League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19192
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:32 Tue 1 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Can't bring a rule on here because it happens all the time on snooker, it's never been a problem till now. And we had 2 months and it was too long, most people were against it. Would be more sensible to say only accounts that have been created before the season are eligible. That would stop this "problem" without punishing geniune new account's from new people joining the site or old ones rejoining. (still think that there's more emphasis on stopping people using 2 accounts at seperate times with a wait, than on multi-using)

fair enough, its just an idea and didn't expect positive feedback but always worth posting, i did try to avoid saying snooker as people sometimes post more negative (not saying you here either).

i still think transfers do need looking at though as in my example you could deactivate to get round it, any ideas?

ab_rfc
ab_rfc
02:09 Wed 2 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
back to no transfers, simple
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
04:46 Thu 3 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The transfer rule this season was a tester, it was a bit hit and miss, I am going to scrap the transfer rule and it should go back to no transfers during the season.

So if you leave a clan you are out for the rest of the season, some circumstances will be taken onboard at the league runners discretion.

If you have any questions then message me or post here.

Is there anything else up for discussion?...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:22 Thu 3 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The Synchronization of both the FCL & FBL should be abandoned as with different clan numbers in both leagues due to the pre-season tests will always put 1 ahead of the other and if players are regular on here whats the need for the break to let the other league catch up ? It's a online game and its not like you need a vacation after a season.

Join a clan and play for that clan when the leagues start it does not matter really when they start.

ie

Both fixtures start 1st june as a example

Fixture 1 FCL
Untouchables v Shooters Revenge
dgeneratio v doubted_u2

Final fixture 5 of FBL
Snooker Squad v Top Pool Aces
dgeneratio v big_mouse

Untouchables may or not enter both leagues..It has no bearing on the player involved as one league is finishing the other starting.

Once the FBL has finished and Untouchables want to enter it dgeneratio joins them.

If the naming in clans thing applies....well easy way is whatever league starts first has priority over this. Eventually One league will take over the other.

If is is felt by the League Runners that a player may throw a match to decide a outcome of a fixture for his/her new clan it is then upto the League Runners to decide if that player is eligible to play in the fixture when the team sheets are submitted or even prior to this requested.

EDIT <>

Just a matter of a coalition between the leagues on a way forward.

Edited at 04:26 Thu 03/05/12 (BST)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:09 Thu 3 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have already abandoned the idea of trying to get both leagues along side each other. I have mentioned it to Sarah on a few occassions and she has not said yes but not said no either. Regardless of that, as head runner of the FCL my main priority is the FCL and all my time and effort has to go into that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:17 Thu 3 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Good i appreciate the feedback and the yes/no says all 4 me maybe not others. I appreciate you are now mega busy and a congrats to you both and am glad all went well
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:39 Thu 3 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have already abandoned the idea of trying to get both leagues along side each other. I have mentioned it to Sarah on a few occassions and she has not said yes but not said no either. Regardless of that, as head runner of the FCL my main priority is the FCL and all my time and effort has to go into that.

Thats a big mistake. The fact is some clans always start to disintegrate at this stage. At least if all leagues run at the same time it affects them all equally.

There cant be more than two to three weeks left in the FBL. Let them complete that then everyone can start afresh with their new clans even if it means the FBL has a quick turnaround into its next season.

Why not set a timetable now,allowing for all cup finals, remaining league games and trial games (if there are any) etc, so that everyone knows where they stand?

For example...

FBL/FCL trial games 26/5/12 to 10/6/12 and then opening fixtures for both league released on 17/6/12.

Alternatively start the leagues one week apart so that new fixtures are released for all clans once a week rather than two sets of fixtures every other weekend.

It would be nice to have a little bit of planning and common sense.

Edited at 12:51 Thu 03/05/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:32 Thu 3 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The transfer rule this season was a tester, it was a bit hit and miss, I am going to scrap the transfer rule and it should go back to no transfers during the season.

So if you leave a clan you are out for the rest of the season, some circumstances will be taken onboard at the league runners discretion.

If you have any questions then message me or post here.

Is there anything else up for discussion?...

here we go again on league runners discretion.
it should be no discretion.same apply to every one whoever tom nick or harry no discretion end of
you make a rule keep to it so everyone no where they stand with it
once the league kick of no transfer so before your sign for a team make sure you say with them and your happy with that team otherwise you cant sign for a new team until the new season restarts again
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:42 Thu 3 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought we had all these conversations before?

So dgen starts the season with Snooker Squad. I then fall out with him after a week and kick him out. You're telling me he should have to wait until the new season until he can play again? That's 2-3 months for FCL and 3-4 months for FBL.

