League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19495
rapid_pot
rapid_pot
14:25 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wasn't my first season in cobras the season they lost the cup? Haha.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:27 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
can't remember lol but probably.

MVP couldn't win the cup for 14 seasons which shocked me to be honest as they have a really good team, just shows how good the mickey mouse cup was
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
MVP couldn't win the cup for 14 seasons which shocked me to be honest as they have a really good team, just shows how good the cup was

Indeed it shows why the old format was better than the new one but nevermind.

Anyone wonder whether clans would be far more interesting and competetive with more and smaller teams spreading out the player pool more?

For example squads of 7 or 8 playing 5-a-side matches?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:00 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
wouldn't be a bad idea for snooker as we only have 6 clans but pool has 12+ clans already
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:23 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
whocares8x8 said:
True, the D&C you left went on to win the next season

does that mean MVP won't win 6 in a row now?

Yeah it does, I plan on bringing UT back before this happens, and when SS fold I will take my old players back...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:27 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
lee ,,, and anybody else with your views

love the logic blaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

lee,,regarding your love affair with MVP whats your story there, they were in division 2, so they couldnt win it

its like barcelona not winning la liga and not making the champions league......... man utd wins and you say they won it by default lol lol

but what is a fact, you and your clan have only won one FCL league match in 2 seasons maybe even 3 seasons great record lee... and for the record lee the season was open an open one, but still your team only managed on league win

love the banter

Stop worrying about what we do craig, told you all season nobody in our team gives a rats bunghole what shooters are doing!

1st season we won plenty of games and got promoted
1st season you were getting relegated and folded

2nd season we were playing all the top teams and top players
2nd season you only just scraped the 2nd division against a much weaker wolf pack and mouseketeers than we had now

You outperformed us in 1 season craig and you cant compare us really because you only play to win! The same 8 players in your 'team' played 86% of your games at our TEAM everyone actually plays because we aren't as sad as you

In summary do what you want sad act nobody in Team Angry cares at least we dont cry and fold the team when we lose cos we enjoy the game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:30 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is one for ipotalot because I know he is one of the least conservative members and always receptive to innovative ideas.

How about considering a trial in the Cup at some point?

Twelve existing league clans (of 16) to compete in the regular League season exactly the same as it is now but split into 24 clans of 8 (A & B teams) to compete in the Cup playing 5-a-side games.

At the start of the season when clans are registered, players are additionally registered as either A or B team and cannot switch between teams from that point obviously only for the purposes of the Cup (I stress the league format remains unchanged). Any new signings similarly also get assigned to A or B team at the point they join.

A and B teams would need some thought allocation wise and you would want a mix of time zone players to avoid the potential for default losses.

Just trying to think of ways to freshen the format up a bit. Thats what this thread needs so come on people - be innovative.

100 points league deduction next season for teams which have any player posting after this one 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!'
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:31 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
polar_bear said:
dgeneratio said:
whocares8x8 said:

Yeah it does, I plan on bringing UT back before this happens, and when SS fold I will take my old players back...

better hope they don't win then and UT would possibly be the only clan what would stop me going to MVP if i was that good (which im not)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:04 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Everyone needs to stop the anger and stop being nasty towards each other. Everyone stick some Wham! on kick back and relax and remember this is an online pool game not a matter of life and death.

I don't see any problem with the friendlies last season and the way they were played etc.

I do think though that if during a season like we were on about about a month a go if a team gets so many defaults at 10-5 or worse they should be kicked out. Or maybe that player kicked out if they get more than 2?

I dunno what has been said tbh as I cba reading back 10 pages for the last day or 2 to make my mind up and then type this and then see there has been another 10 pages while I have been typing.

You lot are too hard to keep up with.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Chris-I judge each idea on its merit so don't think i'm not open to new ones just because I haven't liked some of yours.
Getting more people into the cup is always something I have wanted to see not sure if an MVP v MVP final would be a good thing for the competition but I do like a lot of things from the idea.
The other main problem from it is the reliability of some clans, you only need 10/16 active to complete those games which should be very achievable but it makes it harder when they've been allocated into groups would say that until they have played for A or B team they could transfer between?
Still think the cup needs a bit of something different to make it special and this could be it.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:37 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
and also decreasing frames from 15 to 9
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
20:15 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
can't remember lol but probably.

MVP couldn't win the cup for 14 seasons which shocked me to be honest as they have a really good team, just shows how good the mickey mouse cup was

The cups not been going 14 seasons, I think it started in season 5 and MVP only did 8 seasons last time round so was 7 seasons we didnt bother with it lol.
Everyone knows what we thought of the cup and how we used it to give guys games, we've reached finals and not put our strongest team out, it was always about winning leagues.
The format this season has improved it and taken it away from being classed the same as a 5 aside footie game, and I'm not just saying that because we won it, the 9 v 9 final made it a proper team event.

Edited at 18:19 Tue 31/01/12 (GMT)
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
20:21 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
polar_bear said:
dgeneratio said:
whocares8x8 said:

Well if UTs beat us it would be a first lol
horse10000
horse10000
21:40 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't knock UT, they had a massive input in the creation of MVP
horse10000
horse10000
21:47 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
With regards to cup, i liked this seasons format as had always disliked the previous option.

Don't see the point of splitting the clans up to create 2 teams, whole point of a clan is you are a clan and you win and lose as a clan. Why would i want to get drawn against fellow clan members and then want to beat them to then support them to win in a league fixture.

Also 16 is a maximum number of players, some clans may only have 10 or 12 players which would mean it was unworkable in my opinion.
eemad
eemad
23:15 Tue 31 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
How about then putting all the A teams on one side of the draw, and all the B teams on the other. If the A team and B team of the same clan win their side of the draw, they have no need to play each other as their clan would have won the cup.

However, if the A team from one clan and then the B team from another clan win their half of the draw, they play each other for the cup.

This way, you don't play your own clan members!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:27 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:
Why would i want to get drawn against fellow clan members and then want to beat them

For fun and for competition - the same reason any of us play on here probably.

There should be more to clan competition than simply gathering a selection of the best players and having formats in all competitions that favour that policy.

Gathering the best players together in a team sport works because you still have to mould them into a team with no guarantee of success. Gathering them together on here in an individual game team format is pretty much a long term exercise in futility. The constant success even bored their Captains in to submission last time round hence them folding (despite anything they might say to the contrary!!).
horse10000
horse10000
02:02 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:

Also 16 is a maximum number of players, some clans may only have 10 or 12 players which would mean it was unworkable in my opinion.

You forgot to explain how to get round this problem chris

Would we only accept clans with 16 players going forward to give it a chance of working, plenty have already complained that they don't want as many as 16 in their clan?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:10 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you cant resource an A and a B team then you dont have one - but your A team still has a maximum of 8 players.

Hows that?
Pages: 19495
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.