
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
16:25 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
whocares8x8 said:
lol except you could still fix them once i send them to you...
but yeah. Using two people would take care of the issue if people are really concerned about this.

that would be the only way to solve this.

a friend told me exact same thing that no matter who gets the teamlists then people CAN cheat its only nature to think that but without that person getting the lists then how do you post matches etc.

There still could potentially be cheating using two people for fixture list - as well as things becoming more complicated as to which person to send a list to.

Surely the only true way of solving this would be to remove the thing that could potentially cause the cheating - the person doing the fixtures.

Is it possible that some clever person could write some coding where team captains/vice's manually enter their teamlist on the site which is hidden away from all (even league runners) and then when fixtures are released they become unhidden?

No idea if it is feasable - but I'm guessing it would be one of the better ways to deal with it
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:26 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
kev04 said:
Due to unreliability of even established clans it has become the norm that all clans go through the pre-season friendlies test. Steph was the one who told me the only people guaranteed a spot in the following season were the respective division winners and the cup winners

You have a whole season to judge the existing clans, judge them on the amount of defaults that go against them during a season, surely the league runners know by the end of a season whos reliable and whos not, Vikings last season had no defaults after 80 league fixtures and if they had stayed in the league they would've had to play a pre season friendly to prove reliability, surely that wouldn't be right .

Edited at 13:30 Thu 28/07/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
1.13 Announcing clan lineup for next season
When new clans are forming, or old clans are working in their lineup for the next season, you may NOT name signed players currently playing for other clans until the transfer window is open. Violating this rule may lead to the clan not being accepted into the next season.

silly rule needs to be gone.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:35 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Not silly Kenny, was obviously implemented for a reason!

Alan, just because a clan is reliable in one season doesn't mean it will be the next, players come and go all the time, captains lives change and clans change hands fairly regularly so you can never guarantee being 100% reliable all the time, some of the most reliable clans have come and gone as I'm sure you have witnessed in your time as a clan player
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:43 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
dgeneratio said:
whocares8x8 said:
lol except you could still fix them once i send them to you...
but yeah. Using two people would take care of the issue if people are really concerned about this.

that would be the only way to solve this.

a friend told me exact same thing that no matter who gets the teamlists then people CAN cheat its only nature to think that but without that person getting the lists then how do you post matches etc.

There still could potentially be cheating using two people for fixture list - as well as things becoming more complicated as to which person to send a list to.

Surely the only true way of solving this would be to remove the thing that could potentially cause the cheating - the person doing the fixtures.

Is it possible that some clever person could write some coding where team captains/vice's manually enter their teamlist on the site which is hidden away from all (even league runners) and then when fixtures are released they become unhidden?

No idea if it is feasable - but I'm guessing it would be one of the better ways to deal with it

only person who would have a shot at that is jan but his real life is taking over and for the time being doesn't want anything to do with funky leagues, he just wants a break from it all which i can understand.

kenny was only just learning code from when jan gave him the site so i doubt kenny could do it either.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
it would take alot of coding when i do fixtures for teams i don mine through a league generating website that randomly selects my players or teams to play,

but there must be a way to make a random draw but again kev the boss. so up to him really if he wants a random teamlists draw.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:52 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
fixtures

You could use 2 people that don't play in the league, they get the lists, do the fixtures then send to whoever to get posted on the website, the reason i say 2 is just incase one is unavailable due to other commitments.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:54 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Could all send your teamlists in numbered 1 to 8 then when the fixtures are out captains swap the team lists to make sure it is okay, with kenny and kev and dgen all there 3 different clans could sort it out.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:58 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ab_rfc said:
fixtures

You could use 2 people that don't play in the league, they get the lists, do the fixtures then send to whoever to get posted on the website, the reason i say 2 is just incase one is unavailable due to other commitments.

even so could be cheating involved, its almost the same no matter how we do this, always going to be doubt in cheating involved.

say a and b get teamlist sends them to c, or e the league runner, then c, d or e could switch fixture to suit themselves.

only c d and e know how to put matches on the site.

if you can see where im coming from
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:58 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
the other way is captain A sends numbers 1-8 to league runner and the names to captain B and vise vervsa so leauge do random draw 1-8 and then captain name the players after the draw something like that i thick so but u get jist
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:01 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
random draw would be 1 way i guess but wouldn't it take 3 times as long to do fixtures, instead of quick 10 minutes, it would take 30 mins or more.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:04 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah maybe longer but surley better than being called a cheat
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:08 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
true, sorry for going on again but until the site can do random draws/teamlists hidden then it can be cheating.

ub3rnator did me a quick random fixture generator only contains numbers but its a start...

http://funkysnookerclanleague.yolasite.com/random-fixtures-decider.php

maybe could ask him to do you one, names is more complex though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:11 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mmm maybe it worth asking
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
17:11 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
ab_rfc said:
no ones accusing anyone of cheating, I just think its unfair that a Captain can see his opponents lists, there must be another way to do it ?
The implication of that is of course that the person handling fixtures could use it to their advantage (i.e. cheating).

The two-people idea could work.

My personal opinion is that the current system is fine. Over on snooker, we're playing an event similar to the Ryder Cup, where one captain gets to pick the fixtures one round, the other captain picks the fixtures in the next round. So far, picking the fixtures has not resulted in a measurable advantage for that team. I really don't think it is a dramatic advantage, even if kev did try to take advantage of this.

I still like that idea, clans have 2 fixtures per fortnight, they get to pick in one and send a list to opposing capt for the other. would be like like home and away fixtures with the home team having the advantage.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:21 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
now home and away can be done as each team plays twice like football so when at hom so for example

vipers vs wolf pack (dex sends me his 8 i do my 8 and fixtures send to league to be put on site)

then when

wolf vs vipers (i send dex my 8 he then does fixtures and sends top kev good idea i think)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
james can i talk about the naming rule here then ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:35 Thu 28 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
death_viper said:
1.13 Announcing clan lineup for next season
When new clans are forming, or old clans are working in their lineup for the next season, you may NOT name signed players currently playing for other clans until the transfer window is open. Violating this rule may lead to the clan not being accepted into the next season.

silly rule needs to be gone.

i did then it got swept away by boss man kev so no matter how much we try he not going to change it

kev04 said:
Not silly Kenny, was obviously implemented for a reason!

for COBRAS
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.