Was there a big problem with the current rule? I thought it was ok. The main problems resulted from the fact that the rules weren't updated on the website, so some people thought they needed captain's permission.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:49 Thu 3 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Last season the FCL turned the league round unusually quickly rather than have the usual break, which allows players to relax from clan pool for a few weeks, this then put pressure on the FBL to fall into line with the FCL. As it was, it was clearly decided to push ahead and start early regardless of any thought of the FBL.
The current season in FBL has been most successful, and will not be finished until the final of the cup game has been completed.If FCL wish to start season 15 before FBL has finished,i cannot do anything about that.
We intend to release our schedule on the Friday of next week.
Obviously with FCL teams announcing their new players , there are going to be players named that are still playing in the FBL for their current team , please will captains respect this, and out of courtesy message the previous captain and let them know that they will be naming the player for FCL.

Sarah
FBL Head League Runner
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:07 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
this then put pressure on the FBL to fall into line with the FCL. As it was, it was clearly decided to push ahead and start early regardless of any thought of the FBL.

Like i have said, the FCL and FBL are totally different league's neither should be thinking of any of them.

Sarah if you wish to try, maybe we can build up a schedule where both leagues run at the same time. I am a little edgy about this though as this could mean the FCL would not be running for a month or maybe more, but at the same time it does give players and such a break as well as runners, means that the website can be fully updated and any changes can be made to. Sounds harsh but if we want to give people what they want and this case it is running both leagues at the same time then they will have to pay the price and possibly wait some weeks/month(s) till it starts again. Im more than willing to speak to you about it and hopefully get it done. Tried in the past but with it being brought up so late the league had to start.

Rick your beginning to do my head in now, Seb's post is the reason it says at league runners discretion, im sure you would feel hard done by if you got kicked out by a captain and could not play in the rest of the season because or something you could not control.

The transferring to other clans will only be allowed until the start of the pre season games so if you want to move then you need to do it before then.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:10 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Good i appreciate the feedback and the yes/no says all 4 me maybe not others. I appreciate you are now mega busy and a congrats to you both and am glad all went well

If it can be done then im more than willing to sit and speak to the head of FBL and see what we can try and achieve.

Only real problem is that the FBL has more teams as Fighting Eagles have said they are FBL only. If the teams in both leagues were even then it would run very smoothly i think.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:27 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Chris why would we want to post a schedule just now? I am currently waiting on the FBL as i have said here and in message to Sarah that i am more than willing to sort out a similar schedule that means we both run at the same time. If/When we have a schedule and it is agreed on it will be posted, it will be posted at least two to three weeks before the pre season games even start maybe so every clan will know.

I'll say this now to, if teams want to find out any rule changes or anything along those lines will be posted here, im sorry but not going to spend time messaging all the captains when they should actually be taking the time to get up to speed with the league and the changes . I am not a slave to anyone and i dont want to start being one
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
02:35 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think if your planning a long break you should plan the pre season friendlies to finish a couple of weeks before the season starts, breaks it up a bit and also gives the runners time to sort out the leagues and default panels.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:37 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I was thinking that Alan, i think it is more down to what the FBL has done on their schedule to though, i have messaged Sarah now and just waiting on a reply to that . If it can be done then im sure we will both try our best to do it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:39 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
schedule for fbl will be done by thursday nxt week this may help
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:49 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah Craig have spoke to Sarah already, she is going to send me it soon as possible and see what we can sort out.

bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:57 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If the schedule does go to league starting lets say two weeks after the pre season games then i may have an idea about the transfers.

If no one likes it then fair enough as im happy with the change im going to do anyway

So as of next season there will be no transfers during the season. If the league starts a fortnight after the pre season then maybe have a full week where players can move to a another clan if they wish to. The pre season could act as a trial run in that clan for that player(s)

Im not to keen on the above but it is an idea none the less but im sure many wont like it anyway.
horse10000
horse10000
03:13 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought we had all these conversations before?

So dgen starts the season with Snooker Squad. I then fall out with him after a week and kick him out. You're telling me he should have to wait until the new season until he can play again? That's 2-3 months for FCL and 3-4 months for FBL.

Was there a big problem with the current rule? I thought it was ok. The main problems resulted from the fact that the rules weren't updated on the website, so some people thought they needed captain's permission.

Agree with this, apart from a couple of instances the rule for one swap hasn't caused any real issues and it was brought into prevent circumstances like above.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:38 Fri 4 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree with Seb there, if it aint broke then don't fix it. No problems with the transfer rule this season so keep it the same.

We are going to have different numbers in FCL and FBL so trying to get them in line all the time isn't going to work, however we should get together and decide what works better fortnightly deadlines falling on the same days or like this season where it has worked out one week you get FCL deadline and the next FBL.
The way it has been this season you get teams concentrating on the league with the deadline closest each week...it;s whether that is a good thing or not.
Pages: 19192
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.