League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19091
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:47 Tue 24 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
As true as that statement is Keith I wouldnt take a thing away from what jem has done but in seeing that she is going to have a newborn jem perhaps wont have the time although I'm sure jay will do all he can to help her with their child and also with the running of the league if she reconsiders, your right may and jem and yourself have done a fantastic job and I would never ever dispute that. I don't want jem or jay to take any offence from this post I'm just saying that obviously her newborn is more important and although the argument on here isn't good for her maybe the stepping down came at the Perfect time even if it wasn't in perfect circumstances?
tinie
tinie
21:10 Tue 24 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What's the rules on naming players for next season these days?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:16 Tue 24 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You have to give them Spanish nicknames
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:16 Tue 24 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What's the rules on naming players for next season these days?

Cant name without there current captains permission
tinie
tinie
21:21 Tue 24 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You have to give them Spanish nicknames

I might give that a try
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:52 Fri 27 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hi everyone i think it would be easy for all captains to put in all results in for they teams on the web site like it use to be done before
it would save a lot of time for the runners so if one captains put them in
then if the other captain see this he as need need to put them in to

just a thought
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:01 Fri 27 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hi everyone i think it would be easy for all captains to put in all results in for they teams on the web site like it use to be done before
it would save a lot of time for the runners so if one captains put them in
then if the other captain see this he as need need to put them in to

just a thought

i agree but without jans site its almost impossible
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
06:54 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It is a good idea Rick and i did look into it when taking over the FCL, but as James said without Jan's site that he made it is near impossible, even if it was possible it requires a lot of time and effort and then again it may not work if you get me.

Another thing to be discussed here is the Individual League, people brought up that they thought the scoring system was a little off. Does any one have any ideas on what could be a better way to do this? I have one but would rather hear your thoughts first.

As you all know the FCL league finishes on Sunday, but the actual league does not finish until the 13th as the clan cup final is last on the schedule.

During the time of the clan cup going on, i will be posting and asking what clans wish to take part in the league next season, the fortnight that the game is going on people can move to any clan they wish to aslong as they are not involved in the cup game. If a cup team took on a new player then obvioulsy that player can not play. Ill be posting more in detail and in more sense soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:00 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I would just like to say a BIG well done to bluenose1872 and diamond_jem. You guys went through alot during this season be it league or personal things and to basically bring a season to a end very soon i Congratulate you both with more congrats soon
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:32 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
individual league last season was the best way, 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw.

if tied sort by games played then frame difference.

my last season in 8 Ball UK individual league i saw that we had a 3 way tie and thats how it should be, nice and close.
horse10000
horse10000
12:42 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
individual league last season was the best way, 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw.

my last season in 8 Ball UK individual league i saw that we had a 3 way tie and thats how it should be, nice and close.

Agree with this format, it should never have been changed back. Only other thing we could add to keep interest going would be for the top 4 in each league to play off over a longer format to decide the winner.

Semi Final
Game 1 = 1 v 4
Game 2 = 2 v 3

Best of 9

Final
Winner of Game 1 v Winner of Game 2

Best of 17

Or something like that.

This format means more players have something to play for as if they can get into 4th place they still have a chance of winning it even if one player is miles in the lead in first place during the league section.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:50 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
also if football system does get brought in i think frames should be raised to 6 or lowered to 4 to let draws possible.

semi could be best of 7
3rd place playoff best of 7
final best of 9

so its not too long
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:43 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  

I like every frame being counted, think you should get 1 or 2 pts for a win as well though.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:43 Sun 29 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
but you can find one player run away with it

anyways i have a concern and its not about the situation whats just been posted but felt like this for a while.

someone could deactivate to get round transfer rules and guidelines, so what could happen is have ONE person per account per season.

example:

i sign up for Snooker Squad
Fixture Starts
I transfer to TPA
I play in that set then deactivate

how would it be right to allow a free transfer again? so if found out instead of allowing the move ban them from the season or make them move to 2nd clan they was in.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:14 Mon 30 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
but you can find one player run away with it

anyways i have a concern and its not about the situation whats just been posted but felt like this for a while.

someone could deactivate to get round transfer rules and guidelines, so what could happen is have ONE person per account per season.

example:

i sign up for Snooker Squad
Fixture Starts
I transfer to TPA
I play in that set then deactivate

how would it be right to allow a free transfer again? so if found out instead of allowing the move ban them from the season or make them move to 2nd clan they was in.

its going to be very hard to prove that james am not happy if people do this the only ones that can help you there is a mod with a ip address but to be honest if people have to wait 2 months to rejoin then its not worth them doing that only on new accounts
as the league only runs for 8 weeks or so
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:26 Tue 1 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah whichever, just something to try and stop people deactivating
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
08:36 Tue 1 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
You might as well say no new accounts can join until the next season, if that rule is in place all's a player would have to do is not say who they are and they can play. Mod's/Admin have no right to inform the league as this is an abuse of power (Might be a breach of data protection act but i'm not sure).

Anyway, seems to be more focus on stopping one person playing again after waiting a month than stopping people using two accounts or more at once in a league. Seem's rather ridiculous to me.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:29 Tue 1 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
nope if you think its about perfect_play your dead wrong, its happened millions of times on snooker of people deactivating (don't believe me ask Seb as i told him this idea months ago) and i just think you should either play on one account per season OR increase wait to 2 months, 2 months stops deactivations in most cases.

if people think its a bad idea just say so i won't mind but you can't tell my reasoning for the idea.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:01 Tue 1 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
nope if you think its about perfect_play your dead wrong, its happened millions of times on snooker of people deactivating (don't believe me ask Seb as i told him this idea months ago) and i just think you should either play on one account per season OR increase wait to 2 months, 2 months stops deactivations in most cases.

if people think its a bad idea just say so i won't mind but you can't tell my reasoning for the idea.

i go with that james the 2 months stop them deactivating they accounts all the time
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:41 Tue 1 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Can't bring a rule on here because it happens all the time on snooker, it's never been a problem till now. And we had 2 months and it was too long, most people were against it. Would be more sensible to say only accounts that have been created before the season are eligible. That would stop this "problem" without punishing geniune new account's from new people joining the site or old ones rejoining. (still think that there's more emphasis on stopping people using 2 accounts at seperate times with a wait, than on multi-using)

As for the indiv's idea. Play-offs would be a great idea, reverting back to the old format wouldn't, especially from some of the reasoning above. The format last season wouldn't have made it closer, it would've made it further apart.

E.G. uk league this season.

man_up would be on 42 points. (1 left to play)
ipotalot on 27 (5 left to play)

^ means ipotalot could get 5 wins and still not win if man_up got a 3-2 win. whereas he's currently 21 points behind him, 3-2 wins would put him 24 points behind with 5 games to play. so he could catch him.

That system people see quicker that they can't win and don't seem to bother. It was the reason a few seasons ago the 9 ball league ended up going from 20 at the start to 3 at the end, because people couldn't win early on.

Maybe give bonus points for win's, but don't change to wins as the main scoring.
Pages: 19091
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.