League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18990
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:47 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What on earth are you on about lol? for one i never said she did nothing thanks so rather pointless stating that.

2. I don't claim to be an authority on anything, im just offering my opinion from and unbiased point of view cos i dont really give a crap what happens lol.

3. please keep your posts on topic because nothing you have said has related to anything i have. I just was saying my opinions and what i deem to be the way forward. That is all petal
cool_dude
cool_dude
10:41 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
well if you want to air your dirty laundry in public tokko thats fine, but i will not be rising to it

you clearly have your opinion of me and now I have a very different one of you

------------------------------------

thanks kenbo for your lovely words there, it is hard work trying to manage league, long distance relationship and being pregnant.

rick as a bloke, obviously you have never actually had the "delights" of being pregnant, sometimes you cant just get on with things, sometimes physical effects of having a baby growing inside you takes its toll and its not easy to just ignore them for the sake of keeping people on a virtual game happy. my life comes first.

if you think the running of the league is sooo easy, Jay said he will hand it to you personally next season and see how you do. "cant do the simplest tasks" - nothing in this league is simple, each minute decision has an impact on multiple people.

More excuses? Everytime something is said that you don't like you jump on the defensive.

Try listening to opinions of long term players and the league would actually work a lot better.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:32 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
well if you want to air your dirty laundry in public tokko thats fine, but i will not be rising to it

you clearly have your opinion of me and now I have a very different one of you

------------------------------------

thanks kenbo for your lovely words there, it is hard work trying to manage league, long distance relationship and being pregnant.

rick as a bloke, obviously you have never actually had the "delights" of being pregnant, sometimes you cant just get on with things, sometimes physical effects of having a baby growing inside you takes its toll and its not easy to just ignore them for the sake of keeping people on a virtual game happy. my life comes first.

if you think the running of the league is sooo easy, Jay said he will hand it to you personally next season and see how you do. "cant do the simplest tasks" - nothing in this league is simple, each minute decision has an impact on multiple people.

More excuses? Everytime something is said that you don't like you jump on the defensive.

Try listening to opinions of long term players and the league would actually work a lot better.

its mean to be the best time of your life carrying a baby i had mine and now have 4 grand kids my daughter as had 3 of them not once did she moan what was in front of her she just got on with it like most normal woman do
just to make this clear its not a illness you not doing heavy work
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:38 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
as it was show by one of her players that made a sub but did not put on our thread
as everybody knows if you make a sub then its got to be put on both threads
this was my point yesterday with you and you said to me i trust my players
where was the sub put on my thread we not mind readers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The rule that always i knew of stated that the sub/swap had to be posted on the official subs/swap page first by the capt or vice then also posted on the opposing clans thread..Also a offline message to opposing clan captain (but this is optional). I do not think there is anything in the rules to say that a player outwith the captain or vices can make these subs or changes.

Edit

5.7 states that a player can make a substitution if given permission by the clan capt/vices...I expect that the rules of informing still apply via threads or message.

Edited at 10:09 Mon 23/04/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:30 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Isn't the game in question a Super League game??

TPA v Crazy Eights

greyhound v bri1974

sly_fox was subbed in by diamond_jem as posted on the Super League substitutions thread.

You can provide guidelines on a best practice for dealing with subs but I am not sure what sanction you could really bring in if not followed. Hence why they are guidelines and not directives.

Should a game not be played and go to default, then not following the guidelines could potentially go against the team making the sub if it contributed to the game not being played. Aside from that I'm not sure what else you could do?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:41 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
tell you what then, if im such a poor league runner, i quit !

shove your league and your opinions where the sun don't shine, but when nothing gets done/updated, dont complain at the other 2 runners !
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:51 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
LEAGUE going to collapse unless we all pull together and sort it once and for all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:00 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Bit gutting to see the league I actually started alongside a good friend is going to pot really. Hope it gets sorted out.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:00 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
chris and anoneeemouse have done a great job in fsl and fbl why dont bluenose1872 and diamond_jem work with chris and sarah to try and make it better.

jay and jem no disrespect.

i just trying to help.
punkpoet
punkpoet
16:03 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
:O almsot plagerised off what I said on facebook lmao kenny.
Also i think if mich started the leage maybe he should take it back over?
But tbf jem does do alot of the updates and I feel that all league runners since i have been in clans have been underappreciated.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
why not just have one league? forget 2 or 3
all one big league
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:09 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd happily take over next season but I am not going to push anyone out here jay and jem have done a good job have had the least defaults yet I believe. If they do wish to part ways with the running of the fcl I am only a message away.
punkpoet
punkpoet
16:12 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I did't say push them out I just saw your post and was thinking outloud.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:14 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I know just don't want them thinking they are being pushed out.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:23 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
too many players sitting on their high horses making demands, thinking this job so easy, its clear people think i dont offer anything so i cant be bothered trying anymore

now i got Rick telling me how i should act as a pregnant woman...? are you serious!

Jay not going to be happy when he wakes up, but i dont care, wouldnt take this in real life, aint going to take it on here
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:26 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What issues have there actually been in the FCL this season? Certainly compared to some previous seasons!!

The permission for transfer rule was altered based on a majority consensus and there has been one default score causing an issue for one team. Any others?

Regarding the default issue, I think it has been overlooked somewhat that the game should actually have been completed in one sitting with both players having been available to start it, play it and complete it.

Defaults are not really there to address issues like that. They are there to try and provide fairness to all clans in the division by awarding points where due, within guidelines, where teams have not been able to get games played. They have never been there, and should never be there, to reward teams at fault in any way for causing games not to be played/completed.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the actual final default score, it didn't change which team won the overall fixture and never should have, which was correct.

And that is an unbiased point of view from someone not involved in the FCL, associated past or present with either team or even in another clan competing in the league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:45 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Chris that is the most sensible thing I have read about his ongoing discussion/argument, also jem there was no need to step down really although good luck to you and bluenose1872 with the baby.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:12 Mon 23 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
sad to see you leave jem but i totally understand your position
horse10000
horse10000
00:05 Tue 24 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What issues have there actually been in the FCL this season? Certainly compared to some previous seasons!!

The permission for transfer rule was altered based on a majority consensus and there has been one default score causing an issue for one team. Any others?

Regarding the default issue, I think it has been overlooked somewhat that the game should actually have been completed in one sitting with both players having been available to start it, play it and complete it.

Defaults are not really there to address issues like that. They are there to try and provide fairness to all clans in the division by awarding points where due, within guidelines, where teams have not been able to get games played. They have never been there, and should never be there, to reward teams at fault in any way for causing games not to be played/completed.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the actual final default score, it didn't change which team won the overall fixture and never should have, which was correct.

And that is an unbiased point of view from someone not involved in the FCL, associated past or present with either team or even in another clan competing in the league.

Couldn't have put it any better, well said chris

We have heard 101 posts that the defaults were done were unfair. The defaults that were done were done very fairly based on the information provided by the teams. If the players involved choose not to send messages and clans involved choose not to bother doing subs they have only got themselves to blame if they are not happy with defaults.

All clans should be trying for 0 defaults instead of worrying about who is in the room etc, there is an ignore function on pool so no reason why any clan game shouldn't have viewers anyway.

As for the constant having a go at jem and jay, this season has seen the least arguments and the least number of defaults so instead of having a go at them, maybe you should all start appreciating the time and effort they put into the FCL.

Hopefully you will reconsider jem as the amount of work you have put in has been appreciated by me and hopefully a number of others who realise the work that you do for the FCL.

Would understand if you didn't though as some of the posts above would make anyone think why do i bother.
Pages: 18990
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.